“Cheap and not bad”

Al Tarboosh Restaurant
Ranked #140 of 253 Restaurants in Fujairah
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

The food is not bad at all , and the prices are really reasonable, plus you can get daily dish. They also offer delivery to your home or office.

1  Thank Bashir_Baba

Reviewed March 8, 2017

from outside it looks nice, but the service is very bad, too long wait, not really clean. The service speaks only a languege that is not arabic and not english, very difficult to ask for food. Then very expensive for the quantity and the quality of food. There are so many better place in town. never again

1  Thank GiusyConcina
Reviewed November 10, 2016 via mobile

Whenever I have visitors or guests, I prefer to go to Tarboosh. Good ambience and good food at reasonable rate. Only negative point is staff don't speak good English.

Reviewed March 18, 2016

If you less budget and you want to eat reasonable and good food, I may recommend you to go to Al Tarboosh restaurant. It delivers food with syrian flavor. they have every day a special type of food.

Reviewed November 21, 2015

We returned to this restaurant having had a great meal and service- I would have given it four or five stars. chicken and rice- great humus and tuboullah. The second time it was like Fawlty towers. We ordered two meals- my husbands came we waited a bit- asked where mine was- and told it was coming. Suggested husband ate before I did. He finished the meal- I munched on humus- still no food for me ( and there were only two other tables occupied! ) the waitress then explained the wrong food had been made- chicken instead of fish. It finally arrived when we had about decided to leave. I took one bite- it was truly inedible and totally salty ( i had not ordered salt fish- which i have in the middle east- it was much more salty) So we immediately asked for the bill and told the waitress the food was too salty and could not eat it. ( about 2 minutes after it arrived and after waiting about 30 minutes for it! She came with the bill - and then asked us if we wanted it wrapped for take away! Clearly not having understood that we were complaining- did not seem to think it was strange that the whole meal was untouched! Went to desk to pay- and complained and asked for manager- the staff just kept repeating too salty- looking at each other etc like a comedy sketch. I then said food was bad- making it clear- ( husband by now embarrassed!) they then proceeded to take full amount of food! Not even an apology. Man at door- who spoke reasonable English seemed concerned we were not happy- but said welcome back soon!
We do go back regularly for the take away Schwarma - but would advise not to eat there unless you adopt tip below
TIP- if meal is bad or problem- complain immediately - do NOT pay- be careful not to be too British! Communication is a problem- language issues in English- so straight away. I saw a Lebanese friend one- ( I was embarrassed) call the waiter over demand he took it away immediately- look of disdain on her face- rude and aggressive in Arabic. they certainly jumped and produced a better meal and were bowing and scraping!) TAKE YOUR ARABIC PHRASE BOOK!
TIp 2- take a cardigan and warm clothes the AC is freezing. I kept nipping out side to warm up!