“AMAZING!!!!!”

Sapa Sisters Trekking Adventures
Ranked #5 of 76 Outdoor Activities in Sapa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sapa Sisters is a website that connects expats, backpackers and travellers with local Hmong in the Sapa-area. It aims to establish a direct link between guides and people that are about to visit Sapa to empower the young Black H'Mong women and give them a reasonable pay for their skilled services. All the guides speak English and have long experiences working as guides. Sapa Sisters, a social enterprise owned by local guides!
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I am SO glad I booked with Sapa Sisters instead of all of the hundreds of other Sapa Trekking options. Right from the beginning they were helpful in organising the train, a ride from the train station to their offices, etc. They've thought of everything and make your experience so enjoyable. Gom was my guide and she was absolutely lovely - I had a great 2 days with her and thoroughly enjoyed the trek learning about Gom and her village and everything about the area. I was lucky enough to stay at the new Sapa Sisters Homestay house which is brand new and AMAZING. The view was the best view of anywhere you could stay and the house is like a brand new hotel! Had a lovely dinner and evening with all the women and the others doing their treks. Would highly recommend you go with Sapa Sisters over anyone else! Well worth it - would gladly go again!

Date of experience: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,956)
All reviews
in 41 reviews
"other travelers"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This was definitely one of the highlights our my trip! Our tour guide was named Sy and she was super sweet, knowledgeable, witty, helpful, smart, funny, and just really taught my boyfriend and I so much about the land and the culture of the Black Hmong. We could t have had a better guide.

The trek was beautiful and the other lady who helped us along was sweet too. The views were great! And if the fog does come in it does take away a lot of the scenery. It was very slippery!! And I had hiking boots on! The homestay we stayed at was very clean, cozy, and the host made enough delicious food for even more! Also she made us drink shots of her home brewed “happy water!” :D she was super sweet and everyone just lovely! I’ll never forget my trip and everything I learned.

Highly recommend!!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018

We really enjoyed three day two night trekking experience with Sapa Sisters. We had an excellent guide, Pen, whose English language skills were very good. She was very informative in during our trek, helping us learn about Sapa and Vietnam's history and geography. Meals and snacks were great. Accommodation was fine but travellers should bring their own sleeping bag liners as sheets are not always available.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Our Sapa Sisters trek was awesome. Mo, our guide, was great. She spoke English, explained things to us about her culture and her people and the people of the Sapa area and other towns nearby. She showed us the methods of dying and weaving clothing. She bought us some hard boiled eggs and sugarcane too. During the trek the scenery was beautiful and we got many great pictures. We had elected to have lunch with a local family, which turned out to be Mo's parents. They cooked a delicious lunch in their farmstead and they shared with us rice wine as well. They were delightful and the experience felt really authentic and was very interesting. Highly recommended!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 3, 2018

My husband, 12 year old daughter and I just did a 2 night 3 day trek in Sapa with Sapa Sisters. Our guide was Lan. We honestly could not have been happier. It was our first time to Sapa and didn't really know what to expect. We noticed some people trekking on our own, and yes, you could save money that way, but I think you'd miss out on the best parts of the experience. What we really loved was getting to know Lan and talking with her throughout the trek. She was also able to tailor our trek to our desires and take us on hikes we preferred. Our favorite moments of the trek were when Lan took us off the beaten path, away from all the other trekkers and tourists and we were hiking along tiny trails all by ourselves with her. We would have never been able to have such an amazing experience without her. The homestays were also super comfortable - great food, hot showers, wifi access, and friendly hosts. We absolutely loved our time in Sapa.