“Enjoyed our stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Dream Cabin
Melba moose with two calfs laying on the lawn.
Joy cabin
Gratitude Cabin.
Gratitude Cabin
Chapel Lodge
Historic Log Lodge
Peace Within Cabin
Serenity Cabin
Serenity Cabin
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

B90
Houston
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed July 5, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We enjoyed our stay in the Serenity cabin and the hosts were very nice and accommodating. The grounds are very pretty and well kept. The cabin had everything that we needed. The property is conveniently located close to town and not too far from river access. I would definitely stay here again.

Your age range 35-49
JanC1952
Leavenworth, Washington
“A Cabin by the Pond - our favorite spot in Alaska!”
Reviewed July 4, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We stayed @ "A Cabin by the Pond" for two days & wished we could have stayed longer. The camp hosts: Millie & Paul were friendly, helpful & very accommodating to our needs. We actually stayed in two different cabins; The JOY cabin & Peace Within cabin. The cabins were both decorated & furnished with beautiful items. The beds were so comfortable...we didn't want to get out of bed.
The highlight of our stay...of course...was seeing Misty the mama moose & her twins!
She visited both days we were there...and stayed for awhile...so we could get lots of terrific photo's. Also...we loved feeding Jerome the resident squirrel & her two babies. She was really stock piling the peanuts...getting ready for a cold winter, I guess?
A Cabin by the Pond was everything & MORE that it was advertised to be!!
We LOVED every minute of our stay!

Liked best: wildlife
Liked least: no answer
Families with young children
juddbrink
Brainerd, Minnesota
“A Cabin by the Pond was the highlight of our Alaska Adventure experience!”
Reviewed July 2, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

A Cabin by the Pond is located in Soldotna, AK an area close to great fishing and wildlife viewing. One of the reasons we choose to stay here was an opportunity to see a moose that often visits the pond. We also wanted to stay in cabin in the woods as part of our Alaskan experience and searched online and found them and watched the moose video. We made reservations right away to stay here instead of what the tour company had suggested. Within in hour of checking in we got a knock on the door "the moose are here" my dad and I scrambled to get out the door with our cameras and phones. We watched "Misty the moose" and her twins standing in the pond for 40 minutes! Now I am taking my own photos and videos of the moose like I saw from their website. This was very entertaining and made our stay extra special. The caretakers are wonderful people who made sure everything was great during our stay including buying fans for our cabin during the warm weather. I would highly recommend visiting their website and make a reservation you will never forget seeing the moose if they decide to show up! Thank you to A Cabin by the Pond for making this trip extra special for my dad and I.

Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
MelSchmit...
Chugiak, Alaska
“LOVED!!!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

No words can describe how AMAZING this place is. I traveled with my father, mother, and daughter. We stayed two nights in the Gratitude cabin. Upon arrival we were tired an annoyed by our trip aboard the Kenai Fjords tours, but our host Millie was so patient and understanding. She waited up for us until almost 10:00 pm and had movies ready for my daughter (6 years of age) to settle in. The next day we got home from a long day in Homer and there was a gift at the front door for my daughter. Paul and Millie had wrapped hot cocoa up for her.
I work in the medical field so cleanliness was EXTREMELY important to me, and the cabin was above my level of satisfaction. I even watched them clean the cabin next to me and they washed everything and cleaned thoroughly.
The location is GREAT if you want to travel to Homer and Seward. There are several restaurants and stores less than a mile away. If your a Green Bay Packers Fan, you must stop at PJ's for breakfast.
I can not brag enough about the cabins. Just book already and enjoy.
PS.... Millie and Paul deserve a PAY RAISE :)

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
Utah_Frie...
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Fantastic Time and Great Accommodations”
Reviewed September 2, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

We had an excellent stay. The accommodations and service exceeded our expectations. Jim and Cathy Sue (and Jeroma the squirrel) were the perfect hosts. We have made friends for life. We would not hesitate recommending their cabins. If we ever make it back to Soldotna we will return there for sure.

Travelling group: Extended Family
JstLv2Crz
Simi Valley, California
“What a wonderful place to stay In Soldotna”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

I did a lot of reading and question asking on Trip Advisor about our Alaska trip & where to stay. I picked the Soldotna area because of it's location ( could do a day trip to Homer & not to long of a drive from Anchorage ) Well my husband & I "LOVED" Soldotna & really were happy when we arrived at A Cabin By The Pond. Jim & Cat Sue asked if we would call when we were in town so they could greet us when we arrived at their adorable place. Jim greeted us and filled us in on all the info about their place, where to walk and see momma moose & her baby, & how to reach the Kenai River, etc. He showed us to our cabin which was perfect for our stay....so cute ! Very clean & comfy & had a kitchen so we could cook should we choose too. I fixed breakfast both mornings so we could just chill in the morning before heading out for the day. There is a pond in the center of all the cabins that is frequented by moose for their drinks. One came by in the evening as we were told, but we missed him....Darn!
We drove to Homer from Soldotna for the day and it made a nice day trip that wasn't to long and we enjoyed our stops along the way.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Property is close to town, but you are out in the woods and have no idea that town is so close.
Liked least: Nothing
Families with young children Large groups
LucianoII...
Vallejo, California
“True cabin”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Location, cleanliness, helpful staff, relaxing place, price, convenience....all the buzz words
We'll be back

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing