“Pre-Trip Review (more to come)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Bob's Cabin & Guide Service
“Pre-Trip Review (more to come)”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is a mini-reveiw pre-trip. I have been planning a vacation for our family of seven to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Alaska is their dream destination so I was making myself crazy researching and planning trying to find the location that would allow my Dad to fish his heart out and my Mom to sight-see until she couldn't stand it any longer. It was very difficult to find a location large enough for the 7 of us at an affordable rate. From the very moment I found Bob Standish, I have felt at ease and comfortable. He has taken all my fears away and has talked me through several questions both through e-mail and phone calls. He understands my desire to have this once-in-a-lifetime trip be the biggetst bang for my buck and has offered suggestions and options that no-one else wanted to take the time to do. SO FAR HE IS WELL WORTH EVERY PENNY! More reveiw to come after our trip in July 2012. Looking forward to meeting Bob and having the trip of a lifetime.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 11 December 2011

My business partner and I have gone to Bob's Cabins every year for six years. We intended to go just once for the great salmon fishing and exquisite views, but we were so impressed on many levels with not only Alaska, but with Bob's Cabins, too, that we continue to go back. We have always stayed at Bob's main lodge area, except last year we stayed at one of his Soldotna Riverfront Cabins since we had a larger group. I have found both the main lodge and the cabins to be very comfortable, with excellent accommodations. The cabins are located in a serene area where you can relax after fishing, enjoy the sounds of the Kenai River, and watch the seagulls and eagles soar.
Bob's guiding is exceptional. He is knowledgable on fishing and works very hard to try to make sure everyone gets their fish. He is eager to help on technique as well. Also, if you desire fishing excursions elsewhere on the peninsula (such as fly-ins, halibut fishing and multi-species fishing in Seward), he will find good guides for you and your party.
Bob and his employees are very hardworking and strive to give you an excellent fishing experience in Alaska. They are so successful that you are sure to want to return!
Brian S.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The fishing with Bob has always been spectacular either on the Kenai River or surrounding rivers. The sevice is first class and the facilities top of the line. Several of us have been back year after year. Wether fishing at Seward for multispecies, a flyover for Silvers or a float trip on the Kasilof or the Kenai it can all be done in one trip at Bob's Cabin. We are looking forward to doing it again in 2012. With the varity of accomadations you can be very comfortable, as well as having some fantastic fishing! Bob is definitely a "10.5"

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband and I stayed for six days in early Sept. 2011 at Bob's Cabin. Bob had our time scheduled according to what we wanted to do: guided silver salmon fishing on the Kenai river, guided river fishing on a fly out to Crescent Lake, halibut fishing on a charter out of Homer, Alaska. We stayed at the main log cabin which we found very comfortable. No problems sleeping after an early fishing day! The breakfast and lunch were awesome too. We would recommend Bob's Cabin for both the novice and experienced fisherman. Incredible experience!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OklahomaRocky
Chugiak, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2011

My two daughters & I have fished with Bob for years. We have standing reservations for certain times of the year. We cherish these times, just like Thanksgiving & Christmas. Bob runs a “Top of the Shelf” operation, definitely a cut above anyone else out there as far as Accommodations, Food, & Lodging with a top of the line Guide Service. I started using Bob years ago for Business trips & loved it so much that I bring my girls all the time now. There is a peaceful serenity on the river at Bob’s. I forgot to mention that this is the number one place in the world to catch monster King Salmon. A fish like this is a catch of a life time! Not to mention the Fantastic table fare. Bob makes sure every detail is handled perfectly every time. Go through the photo gallery & you’ll see my 8 year old that out fished 4 adults this fall for Silvers. She talks about going back every time we pull out a few Salmon steaks that Bob filleted & vacuum packed for us. It just doesn’t get any better than this.

Room Tip: I have stayed above the Garage & it's like a 4 star hotel, The Place is Beautiful just to t...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JustFishin99567
Suwanee, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2011

In 2005 I took my Dad to Alaska for a week of fishing and memories of a lifetime, our first time to Alaska. At the time I had a son 3 years old son. The experience was incredible but we both agreed the cabin/service where we stayed was only average. The following year based on a gut feeling I booked our trip with Bob's Cabin and 7 years later my Dad and I continue our annual trip to Alaska and ONLY stay at Bob's Cabin. Here we are going into 2012 and my Dad, son and I are planning our annual trip to Alaska. No question we will only stay at Bob's Cabin. The owner Bob knows how to catch King Salmon (no easy task) and provide great accommodations meeting all your needs. Bob can use me as a reference anytime.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Hamilton, Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We went to Soldotna in August 2011 and stayed at Bob's Cabin on the beautiful Kenai River. The trip could not have been any better. Bob arranged a week of fishing expeditions for my wife and two kids. We had wonderful guides each day and the fishing was incredible. The kids can't wait to go back. The cabins are very comfortable and located right on the river. For those who don't get enough fishing on their daily trips, you can walk out the back door and continue fishing. Bob does a great job of organizing trips based on your fishing experience. I would highly recommend Bob's Cabin.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Monte H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soldotna
2.0 km away
7.0 km away
Salmon Catcher Lodge
Salmon Catcher Lodge
#4 of 17 in Kenai

Been to Bob's Cabin & Guide Service? Share your experiences!