All reviews lagoon pool beach club bedroom residence kids club tropic surf garden patio yoga and pilates laksa hotel gym soft opening group classes shambhala spa lots of healthy options junior suite stunning resort hotel wing location location
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of our two week trip to Bali. Hotel is situated right above beach with ocean sunset views. Gorgeous.

The staff were so friendly and helpful. The hotel is composed of a few different buildings, all look modern and nice. We stayed in a “Garden Patio Room” in the main building and it was a lovely private room, with a gorgeous private outdoor terrace with a shower (no view totally enclosed). We did not smell mould (other recent reviews say this and we DID not have that experience, only smelled lovely como hotel smells).

Turn down often came with beautiful surprise snacks etc. Very awesome service.

We felt the lobby was beautiful and modern. The gym was a highlight for my husband who loves working out. Best hotel gym ever. Great equipment and options plus There are many classes offered and the 9 am class is complimentary for hotel guests. We enjoyed several complimentary classes (different class every day- yoga, Pilates, abs). We also did a few paid classes which were worthwhile, the Pilates with Ray was just us two and was fabulous. The HIT class with Abi was fun. All this to say great gym and great classes. There are many yoga studios in town as well if you’re a yoga and like to explore.

Breakfast comes with the stay and was great. We only wished they also had the Bali coffee that was served at Como Ubud- that said the other coffees were certainly tasty. Breakfast closes at 1030 am which we noticed was a bit early for some guests and even us when we went to the complimentary fitness class (ends at 10). Certainly we could make break fast after the class and staff were absolutely accommodating but an improvement would be having it open to 11 am.

There are two pools to enjoy, lagoon (very large pool, cots spread out, very relaxing) and como beach club (hip, ocean view, music, gorgeous sunset). We used both depending on the vibe we wanted! Lagoon was more chill for reading and the pool is very large.

Food at como beach club was fantastic... breakfast, snacks and we had one dinner here and it was fabulous!! The food was incredible (I had free range chicken my husband had red snapper). There was live music around sunset daily which was always fun and cool!!! Great to grab a drink and or relax by the sunset!

Certainly take time to wander around Canggu... you can find many other restaurants, spas and yoga places! The hotel food and gym were top notch but if you have a few days there are other great things in town (with good prices, I like a good deal). Tons of healthy options around in this yoga surf town.

I went to Therapy (spa) next door just beside roadway into Como, which was 1/3 price for a message and was great. Our experience at Como is always top notch but I like to find deals too.... so if you like a deal consider this as an option!

We would absolutely recommend this fabulous hotel. We hope to come back and cannot day enough good things about the fabulous staff!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank O2765GWdeborahh
Henry S, General Manager at COMO Uma Canggu, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2018

Dear Deborah,

I greatly enjoyed reading your review and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear you loved our resort in every aspect of your experiences. Your encouraging comments are sincerely appreciated. From your Garden Patio Room, the pools, the gym to the food and entertainment at COMO Beach Club, paired with our remarkable service, we have taken every effort to perfect our guests’ experience. I am glad to see it is paying off.

Let me know when you are ready to return – I am confident it will be another enjoyable and memorable experience.

Reviewed October 13, 2018

Wow what a amazing place to stay, I can’t recommend it enough. I would definitely suggest a lagoon access room, a beautiful deck and you can just jump straight into the beautiful lagoon pool. The room is set up perfectly with a lovely lounge, the most comfortable huge huge bed and a full size fridge in the kitchen. The staff are friendly and very helpful, Jerry at reception was wonderful and always went out of his way to help. The beach club is a beautiful place to sit and have a cocktail take in the view and beautiful sea breeze, the food at the beach club is amazing and fresh. I also have to thank Santi, Dewi, Ulan, Nicho and Al for their great service and making me feel so welcome. I will definitely be back.

Room tip: Lagoon pool access rooms are amazing.
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank appleseed123

Dear appleseed123,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us on property.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your Lagoon Pool Residence, as well as the facilities provided. I also could not agree more that COMO Beach Club is a beautiful place to sit back and relax. From day one, our beach club, the culinary team and the food have been some of our primary selling points. I am glad you found all to your liking.

Additionally, I am also humbled by your comments regarding our team. They are just a few of the many that I am proud to work with. I will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to them directly.

On behalf of our team, I am looking forward to welcoming you back for another memorable holiday at COMO Uma Canggu.

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

This our fourth time to Bali but first time staying at the Como. We loved the spacious room, incredible food, impeccable service, kids club, and surfing classes for the entire family. We’ve been traveling Asia for many years and this was a relaxing and easy vacation that didn’t disappoint in any way!! The kids loved the kids club and mom and dad enjoyed relaxing. The restaurants nearby were great as well. Thank you Como!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthiass844

Dear Cynthiass844,

Warm greetings from the sunny Canggu.

I greatly enjoyed reading your review and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our team, we thank you for the acknowledgment of our passion for our guests and their experiences at COMO Uma Canggu.

Again, many thanks for the kind remarks and on behalf of our entire team, I look forward to welcoming you back to the COMO Uma Canggu very soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2018

I am surprised there have not been other reviews saying the rooms smelt damp and mouldy. I had been told by a friend not to say there for that reason, but I thought I would still try. We left after 1 night as we could not stand the smell. We asked for another room that did not smell, but we were told all rooms smell like this.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank bravo70

Dear bravo70,

On behalf of our entire team, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with candid feedback following your visit to COMO Uma Canggu.

I apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Your constructive remarks are an amazing tool for us to continue achieving excellence. Please allow us to give you a true COMO experience on your next visit and do contact me directly when you wish to return so that I may personally look after your visit.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Como Uma Canggu is a beautiful resort situated right on the beach. Walk from the Beach Club's fabulous pool to the beach for a swim or a surf. The grounds are tropical, and the lagoon pool is massive. There was always a place to sit and enjoy the pools, kick back with a drink and just relax in the beautiful sea breezes. The sunsets from this hotel have to be seen to be believed. I stayed in a very basic 'hotel' room with no view to speak of. The room itself is quite disappointing given the calibre of the overall resort. Best you don't spend any time in the room, because there are lovely grounds to explore and beautiful pools to cool off in. The staff was wonderful and went way beyond to ensure you felt welcomed and well looked after. The hotel is in a less hectic corner of Canggu but close enough to restaurants and bars either by walking along the beach or taking a short taxi ride.

Room tip: hotel rooms are very comfortable but basic. If your budget stretches, the rooms on or overlooking the lagoon pool are lovely.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank MelbourneRod1960

Dear MelbourneRod1960,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us on property.

I am greatly pleased to know you enjoyed our resort. From the beautiful tropical grounds to our attentive and wonderful staff, I could not be more pleased to read each remark from your stay.

However, I also regret your room did not meet your expectations and can assure you have an outstanding experience in your next visit to our resort. Speaking about rooms with beautiful views, I would recommend our COMO Penthouses which offer the dramatic views of Indian Ocean.

On behalf of our entire team, I greatly look forward to your return. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist in making your return even more memorable.