All reviews highly recommend it to everyone short walk to the beach laundry service outdoor bathroom drinking water guesthouse scooter bali ruko cafes
Reviewed April 6, 2015

How lucky we were to come across this accommodation on Tripadviser.1st time to Bali and we had a 1st class host .Everything we set out to do on this trip we did with Wayans expert advice (he even gave me a lesson on how to ride the scooters ).. Our room with outside shower was comfortable and cleaned everyday . it was always a pleasure to come back to our room every evening to find the air conditioner on and a night light burning.. We stayed for 7 nights ,and look forward to visiting Wayan and his family again one day..

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank margwatts
Reviewed March 7, 2015

I recently spent 8 nights at Wayan's Guesthouse. Not my first trip to Bali but I specifically wanted to stay here after missing out in the past and reading the great reviews on TA.
Prompt, clear and precise communications from Wayan when I made the booking.
Airport pick up and transfer was slick and easy.
As you will read from the numerous reviews, Wayan and his family are wonderful hosts - I can certainly confirm that from my recent stay.
The rooms are cute and perfectly appointed with everything you need for a very comfortable stay!
So very clean and tidy - the level of cleanliness is top shelf.
The location is perfect...walking distance down to Berawa beach, Canggu is 7 mins away on the scooter and Seninyak would be around 12-15 mins on the bike! Ideal.
Wayan is the go-to guy for everything you need to know...he arranged a rental scooter for me and also transport up to Ubud for the day.
I have no problem recommending Wayan's guesthouse and I return to stay the next time I visit Bali.
Thanks Wayan - Keep up the great work!

Stephen (New Zealand)

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank toosdh
Reviewed February 13, 2015

I don't know where to start! My partner and I booked at Wayan's after reading great reviews and because we wanted to be away from the hustle and bustle of the nearby tourist hot spots. It was a great decision.

The guesthouse is located in Wayan's family compound- there are only four rooms making it peaceful and quiet. The rooms are lovely, immaculately clean, simple and traditional style with a beautiful outdoor bathroom- the air conditioning is amazing- so refreshing.The garden is lush and green and it was so nice to sit out on the veranda and look out onto it.

The beach is almost in view as soon as you walk out of the laneway where the guesthouse is located. It's super close. Berewa beach is fun to swim at (I'm a confident swimmer) and bob around as well as watching some excellent surfing! It's a great place to be at sunset with a lot of locals and ex-pats coming down to swim/surf/dog walk and socialise! You can also walk to Seminyak (to the left) in 20 minutes or alternatively across to other Canggu beaches including Echo Beach. On some days we paid a few dollars to swim in the Legon Keraton pool- it is nice and refreshing and you can sit on the banana lounge and look out onto the beach, especially if it was too hot to be on the beach or the surf was too rough.

There are plenty of local eateries around (it's not hard to stumble across hidden gems). We ate breakfast at a new cafe (I can't remember the name) most mornings- it is next to the Rojo cafe- it opened in December 2014 and serves great coffee (a must for someone from Melbourne!!) and yummy healthy food, the staff are also very kind. The best of course is Betlenut Cafe.. words can't explain it's greatness. Jump on a scooter (you can borrow from Wayan) and head over- only a few minutes through the rice paddies!

Last but not least- the place would not be so great if it wasn't Wayan himself. He is so helpful, informative, laid back and a genuinely funny and friendly guy. It was great to meet his immediate and extended family and he truly made our experience feel like home. We were sad to leave.. and may be planning a trip back in the very near future!!

:) Thanks Wayan!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnieDarb
Reviewed February 3, 2015

Wayan's Guesthouse is a great place to stay! It is very close to Berawa beach and walking distance to some nice cafes and restaurants. We stayed for 22 days. Wayan himself and his wife are great hosts and made us feel very comfortable, like home. Their garden is beautiful and they work hard so their guests get the best possible service.

The room was spacious enough, the bed was comfortable, the AC was good as well as the semi-open bathroom, we enjoyed a lot. They clean every day, change sheets and towels. There are plenty of international channels on the cable TV, including Fox Sports and some movie channels. Wayan's Internet connection is good as he has a fiber in-house. It would drop when it rains, but was like that in most places in Bali. We needed a reliable internet connection to work and Wayan's one was reliable for us!

Canggu is lovely place to stay. It is 6 - 7 km. from Seminyak, so one still could enjoy the nightlife, by taking a taxi. It takes up 10 - 20 minutes during the evenings.

I understand why people leave very positive reviews. I feel that it would not be fair, one to leave a negative review. Although Wayan's Guesthouse is not a hotel, but just a small, lovely guesthouse, it is a great place and we've been treated very well, probably much better than many 3 or 4 hotels, we've booked. We'd love to go back there.

Room Tip: All rooms in the guesthouse are great. If one wants to get the bigger room with 2 separate beds, just needs to know that it does not have a terrace. All others do, the terrace is very good and faces the garden.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dimitar A
Reviewed November 14, 2014

I booked Wayan's based on all the positive reviews and had no regrets. Wayan and his family are lovely and very accommodating. Rooms are very clean and comfortable and it is so quiet but very close to the beach. Wayan was very helpful and can organize transport etc. would not hesitate to go back.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple