All reviews new ownership newly renovated and very clean k cup front desk breeze inn the bus system yogurt major renovation bed and pillows hard boiled eggs airport shuttle definitely stay here again continental breakfast visitor center convenience store the hotel offers nice stay
Reviewed August 9, 2018

The hotel was clean. The rooms are large. The staff was friendly and attentive. Breakfast was standard continental. Ample parking. Close to the airport. It is about a 15 minute drive into Juneau. Only 24/7 convenience store in Juneau is right across the street and their bakery items were actually pretty good. Lodging in Juneau in the summer is pricey and this was reasonably priced comparatively speaking. It is not glamorous but we didn't go to Alaska to sit in a hotel; we went to explore.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

With newly renovated rooms, this hotel is clean and provides all I need when visiting Juneau for both business and pleasure. Close to Airport and grocery stores. Some quick food and coffee in the morning, and I’m on my way!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Very average. Front desk ice only. Machine ran out of coke and water. Manager rates it higher than it deserves. Is by the airport. Needs lots more light in the room. Lots more. Housekeeping was superb. No frig or microwave. We got a fan which was good. Was going through a warmer time. Would have been nice to have a ceiling fan.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Susan K, Owner at Super 8 by Wyndham Juneau, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Elklovers,

Thank you for your response. The rating on the Juneau Super 8 is based on the guests stay at the hotel and their rating, not me as the manager.

This property just went through a $2 million plus in renovations which included......

*A completely new lobby and breakfast area from the shabbish one here before!!!!
*A working elevator so you don't have to carry your luggage up to the 2nd and 3rd floor through the stairwell
*All ROOMS have the NEW Super 8 room package which includes all furniture, beds, carpet
*All room floors were floated out so they do not crunch under your feet along with all new carpeting
*All windows were replaced to help reduce the sound from outside
*Complete painting of all exterior/interior and cleaning up of property grounds
*A completely SMOKE free environment (No Cigarette or Cannabis) which was prevalent upon our first arrival to take over this property
*New shuttle van
*There are 17 studio suites, some with an additional living area, all have large refrigerators, microwaves, kitchen sink and cabinet
area. (Induction cookers, pots and pans, dishes and silverware provided upon request for long term stays)
*Most of the rooms do have refrigerator/microwaves and we are budgeting to purchase additional units for the balance of the rooms.
*Many other upgrades have been made to this property that have not been mentioned here.

As for the vending machines the local company that owns them fills the machines. We have been fully booked and have requested to have more frequent service of the vending machines. I apologize for the inconvenience.

We have substantially IMPROVED the Juneau Super 8 and will continue to improve this once very tired property!!!.

Again, thank you for your review

Reviewed July 25, 2018

I chose this highly rated budget lodging because it was far away from the cruise ship tourist area and was also close to the airport. I chose to rent a car, which is very expensive in Juneau. It was either that or have to wait for taxis, which could be cheaper in the long run. This place is also walking distance to Breeze Inn across the street, which is open 24 hours for groceries, deli sandwiches, baked goods, and alcohol. Just be aware that Tuesdays are known as Barge Days when barges bring supplies into Juneau. Before Barge Days, many of the shelves of stores all around town will be bare for certain goods.

The bed and pillows have to be among the most comfortable that I have ever slept in. The fellow guests tend to be quiet and I heard no TV's from nearby rooms. Outdoor lovers are a different breed, aren't we?

When I first got to my room, I was disappointed that it had no drawers to put my things in. After a couple of days, I realized that the handles were replaced my an open space to grab from at the top of each wooden panel. This eliminates the safety hazards of exposed handles as well as improving the appearance. Brilliant!!! The drain stopper in the bath tub also took me a couple of days to figure out that it was a push button to operate. As for air conditioning, the thermostat was hidden behind a cabinet. They basically don't need air conditioning in Juneau. Just open the third floor window to let the gentle breezes into the room. All one hears outside are ravens and helicopters. Now and then, a jet takes off, but it is not bad at all. My room also came with a fridge, which was a pleasant surprise.

I skipped maid service after the first night and then found the safe on the floor of the tall closet, which is operated by a four digit number provided by you. I placed my valuables in the safe and then took my Do Not Disturb sign off. When I returned from a seven hour boat trip, a small towel was placed between the hall the bottom of my door to allow for my room to be opened by about two inches. This is a very safe area, but I did not like this at all!! They air out unoccupied rooms all day and nothing ever smells in this place. However, occupied rooms should always be locked after maid service!!!! And to make matters worse, the maid did not leave an extra roll of toilet paper, which I had to get from the front desk. This maid also had the nerve to place the tip envelope into the middle of the table where I could see it. After this episode, the Do Not Disturb sign remained on my door knob outside. I had my own large garbage bag and plenty of towels, so I chose to not have maid service for the remaining two full days of my stay.

The only reason for me not giving this place 5 stars is for the one time maid episode.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located by the street so here can hear traffic sound ,on the other hand here is very near airport and food shop. Clean room and friendly staff. Including breakfast not so many choices but good selections.

Trip type: Travelled solo