“Kickoff to my Honeymoon -Excellent Stay”

The Leela Kovalam Beach
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Kovalam
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Hello Everyone,

Its been almost 3 months to my travel , but finally I had sorted some of the Photographs and moreover the time to write a review about my stay. Kovalam was my first destination during my honeymoon and I stayed at Leela , Kovalam for couple of days.

I was very excited for leela becasue of its location and I must say that the stay at "The leela" was wonderful. The way we were welcomed and escorted to our room was excellent. They knew about our honeymoon and thus had a cake already placed in the Sitout area.

I was spoilt by too many choices, the room I stayed in was "Beach View Superior Room" , Sea was only few metres away and a lovely garden right in front of our room. Took a Short Nap and headed straight away to the Beach and enjoyed my time there on the beach ...

Although one prefers to switch on the air condition and see through the balcony , I didnt miss a chance of listening to the Vibrant sea hitting on the rocks. Morning 3:00am was the right time to open the doors and sleep right in the lap of nature.

Coming on the Food, had a Dinner and Buffet breakfast there and I must say that the food was excellent (being a Punjabi , One can understand the Kind of taste buds we have).

While Checking out we were given a small gift from them as a token of rememberance.

Overall , an excellent stay, Whatever the age group be, this is a sure shot recommendation , send your parents over here, let them spend some time alone, let leela take care of them.

On several requests from my friends , I went ahead and clicked photographs of the Club Room which may be the requirement for some to compare the room one wants to stay inn.

Leela Team --Thank you for making my stay memorable and I assure you of my parents visit soon to this place.Good memories lasts forever and they will for sure.

Recommendation - Upload more Pics of your rooms so that travellers can go through them and select which room they want to. I conveyed the same to your Floor Manager as well .However I am doing my bit to promote you guys.....

Cheers !!!!

Room Tip: Beach View room is a good one , you will feel as if you are almost on the beach ... Good room with g...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,008)

Reviewed 6 April 2012

This was our last stop on a long and exhausting tour of North and South India and gave us everything we needed...
Our beach view room was amazing, every need thought of and beautifully done, the view from the balcony stunning.
The infinity pool was the perfect place to see the sun set and the private beach beautifully kept, service was amazing in all areas of the hotel. The maid service was exceptional rooms cleaned and replenished twice daily.
The buggy ride back from the beach to the hotel after a hard days R&R was a delight...
The sea was the best we had experienced in kerala, gentle waves rather than the breakers elsewhere, felt like laying in a tepid wave bath and the turquoise water amazingly clear.
The sky bar was again a perfect sunset location and the cocktails were fabulous.
The decor everywhere in the hotel right down to the room corridors was stunning.
We opted for the package including airport transfers and buffet meals which proved to be excellent value. The buffet was amazing, varied at every meal and more choice than you could wish for, we only had 3 days here but there did seem to be so much variety in the buffet food that you could happily eat this way for longer.
Only downside we had a 4am checkout and despite reassurances from the General manager and reception the night before the driver was not ready for us, it wasn't a problem and they did give us breakfast food to take with us but not the smooth exit we had in our lower class Delhi hotel.
This was a great place to end our trip a luxurious jewel in Kovalam and I cannot wait to visit again and make more use of the spa facilities but if you want to see the real India then this may not be the place.
A great start or end to an Indian holiday but in a very commercial way.
make sure you check out the pillow menu!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The hotel is actually built in the late 1960-s but has experienced a number of renovations. The main building is virtually built-in into the rocky cape between two sandy beaches and provides beautiful view over Arabian sea from every room. Territory of the hotel is huge, there is even old castle on it. Hotel operates probably the only private beach in Kovalam area which is a very nice feature for those a bit tired of exotics and looking for some privacy. There is Ayurveda center and Yoga pavilion on site and the appropriate treatments and activities available. For the touch of local ambiance you could take 10 minutes walk or 3 minutes tuk-tuk ride to the Lighthouse Beach nearby where dozens of shops and local restaurants provide their services with no beggars attached. Generally the hotel could be recommended for those more looking for the international standards than for the immersion into the local culture

Room Tip: Club Rooms are recently built, fresh and modern, and overlooks ocean waves splashing over rocks. Reg...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vladimir V
Reviewed 31 March 2012

my family and i have recently returned from 4 night stay at the leela(kempinski).the leela kovalam is among the most beautiful resorts i have seen.brillant location,atmospheric,great view fishermen taking their boats into the water ...the private beach made our stay wonderful,great beach with very good beach service and facilities.we had buggy in call 24/7 rides down to the beach and back.walking distance from the kovalam beach road with many shops and cheaper restaurants and accessible by a short tuk tuk(rishka) ride.the room had a wonderful ocean view and a short easy walk down the hill to the beach.but the shower and the toilet was seperated by a stained shower screen.the basin was strangely situated outside of the bathroom!!!.the housekeeping was really bad you are just a dollar sign to them that make them to do their duty.the staff were polite but not really friendly like other 5 star hotels in india.breakfast not was acceptable for 5 star hotel.they offer a buffet that can be found in any 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hamidrezamonshizadeh
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Went to this amazing resort last year...probably the best by leela.
I just fell in love with the amazing restaurant they have by the beach...and the private beach makes the stay worthwhile.
The spa was so relaxing that I went for it on all the 3 days and sort of got addicted to it.
But i think they could have given us a better package deal as I found it very expensive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is a 5* luxury hotel so it did live up to everything that we expected. The infinity pools were great, the food at breakfast was wonderful, with plenty of choice. The buggy rides down to the beach and back were perfect. There were free activities to do and the views are fantastic.
The only negatives were - we booked a club room and an ordinary room, but the ordinary room was much better, bigger and with a larger balcony. The butler service in the club room unfortunately was not as efficient, we had to ask several times for things. Its not worth the upgrade to a club room.
The staff were polite and efficient, but not really friendly but this could be due to the fact that the staff work long hours for low wages - there was a sign outside the hotel listing their complaints and demands.

Overall its a nice luxury hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hastings20
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed at the Leela for treatments in Dr Shambu's clinic just up the road. Bagged one of The Club rooms with Infinity Pool and own private dining. Staff were wonderful, rooms great...will certainly be going back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple