Hyatt Regency Jing Jin City Resort and Spa
US$137
US$123
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Off Beijing, Hyatt Tianjin is Castle.
Should be sure great weekend resort. But I could stay only for a 1N (its was weekday). Lots of space & amenities for a weekend bash...

View look like a Castle... Inside is also like a castle. Huge front lounge. Lovely rooms. The location itself is bound to noise free. Great place to relax.

Food was nice. BF spread was nice arranged totally in different way to make it feel like very very ig spread.. It was great feel to brek the regular buffet way....

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My best friend and I had enough of Beijing's heat and pollution and picked the Hyatt Jing Jin as a quick weekend getaway in July 2012. It was a fabulous decision and we had a wonderful time. Prior to our arrival I spoke with Ella, of guest services, who helped to arrange our transportation out there and our final accommodations. She was wonderful, as was the rest of the staff including Stella and Elizabeth.

As the car out to Hyatt JJ was quite expensive, we decided to take the train to Tianjin, from where the hotel arranged for one of their cars to pick us up. The train out was 66 RMB for first class (55RMB for second), took 33 minutes and left every 10 mins. The driver picked us up at the exit, with a big sign making it easy for us to find him. The ride took an hour and cost a flat 280RMB.

The hotel is insanely huge and ornate in design. The online pictures just do not do it justice. When we walked in we were warmly welcomed and found that because the club wing wasn't open we had been upgraded to an executive suite for no extra cost. Our room had a dinning area, living room, bedroom, massive double his & hers closet, bathroom and two toilets. Two huge connecting patios we just off the sliding glass doors. The hotel also offered us club room additional benefits for a nominal amount, which we decided to upgrade to.

For R&R, we went to the gym, which was quite spacious, lots of windows and excellent equipment. It looked like it wasn't used that often but they quickly set out lots of towels and bottled water. There were stretch balls, yoga mats, weights, machines, etc. Only downside was that he AC has been off, prior to our arrival so the room was hot. I would advise giving them 30 minutes notice so that they can prep. After that we jumped into the lovely indoor pool. Note, it is not heated but it is in a solarium of sorts so the water wasn't too chilly (can't speak for the winter). The wooden doors leading out to the lounge chairs are all under repair which means that you couldn't use the out door area. However, the steam, sauna and jacuzzis were all nice.

The hot springs were closed but with 24 hours notice they could clean out one of the soaking rooms which we could have access to for 2 hours for 800 +15% RMB. From what I understand they haven't been open for 3 months minimum so we decided to pass on that option, especially with the price being a factor.

While we didn't use the spa, it looked lovely, as did the bowling alley, squash court, huge kids play area, ping pong tables, etc. The outdoor grounds were lovely, with an outdoor ice skating rink that looked like it would have been really fun in the winter. The gardens are equally massive, with huge villas in the back.

A drawback of that the grounds & facilities is that they are so large the hotel just does not seem to have the adequate number of staff or resources to properly take care of them. As a result they have focused their resources on the central parts of the hotel and left the periphery parts of the hotel to decay somewhat. We were walking around these outdoor parts of the hotel and were repeatedly stopped by staff, asked what we were doing, where we were going and strongly discouraged from walking around. I understand their concerns and I didn't see anyone else walking around. This emphasis on concentration of resources on central parts of the hotel meant that the outdoor pool and rock climbing wall was unusable unfortunately. That being said the central facilities were fantastic and their conference space both impressive and enormous.

On our last day there, we had a great breakfast in the Glass House and enjoyed suntanning on our room's HUGE porch with excellent room service mojitos.

All in all a wonderful trip, great service, excellent food, wonderful central facilities. Despite some of the facilities short comings, it never once negatively impacted our trip there. Highly, highly recommend this hotel for a lovely weekend getaway!

Room Tip: Call 24 hrs in advance if you want to use the hot springs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank syg205
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Staff have to be among the friendliest and most helpful in the world. Nice facilities. Package deals a bit too complicated for me to figure out, but great visit overall.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank bjbabe
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and three young children went to this hotel over the weekend, to get away from Beijing.

The hotel's massive size and odd architecture makes you feel you have arrived in Disney's enchanted castle - if Disney had decided to build it right in the middle of nowhere...

We enjoyed a suite in the Regency part of the hotel. This was one of the best rooms we stayed in, very large but well organized, with bedroom, living room, huge bathroom (jacuzzi tub and separate "rain" shower), two balconies
and a stone spa pool. The bed itself was very comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. Cleanliness
was impeccable.

Food at the hotel is OK, but nothing exceptional. Nothing was bad, but nothing was amazing. You won't be surprised.

Activities are more for adults, with the spa and the nearby golf. For our kids, we tried the playroom, but there was woefully little to do. Nearly no toys and only one or two painting activities. One of the managers informed us this would be expanded soon - so I will wait until then to take my kids back. The pool itself is very nice: large, clean, with two kids pools. One of the nicest pool areas I have been to, and the kids really enjoyed that.

The staff is incredibly attentive. In our short 24 hour stay, we had at least 5 different managers walk up to us to ask if everything was OK and whether they could do anything for us. Sometimes, three times in the same meal (which is a little too much...). This provided us with the opportunity to give feedback.

Overall, a good weekend stay and a welcome change from Beijing. We will definitely return but hope the playroom will have been improved by then. In any case, if you bring along some games, DVDs and an iPad, you should be able to keep the kids busy during a short stay!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Frédéric B
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Overall, the hotel is serviceable except for that fact that you have to pay for almost every activity other than the fitness center and swimming pool. We took our 1.5 year old nephew into the kiddie swimming pool and suddenly, I felt a stabbing pain in my foot. I looked down and prayed that it was just a rock but low and behold, I had a rusty screw jammed into my foot. I pulled it out but thankfully it didn't cut far into the flesh. I then looked into the pool and to my horror, found another rusty screw. I'm just glad it wasn't my nephew or another toddler that stepped on one of the screws. I can't even imagine how horrific that would have been. The staff came over and was of no real help and explained the two screws away as probably coming from some toy a child likely brought into the pool. The concierge said they would have a doctor come in the next 30 minutes to attend to my wound. 35 minutes later, they changed course and said they had a car and would take me to the local hospital instead. Bad idea because it truly was a local hospital. (While in an examination room waiting for the doctor, another doctor came in to get some gauze, dropped it on the floor, paused for a second, picked it up, and took it to the next room.) Suffice it to say, I chose to get the tetanus injection somewhere else which effectively ended our weekend vacation a day and a half early. Nothing was offered by the hotel as compensation on their own accord. Though we left, the rest of our family stayed and went to the pool the next day where they figured out the reason for the 2 screws. The hotel has a regular 'fun activity' called 'fun fishing' where they dump a bunch of magnetic fish (with screws in their bodies) into the kiddie pool so kids can fish them out. It's outrageous that they can be so careless as to use the same pool for this game when they could easily use an inflatable smaller pool for this and that the staff is so lacking in oversight to not even scan the pool afterwards.

The only bright spot is the Glass House Restaurant. Their buffet is delicious and the staff there are very warm and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family