“Helpfull staff”

Sapa Tourist Information Center
Ranked #23 of 27 things to do in Sapa
More attraction details
Owner description: We are proud to be the first point of contact for all tourists when they visit Sapa, offering them quality and comprehensive service from our professional staff and volunteers. Our facility in Sapa is conveniently located in the centre of Sapa, we have also ones near Lao Cai Station and in Bac Ha. Our friendly staff are able to assist with a wide range of tourist questions about Sapa - Lao Cai and the surrounding areas: Lai Chau, Dien Bien, Son La, Ha Giang, Cao Bang... We provide travelers with a wide variety of information so that they are able to make an informed and suitable decision themselves, help them to design their holiday or make their business choice at the right price, the right destination with the right activities. Plan your trip: Please visit one of our Tourist Information Center (TIC) so that we can assist you to gather all the information to plan and prepare your trip: - Free tourist information - Free tour and travel advice and assistance - Air, train, bus booking services - Motorbikes and bikes for rent - Maps and guidebooks - Free brochures - Free internet - Currency Exchange - Coffee and cake space - Local art gallery
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The staff are working here very nice and helpfull! you can get all information you need for your trip.

Date of experience: April 2018
"trek"
in 5 reviews
"fansipan"

Reviewed November 23, 2017

Small facility but has a good representation of the tour, guides and local sights with brochures and limited maps. Seems to be more of a booking outlet trying to sell the various services though.

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

The Sapa Tourist Information Centre seems and is legit. They do give some information when you ask for it and are quite kind, helpful.
However, they are very...laid back, in the Vietnamese kind of way.
1) The woman at the center knew I was staying in Ta Van village but didn’t bother mentioning that I would have to pay 75,000 VND to wnter the valley where the village is. You’d expect that from a Tourist Information.
2) I decided to hike to the village and asked how will I recognize one turn which was clear on a map but that doesn’t mean clarity in reality in Vietnam She said “there will be people, just ask” Didn’t bother mentioning that most of the people will not speak any English
3) You can swim at the Love Waterfall - even according to the staff there. But this lady told me it isn’t possible.
4) And to top it all of, she sold me a bus ticket back to Hanoi. But didn’t book it at the company!!! At the bus company they told me this happens often, so I’d highly recommend booking your bus ticket directly at the Sapa Bus Station (I can’t remember the bus company’s name, they have yellow buses though if that helps). The bus station is very near the city center, so it isn’t a problem to even walk there :)
Fortunately, I was traveling alone so the bus driver found me a space (on the floor, but that’s normal here) and I got to Hanoi as I wanted to. Otherwise, I’d have to wait till who knows when because the buses are fully booked on weekends.

To sum up, it’s better to ask at your accommodation than at this center. They’ll give you very basic information (which you can read online), nothing more.

The coffee is good.

2  Thank Kim H
Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

We decided we needed to get some information however the first issue was we had no idea where the office was. Questioned locals. Looked for signs. Two tourists asked us where it was! Finally stumbled across it. Rather brusque individual offered to sell us a map. No information available through pamphlets etc. I gather he was there to books tours. Left disappointed in service and resource.

1  Thank zardoz07