Bob's Cabin & Guide Service
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Soldotna
See available hotels
Soldotna Inn(Soldotna)
View Hotel
All reviewshalibut fishingthe main lodgecrescent lakesalmonfishing tripmy sonback porchfamily friendsfrom arrival to departurewell worth the efforttaking such good carehis lifelog cabinriver frontfish processingsockeyecatch fish
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My business partner and I have gone to Bob's Cabins every year for six years. We intended to go just once for the great salmon fishing and exquisite views, but we were so impressed on many levels with not only Alaska, but with Bob's Cabins, too, that we continue to go back. We have always stayed at Bob's main lodge area, except last year we stayed at one of his Soldotna Riverfront Cabins since we had a larger group. I have found both the main lodge and the cabins to be very comfortable, with excellent accommodations. The cabins are located in a serene area where you can relax after fishing, enjoy the sounds of the Kenai River, and watch the seagulls and eagles soar.
Bob's guiding is exceptional. He is knowledgable on fishing and works very hard to try to make sure everyone gets their fish. He is eager to help on technique as well. Also, if you desire fishing excursions elsewhere on the peninsula (such as fly-ins, halibut fishing and multi-species fishing in Seward), he will find good guides for you and your party.
Bob and his employees are very hardworking and strive to give you an excellent fishing experience in Alaska. They are so successful that you are sure to want to return!
Brian S.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2011

The fishing with Bob has always been spectacular either on the Kenai River or surrounding rivers. The sevice is first class and the facilities top of the line. Several of us have been back year after year. Wether fishing at Seward for multispecies, a flyover for Silvers or a float trip on the Kasilof or the Kenai it can all be done in one trip at Bob's Cabin. We are looking forward to doing it again in 2012. With the varity of accomadations you can be very comfortable, as well as having some fantastic fishing! Bob is definitely a "10.5"

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed for six days in early Sept. 2011 at Bob's Cabin. Bob had our time scheduled according to what we wanted to do: guided silver salmon fishing on the Kenai river, guided river fishing on a fly out to Crescent Lake, halibut fishing on a charter out of Homer, Alaska. We stayed at the main log cabin which we found very comfortable. No problems sleeping after an early fishing day! The breakfast and lunch were awesome too. We would recommend Bob's Cabin for both the novice and experienced fisherman. Incredible experience!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OklahomaRocky
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My two daughters & I have fished with Bob for years. We have standing reservations for certain times of the year. We cherish these times, just like Thanksgiving & Christmas. Bob runs a “Top of the Shelf” operation, definitely a cut above anyone else out there as far as Accommodations, Food, & Lodging with a top of the line Guide Service. I started using Bob years ago for Business trips & loved it so much that I bring my girls all the time now. There is a peaceful serenity on the river at Bob’s. I forgot to mention that this is the number one place in the world to catch monster King Salmon. A fish like this is a catch of a life time! Not to mention the Fantastic table fare. Bob makes sure every detail is handled perfectly every time. Go through the photo gallery & you’ll see my 8 year old that out fished 4 adults this fall for Silvers. She talks about going back every time we pull out a few Salmon steaks that Bob filleted & vacuum packed for us. It just doesn’t get any better than this.

Room Tip: I have stayed above the Garage & it's like a 4 star hotel, The Place is Beautiful just to tour, staying there is the Cherry on Top!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JustFishin99567
Reviewed November 21, 2011

In 2005 I took my Dad to Alaska for a week of fishing and memories of a lifetime, our first time to Alaska. At the time I had a son 3 years old son. The experience was incredible but we both agreed the cabin/service where we stayed was only average. The following year based on a gut feeling I booked our trip with Bob's Cabin and 7 years later my Dad and I continue our annual trip to Alaska and ONLY stay at Bob's Cabin. Here we are going into 2012 and my Dad, son and I are planning our annual trip to Alaska. No question we will only stay at Bob's Cabin. The owner Bob knows how to catch King Salmon (no easy task) and provide great accommodations meeting all your needs. Bob can use me as a reference anytime.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family