Open today: 12:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Review Highlights
Worth every freakin’ cent

pafelogib
Brisbane, Australia
via mobile
Amazing tracking with a local guide

Natalia H
Nha Trang, Vietnam

1,604 results
All reviews graceful hotel day trek local house home stay local women local lunch hmong women one night private trek two days rice paddies great trek great guide buy something easy route spoke excellent english cultural experience
Reviewed yesterday

Our guide was very friendly and keen to cause a fine time for us. She told us a lot about nature and culture of the region!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Me and my partner did this guided tour and it was absolutely spectacular. Everything was so smooth and beautiful. Sapa Sisters were extremely helpful and our guide mao was so kind and hilarious. We got to witness the amazing views and explore the area with someone so knowledgeable and fantastic. Learning about the culture and chatting to mao was one of our favourite parts. Having a private guide wasn’t something we needed to have but it worked out great. You got to go at your own pace and stop when you wanted. There were not many tourists along the routes we went. At the homestays both nights, there were a few more guides and other tourists. It was so great to meet everyone and chat. This tour in Sapa goes into the list of top 10 experiences in my life. Highly recommend. It’s also great to feel like your money and tourism is really really helping the local community.

Reviewed 2 days ago

I think it was one of the most amazing trecks in my life. 6 hour of totally breathtaking landscape with very nice and informative guide Ms. Chi. She was very friendly and answered all our questions and always was giving some local tips.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Sapa Sisters made visiting and treking in Sapa so simple and convenient. With transportation coordination to and from Sapa via the night train and shuttle from Lao Cai, luggage storage, showers, and food- Sapa Sisters has the logistics down.
Our two day trek with traditional home overnight was amazing. Pi, our guide, did a great job taking us on a challenging trek that limited our interaction with other tourists and allowed us to see both local villages and the natural beauty of the Muong Hoa Valley.
The traditional Hmong home (not a homestay) was rustic but a once in a lifetime experience. The Hmong family were wonderful hosts who cooked us dinner and breakfast over an open fire. They were engaging and so welcoming. We loved seeing a glimpse into their daily life. While there was no indoor plumbing if you are used to rustic camping you will have no problem with a traditional home.
I’d recommend the following things for a successful trek:
- don’t purchase handi crafts from children as it encourages them to skip school to make money
- give small tokens of appreciate like crayons or small toys to children
- let the Hmong women who will follow you on the trail know if you do not plan to purchase items from them
- bring a gift for your host family
-bring sunscreen, bug spray, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper
-be prepared to tip your host family and guide
I’d book again with Sapa Sister’s in a heart beat. They are community minded and do a lot to empower Hmong women in the area.

Reviewed 3 days ago

Did a 3 days/2nights trek. My guide Pay was amazing, good english and very knowledgeable. I opted for the "hard" option and we did two days with 18km of walking, that was great.

1  Thank ElieTrip
Reviewed 3 days ago

We had a wonderful 2 day 1 night trekking experience. Sapa Sisters was recommended by my sister and brother-in-law, who went on a trek with them ~3 years ago, and they did not disappoint. Lan, our guide, was excellent, knowledgeable and fun. Our homestay family was lovely and the food there was probably the best we had while in SE Asia. Our trek was quite muddy (it had rained the few days before) but we had no rain during our few days out and the views were stunning. Lan encouraged us to rent rubber boots before we started (2$ a pair), and we are very glad we did! Everyone in the office was friendly as well, and we certainly appreciated the option to take a shower before and after trekking. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 5 days ago

If you could choose - I'd have Little Mu in a heartbeat again! She was our guide and is kind, warm, funny, knowledgeable and chilled! She was able to explain many things about the area, history, culture, villages and to be honest - I asked loads of questions! She always had an answer :)

She also was practical and accommodating to our needs daily - we completed a fun (yet harder than expected due to mud/rain/wet season!) 3 day, 2 night trek! Thank you Mu!

The service of Sapa Sisters were prompt and professional - but not much of a connection.

1  Thank DianaSas
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Unless you are feeling extremely rich, they are charging way outrageously expensive. Agree with one of the post mentioned earlier by Jacob De Schryver, overpriced overrated. We have paid 5 times more from market rate, possibly what you could have gotten from a local guide which includes a night homestay, 2 days trekking and meals; 1 breakfast, 2 lunches and 1 dinner. I wanted to change my 2D1N trek to 1D trek, my tour guide didn't allow and won't do a refund. Her true colors revealed when I asked if i could shortened the trek (she earns less). Tourist trap, in short.

Think twice for the money spent to trek. You should be paying approximate US$25 for a local homestay with the same view trekking. Btw, trekking in Sapa is free.

1  Thank jodyraelow
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

I had such a wonderful time on this trek. My guide Pay was fabulous. Pay was knowledgeable, friendly and good fun! We walked to Zao’s House on day one and stayed for 2 nights which is such a beautiful place. On the middle day we did a trek in the mountains which meant we were away from the crowds. Lunch at Pay’s cousins place was a highlight. The trek was easily organised via the Internet and they also arranged my train ticket from Sapa and transfer from Lao Cai. In addition there’s brekky and a shower available at their office when you arrive in the early morning. Thank you Sapa Sister’s for an unforgettable experience!

Reviewed 6 days ago

My guide was Chi and she really made the trip and experience a really pleasant and lovely one. Her english was fluent and she was always readily to explain and answer queries. We stayed at her mother-in-law's house and really got to experience the locals' life first-hand. All in all, i really love sapa and the experience along with it was truly magical. And its great to know that sapa sisters have made the guides' lives better by giving back to them!