“Amazingly Good”

Firehouse BBQ
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Soldotna
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

I didn't expect much when I walked in to an Alaskan bbq joint but I was really surprised. I had the reindeer sausage and ribs and both were delicious. Ribs were very well smoked. Sides of Cole slaw and beans were very good also. The one thing that could be improved upon is the sauce selection. All of it is too sweet and not hot enough for my taste. Otherwise, a very good experience.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Brisket...
After reading the reviews I ordered the stuffed potato. It is stuffed with butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon and huge amounts of brisket. Delicious, just as expected based on the reviews.

Ribs...
My husband wanted the ribs, I told him they didn’t have very good reviews but he ordered them anyway. The menu said baby back ribs...not, they were spare ribs, not smoked, and not tender, tough was the word my hubby used. He did say the onion rings and potato salad were good.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Most people go to the south for barbecue. I’ve lived in South Carolina and still never found a better place than Firehouse. The owner brought a piece of Texas with him to the peninsula. If you live in Soldotna, you already know about Firehouse. If you’ve just moved to the area or you’re there for fishing, you have got to stop here. It’s can’t miss. Try the loaded potato. It’s tremendous in size and flavor. The owner also supports the area such as the ice rink and Junior NAHL team. Best bbq I’ve ever had.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

Big portions. Brisket fell apart and was perfect without the delicious sauces available. Between us all we had brisket, ribs sausage and chicken, beans, slaw, fried okra, onion rings and mac & cheese. All of this was followed by homemade ice cream. Today's flavors were vanilla, Butterbrickle, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. We had them all and shared. We had two little ones with us and our server graciously brought extra plates, bowls and spoons without being asked. Such a great find. Wish we lived closer.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Interesting Firehouse decor. Had the brisket and was fun sampling the different BBQ sauces available.

Don't bother ordering the Mac and cheese side, but the onion rings are great.

Been to Firehouse BBQ? Share your experiences!