“Lovely views”

Alaska Horse Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We provide exciting horse related adventures for Alaskans, and Alaska guests! Trail rides, sleigh rides, packing in the mountains, you name it! Do you want an exciting, fast paced ride...? Or perhaps a calm, leisurely ride? Let us know your needs and wants, and we will try to accommodate you the best we can!
Reviewed January 22, 2018

I had a lovely ride. I would rate this more for the beginnger, low intermediate. The horse was well mannered -- there was a slight "spook" but nothing an experienced rider couldn't handle. The ability to see a bit more of the country side was great -- the glacier and the Fall colors.

My disappointment with the ride was the owner had practically promised me more cantoring or trotting than I had on the ride. When the guide said I could trot I barely got into and trot and was told to stop.

Overall it was a lovely rdie and nice to get out into the country for my first trip to the Anchorage area.

All reviews
"took pictures"
"feel comfortable"
"hot cocoa"

Reviewed January 12, 2018

Amazing trail ride through beautiful wooded area and then exit the woods to see the beach and the glaciers and mountains. Can't describe how beautiful the scenery was! The guides were awesome and the horses easy to ride. If you have the chance to do this, absolutely go for it!!!!

Reviewed January 11, 2018

What a great experience we had.. it was an adventure our Mother with her 4 adult children, we all had never taken a sleigh ride..The scenery was spectacular!!! The owner and family were very kind and informative.. I would recommend this to anyone looking for something different to do. Who needs a bucket list when you just venture out and experience different things to do in life...thanks

Reviewed January 7, 2018

We are a local family (single mom, two kids ages 4 & 6) who wanted to do something fun and change it up, although we are pretty active. We went at the recommended day and time from the busniness and were not disappointed at all. Staff were very helpful, knowledgeable, kind to my children and myself and the horse ride was just perfect. My kids were so happy, the horses we rode were great and the beauty of the outdoors kept us all in awe in such a land. Fantastic family adventure and I would advise anyone considering this adventure to not think "What if" but "When" you do go. Before we left my kids were already planning the next trip. Our pictures from the trip described by friends are "breathtaking, beautiful, looks unreal, where are you! I want to go!"
Enjoy your moments when you go on your adventure:)