“Great ride!”

Alaska Horse Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We provide exciting horse related adventures for Alaskans, and Alaska guests! Trail rides, sleigh rides, packing in the mountains, you name it! Do you want an exciting, fast paced ride...? Or perhaps a calm, leisurely ride? Let us know your needs and wants, and we will try to accommodate you the best we can!
Reviewed March 15, 2018

Great experience and the guide was very nice and polite! The horses were very calm. Trail was relaxing. Would recommend!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"breathtaking views"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

We took a private couples sleigh ride. The scenery through the woods and plains was magnificent; mountains all around. Joshua was cordial and polite. The warm house and hot chocolate after the ride were greatly appreciated we would recommend this for a great family or couple outing.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

My husband really wanted to go horseback riding, so I did a little research and found Alaska Horse Adventures. My husband really wanted to go while it was snowing, so we went this weekend (3/3/18), and not to surprising, we were the only ones that ended up booking that day. That did not stop Joshua, our guide/the owner from showing us a good time. We got to meet the horses and help set up before heading out. It was really relaxing and the horses were really well behaved. The place is family owned, and their pride in what they do translates into your experience. They go out of their way to make it enjoyable for you AND the horses, which is awesome. It was a little pricey, but this cost takes care of the horses and the family, so it's totally worth it. We are already planning on using them again for when family visits for something fun/unique and we also plan to take the longer trip some other time (we did the 1.5 hour trip). Highly recommended to all and appreciate the good time!

Reviewed February 27, 2018

We had a wonderful winter sleigh ride on our anniversary getaway!! We hope to return again and bring the whole family.

Date of experience: February 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed January 22, 2018

I had a lovely ride. I would rate this more for the beginnger, low intermediate. The horse was well mannered -- there was a slight "spook" but nothing an experienced rider couldn't handle. The ability to see a bit more of the country side was great -- the glacier and the Fall colors.

My disappointment with the ride was the owner had practically promised me more cantoring or trotting than I had on the ride. When the guide said I could trot I barely got into and trot and was told to stop.

Overall it was a lovely rdie and nice to get out into the country for my first trip to the Anchorage area.

Date of experience: September 2017

Been to Alaska Horse Adventures? Share your experiences!