Stayed here for a couple of nights at the end of a tour. Reception staff not very friendly and quite sombre as were most of the staff overall. One positive is that we were allocated a private cottage which had a lovely outlook on the grounds and the sea/beach. The room itself was fairly small and a bit shabby as was the bathroom. The breakfast spread was very poor little choice in comparison to other hotels on our tour and food overall looked mediocre. Didn’t eat here for lunch or dinner as there are plenty of bars/restaurants five minutes’ walk away down on Lighthouse Beach and the onsite seafood restaurant was closed. The “private beach” is down the bottom of the property and is fairly pleasant (although you have to negotiate a lot of steep steps) The pool was never crowded during our stay and we took the occasional dip.
The hotel is laid out on a number of floors and stands on a steep hill. Consequently this hotel is not recommended for anyone with mobility issues as there are a lot of steps to negotiate from beach and pool and no lift. Also the walk down to Lighthouse beach is down a steep hill. I would recommend one restaraunt to try which was down on Lighthouse beach...called Fusion. It was always busy (which speaks for itself) and the food was very good.
Overall experience was ok for a couple of nights but would probably not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic holiday resort by the beach, Soma Palmshore has everything you need to take a break from the mundane – to relax, to refresh and to relive every moment.Located at the Kovalam Light House Beach in Kerala, which is popular world-over for its palm fringed beach, the sun, the sand and the surf, Soma Palmshore offers you much more than just a beach vacation. A comfortable stay, a delightful cuisine, the rejuvenating experience of Ayurveda, the soothing effect of Yoga, an experience of the local tradition and culture…and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Soma Palmshore Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soma Palmshore Beach Hotel Kovalam
- Soma Palmshore Beach Resort Kovalam, Kerala