All reviews top notch fish cook inlet damien captain boats lodge alaska
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Day 2 was even better than Day 1!! Started early at the lodge, made to order breakfast. (You May think the fishing is the star of the show, but the food at the lodge is a close 2nd!!) launched out of Anchor Point today, Captain Steve’s favorite place. Huge tractors tow you out into the water and then park your trailer after. Very cool experience. We trolled fir salmon for an hour or so with no luck, then we started in to halibut. We had good luck, and I almost landed a whopper. It literally was at the side of the boat, and they were about the pull it in and he shook the line. Easily was an 80 pounder, but no luck getting him in the boat. Jim caught 2 good size and I caught one so we almost hit our daily limit for halibut. Then we switched over to salmon fishing and we used down riggers and two poles and just watched for the bites. We rotated turns with fish on. I caught a monster Chum Salmon, very rare the Captain said, and extremely rare over 10 pounds, this monster care in at 18 pounds!! So that was cool. We caught other rockfish, Irish lords, and dolly trout. So it was a lot of fun and I’m all we are taking home just over 50 pounds of fish. Great first trip to Alaska. I would definitely go again, and without hesitation recommend this place to anyone!! The Captain and his staff are incredible! Everything about the trip was fun, and we caught a lot of fish. Can’t wait to come back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dguaton74
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

There should be an absolutely perfect rating for this lodge. Every single detail of my trip was taken care of by their staff. I literally just had to show up at the airport!
This was my second trip there, and somehow, it topped the first!!
Captain Steve and Hunter put us on the fish! Both salt and freshwater!
I caught the biggest salmon and the biggest halibut of my life and wait for a chance at one bigger!
Leanne made sure everything off the water was perfect and even stepped in when a tour I booked on my own didn’t go as planned!
This place is a must see/stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JulieHilton16
Reviewed August 29, 2017

I have been fishing with Capt Steves for years now. After fishing with other outfits and on other boats, there is no comparison, Capt Steves is at the top. The Lodge run by Leanne is a home away from home. From the time you arrive to the time you leave, everything is taken care of for you. The only thing you have to think about is catching fish, what you want to eat and what beer you want at the end of the day. If you want a stress free fishing trip while catching huge fish and eating gourmet food, Capt Steves is the lodge for you.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TZimmer
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

I have used Captain Steve several years now. This year I decided to bring along my 15 year old son the ocean was a little bit challenging for him to catch his halibut and the day before his salmon. Although he struggled Captain Steve was very supportive and very patient with him which helped him catches limit in halibut and in Salmon. Leanna in the office is fabulous to work with. Steve and his crew a professional. I have no desire to fish with anybody else in Alaska

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Trek314509
Reviewed June 6, 2017

I had an awesome time fishing with Captain Steve's Fishing Lodge! Captain Steve put us on the fish early and often! He and Damien were top notch with their helpfulness and service! They are definitely the cream of the crop for fishing charters in Alaska!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo