“Clean place to rest” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kenai
Anchorage, Alaska
“Clean place to rest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

This hotel is very clean and roomy. Only things that disappointed us were we could hear noise all around the outside of our room and the bed was like sleeping on a trampoline. It has a nice little kitchen if you want to cook up a snack while staying. The great thing is that it is located a bit off the main road. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank loonalaska

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

The hotel is quiet, clean, and the room are nice because they are fairly new.

Two things I don't like, the maid service is only done once a week. After day 4, I ran out of clean towels and the trash cans in the room were overflowing. Would rather pay 10 bucks a day extra for daily or at least every 3 day maid service. Wireless internet is free but is very slow for such a new place. Can't even watch a youtube video the internet is so slow.

For Kenai, AK.. it's a good place but that is just because average is good in this location....

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Craig S
Blaine, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We were extremely impressed with this hotel. The rooms were very large and spacious. It had a huge refrigerator with a freezer on the top. The bathrooms were large and the rooms were very quiet. The place looks brand new!

I highly recommend this hotel. We drove all around Kenai and this was the nicest place in the entire city! Book your stay here right now!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Erika N
GMKenai, General Manager at Aspen Extended Stay Suites, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Good Morning, Thank you for letting us know about your wonderful stay at our hotel. We strive to make all of our guests stays a home away from home. If there is anything else that we can do for you please do not hesistate to contact us for your future stays on the Kenai Peninsula.
Thanks, Maranda B General Manager Aspen Suites Kenai.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

I was taking a fishing side trip from my business trip in Anchorage. I stayed here two nights and found it to be a great value. Room service is only once a week, however, for two nights I could live without new towels and bed sheets. The room had a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, stove, and fully stocked cooking/eating utensils. It is a fairly new hotel, so all items were new or barely used. The front desk person (Becky?) was friendly and accomodated me on my discount rate that I accidently booked. (I didn't have a government issued I.D....oops). There is a Safeway grocery store, McDonalds, and Wal-Mart all very close for supplies if needed. I found them convenient for getting my supplies to use while staying the two nights. My only complaint was the tap water was slightly tea stained. I do not know if this was due to the hotel plumbing or the local water supply being slightly colored. The tap water did not taste or smell funny,..it just had a slight weak tea look to it. I will also say the room I was in was very quiet (3rd floor). I will rebook this hotel again when I come back next year for more fishing!

Room Tip: I used tripadvisor.com..can't go wrong there.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Golfboywonder
Trout Creek, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

Aside from initial surly greeting by the morning lady desk clerk when we stopped to ask about an early check in, all was well. Actually the morning greeter warmed up and was very nice when we stopped and ask for eating and shopping items we needed to buy for our halibut fishing trip. She was very helpful and nice. I thought her initial behavior as being very busy or maybe overworked.
Very nice, clean, spacious well designed kitchen area, bathroom, living/bedroom.
Very nice place with restaruants close by.
Very nice laundry room with TV.

Room Tip: Very nice complete kitchen.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Los Alamos, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

The room was very nice. This hotel seemed like it was brand new. They were actually in the process of painting it when we checked in. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Several times we asked them for recommendations on places to eat. They were also willing to hold our bags and camera gear for us in one of their conference rooms (locked) after we checked out while we went fishing for the day (we didn’t want to keep our stuff in the rental car). Overall, I would say the price was very fair.
Pros: Courteous, friendly, and accommodating staff, and nice rooms.
Cons: Staff can be unknowledgeable sometimes about the area, and the building is a little tricky to find.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank krmaskaly
Knoxville, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

This property is fairly new and the accommodations are really quite nice. However, when we arrived and asked if an early check in was possible, we were met with an unnecessarily surly response from the manager. Her attitude tainted our impression of an otherwise adequate facility - actually it was rather nice by Alaskan standards. Too bad...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tn3sisters
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenai
0.8 km away
12.3 km away
Soldotna Inn
Soldotna Inn
#8 of 8 in Soldotna

Been to Aspen Extended Stay Suites? Share your experiences!