“Good Food & Service”
Review of The Flats Bistro

The Flats Bistro
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Kenai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Flats Bistro is owned and operated by local born-and-raised Alaskan couple Luke and Naomi Thibodeau. The menu was designed by two Le Cordon Bleu graduates and features fresh, local ingredients, made in house whenever possible. The Flats takes reservations and also saved half of the tables for walk-ins every night.
Reviewed July 30, 2018

We took a chance of a restaurant off the beaten road. We were happy with the food (New York Strip Steak) & service. The food was a little pricy compared to other restaurants. We sat near the window over looking the marsh scenery. It was nice.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Told we had to eat at the bar even though there were numerous empty tables.
Food took over 90 minutes to get.
Ordered rare steak came almost well done and cold.
Halibut dry and cold.
Asked for a discount because of rude food and all the bartender could offer was a free desert.
Took 20 minutes just to get check.
Wasted 2 hours and $200.00 of my life and money.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere at the flats is terrific. Most seats have a view of the Kenai River. They also have outside seating for warm weather. The food can be very good but other times it’s ill prepared. Over or under done meat and swimming in grease. I always order the same two things and they are never consistent. It’s too expensive for inconsistency.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

We had the very best meal here! We ordered the beet salad as an appetizer, it's the best I've ever eaten and enough for 3 to 4 people. I had the Salmon BLT, best one during my 2 week stay, my bf ordered the Fish and Chips, he loved them. Don't forget desert, the buttermilk pie, I never had it before, kind of like a firm, lemon custard, delicious.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

If you are looking for a nice place that offers a step-above food with a nice ambiance you have found the place. The food isn't cheap but if you just go with you and your significant other and leave the kiddos at home you can get something nice to eat.

They have cool appetizers and main course dishes that make for a nice evening.

I recommend this place to anyone.

Been to The Flats Bistro? Share your experiences!