“Do not miss this tour!!”

Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour
Ketchikan Shore Excursion: Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour
Ranked #1 of 97 Tours in Ketchikan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This tour is also known as "Deadliest Catch Crab Fishermen's Tour". You can come aboard the "Aleutian Ballad" crabbing vessel as seen on season 2 of the Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch". Depart Ketchikan Alaska for a 3 hour trip to catch king crab, snow crab, octopus, fish, prawns and more. This tour also features some of the best eagle viewing on the planet. Share the allure and adventure that draw fishermen to the sea. Fishing legends that have worked the Bering Sea are your guides, some you may have seen on TV. The vessel has been retrofitted for guests comfort and fun, with a "live" tank on deck to allow for closer viewing of the wondrous creatures brought on board. Guests stay warm, dry and comfortable while we sail calm and protected waters. This is the REAL ALASKA and you won't want to miss it! Age limit for this tour is 5 years old due to maritime regulations.
Reviewed 24 September 2011

This is a "must" if you are visiting Ketchikan. The moment I got off the ship I wanted to get right back on and take the tour again. The crew were friendly and informative about their line of work. As an unexpected surprise we saw Orca whales on our tour!! Captain David slowed down the ship and interrupted the guys on deck so we could watch the whales. It was really amazing and nice of them to do this for us. Once the whales moved on so did the tour. Terry and Brian taught us about the different type of crabs and life on the Bering Sea. The guys have a great sense of humor and took random questions from the crowd.

We were free to roam the ship, hold the crab, get our pictures taken with the crew and cruise the store inside. I met many nice people too and even talked to Captain David one-on-one for a short time.

If you have the chance to do this tour - DO IT! You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank SironaBrennus
Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed 22 September 2011

I booked this excursion thru the cruise I was on, I was cheaper if you book it straight with the tour company. It was first time at this location so i went with cruise line.

This tour is on an actual crab fishing vessel that was transformed into a tour type of boat, none the less all of it is still operational and the crew brings you out to a spot where crab pots have been placed . They haul up the pots, show you the crabs, give a mini seminar. All crabs are released back into the water

Also given is a demonstration on long line fishing, hooking and baiting.

The boat travels in a very smooth area, no Bering Sea Deadliest catch waves to be had.

On the way to the crab pots will you see magnificant sites. The crew spotted an eagle perched atop a tree , also several eagle nest.

Absolutely safe for young children and seniors alike.

Clean restroom facilities aboard

Trip is approx 3.5 hours long

Tour is located on the same dock as where the cruise ships come in, less than a 5 min walk from your gangway to theirs..

Crew is very friendly and will pose and help with picture taking

2  Thank ProCruiser
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I did this trip with my two children ( 7 and 5) while on an Alaska cruise. It was a great experience for all of us. Interesting things to learn and see, beautiful scenery, engaging crew. The boat had overhead heaters in the seating gallery, a clean and comfortable bathroom and a room with some snacks, coffee, tea etc . I usually am disappointed with cruise ship excursions - this was a complete exception. I highly recommend this tour for the whole family. My children loved it.

2  Thank Arcticfamily
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This tour was fabulous. The crew were so informative. It was facinating to see how they do the job they do. I highly recommend this tour to everyone. You will not be dissapointed!!

2  Thank tuthclnr
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Feel free to click on my profile to see what I have reviewed in the past and where I have been so that you understand what I mean when I say that this was simply one of the greatest tours I have ever been on in my life. If you are going to be in Ketchikan for any reason, this has to be on your list of things to do. Heck if you are going to be anywhere near Ketchikan, drive out of your way to get here and take this tour.

It would be fun enough to just take a cruise through the Alaskan waters on a genuine fishing boat and soak in the scenery. Then you throw in the pots full of crabs and fish that they pull up and let you see and handle first hand and the trip becomes even better. Then you add on the amusing and interesting story telling of the long time fishermen who are manning the boat and it simply puts the trip into another stratosphere. We were even able to stop and watch a native alaskan crew pull in a huge haul of salmon with their nets. Amazing.

This was one of the highlights of our entire cruise vacation to Alaska. Take my advice and book it now and you will thank me later.

3  Thank JMoyer