US$122
US$56
US$42
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Staff have to be among the friendliest and most helpful in the world. Nice facilities. Package deals a bit too complicated for me to figure out, but great visit overall.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank bjbabe
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and three young children went to this hotel over the weekend, to get away from Beijing.

The hotel's massive size and odd architecture makes you feel you have arrived in Disney's enchanted castle - if Disney had decided to build it right in the middle of nowhere...

We enjoyed a suite in the Regency part of the hotel. This was one of the best rooms we stayed in, very large but well organized, with bedroom, living room, huge bathroom (jacuzzi tub and separate "rain" shower), two balconies
and a stone spa pool. The bed itself was very comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. Cleanliness
was impeccable.

Food at the hotel is OK, but nothing exceptional. Nothing was bad, but nothing was amazing. You won't be surprised.

Activities are more for adults, with the spa and the nearby golf. For our kids, we tried the playroom, but there was woefully little to do. Nearly no toys and only one or two painting activities. One of the managers informed us this would be expanded soon - so I will wait until then to take my kids back. The pool itself is very nice: large, clean, with two kids pools. One of the nicest pool areas I have been to, and the kids really enjoyed that.

The staff is incredibly attentive. In our short 24 hour stay, we had at least 5 different managers walk up to us to ask if everything was OK and whether they could do anything for us. Sometimes, three times in the same meal (which is a little too much...). This provided us with the opportunity to give feedback.

Overall, a good weekend stay and a welcome change from Beijing. We will definitely return but hope the playroom will have been improved by then. In any case, if you bring along some games, DVDs and an iPad, you should be able to keep the kids busy during a short stay!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Frédéric B
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Overall, the hotel is serviceable except for that fact that you have to pay for almost every activity other than the fitness center and swimming pool. We took our 1.5 year old nephew into the kiddie swimming pool and suddenly, I felt a stabbing pain in my foot. I looked down and prayed that it was just a rock but low and behold, I had a rusty screw jammed into my foot. I pulled it out but thankfully it didn't cut far into the flesh. I then looked into the pool and to my horror, found another rusty screw. I'm just glad it wasn't my nephew or another toddler that stepped on one of the screws. I can't even imagine how horrific that would have been. The staff came over and was of no real help and explained the two screws away as probably coming from some toy a child likely brought into the pool. The concierge said they would have a doctor come in the next 30 minutes to attend to my wound. 35 minutes later, they changed course and said they had a car and would take me to the local hospital instead. Bad idea because it truly was a local hospital. (While in an examination room waiting for the doctor, another doctor came in to get some gauze, dropped it on the floor, paused for a second, picked it up, and took it to the next room.) Suffice it to say, I chose to get the tetanus injection somewhere else which effectively ended our weekend vacation a day and a half early. Nothing was offered by the hotel as compensation on their own accord. Though we left, the rest of our family stayed and went to the pool the next day where they figured out the reason for the 2 screws. The hotel has a regular 'fun activity' called 'fun fishing' where they dump a bunch of magnetic fish (with screws in their bodies) into the kiddie pool so kids can fish them out. It's outrageous that they can be so careless as to use the same pool for this game when they could easily use an inflatable smaller pool for this and that the staff is so lacking in oversight to not even scan the pool afterwards.

The only bright spot is the Glass House Restaurant. Their buffet is delicious and the staff there are very warm and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank PizzaRoll
Reviewed April 24, 2011

My husband and I spent a night at this hotel after an extremely stressful working week. We were looking for a chance to relax without spending a fortune, and this Hyatt provided the perfect chance! It is somewhat in the middle of nowhere between Beijing and Tianjin, but the choice of location is due to the presence of mineral hot springs (which guests can enjoy both indoors and outdoors, in public areas or private suites); anyway the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service between the resort and the Tianjin Railway Station (less than 30 minutes away from Beijing by fast train).

The resort is impressive both outside and inside, with everything you could expect from a Hyatt. It is a few years old but looks and feels brand new, and the staff is extremely helpful with a good proficiency in English. We started the weekend with a round of golf at the nearby course; the hotel provided transportation free of charge (but we were told this was an exception). We returned in time for dinner at the Glass House, one of the restaurants, and tried their abundant yet reasonably priced Easter Buffet; again the staff was extremely courteous and offered us two glasses of red wine free of charge. We then visited the beautifully decorated Balneum Spa, where we had one of the best massages we have ever experienced in China. We wanted to try the outdoor spa too but having decided to visit the resort at the very last minute, we did not have the necessary swimwear (we could have bought it at their shop but preferred not to).

The room was spacious, elegantly decorated, and extremely clean. The water pressure in the shower was wonderfully strong; obviously no tub was provided, or guests would not make use of the spa services. We had a rinvigorating sleep and in the morning took the shuttle bus back to the Tianjin Railway Station. All in all, a perfect stay, especially considering the room rates (around 1000 RMB for a Deluxe King Bed)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adntar
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying here mid november for 3 nights with a colleague. From the minute we walked in the service was impecable. We are 2 aussie girls and virtually all the staff knew us by name. We were treated like royalty in a most sincere manner. While i wouldnt call this hotel over the top opulent, everything about thisplace is very GRAND. It is a massive hotel, but still ambient and warm. The staff are much obliging in every way. Whilst we sat at the bar to have our drink after dinner every night(which brings me to another great comment-back to that later) on one of the evenings the hotel manager introduced herself-now ive stayed in my fair share of 5 star hotels around the globe and that has never happened before! When we went to dinner,the head chef took us around to each part of the seperate buffets and talked us through the incredible selection of global cuisines-each station with 2 chefs to cook fresh for your selection! another first for me! Twin room with single beds was decent in size with a nice country view and priced at ridiculously low prices than im used to-the blue skies came out in tianjin too which was unexpected! during our stay we were also greeted by head of administration and also head of hospitality..manager and all gave us their personal cards and even contacted the shanghai grand hyatt to inform them that we were on our way to them after our tianjin stay! Now two small critisisms that i must share-it was a little far from the city itself(around 1 hour by car) and the other is that there were no in room movies other than some english generic channels. the latter is easy to get over given the absolutely flawless spa that they have in the hotel-its called the balneum spa. it has hot and cold certified japanese springs with enough staff to tend to your every need. we had full body massages one night and a very long facial and massage the following night and at ridiculously low prices! the spa was majestic and like nothing ive ever seen before in all my 5 start travels. i hate being away from my kids but this place was so restful and calming that i forgot where i was!. I would not hesitate for a minute to recommend this hotel,in fact i look forward to my next work trip to tianjin to fit in some much needed rest and papmering during working travel. You must stay here!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business