See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 13, 2016

Travelling with a 2 years old, husband and my in laws. The hotel gave the biggest room to my in laws and left us in the smallest one. Very old hotel. They stopped in the 90`s. Doesn't worth the value they charge just to be in front of the sea. One lady that works at front desk should think again about working in hospitality area: So horrible and mood! They have no ability to handle small requests as well. Everything is a big deal there. I really regret my choice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room far away from the pool. So noise. Rooms with a view are a bit better.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2015

We stayed here for a week in September. The location cannot be beat. It is across the street from Praia do Forte, and smack in the center of the boardwalk. The rate included breakfast and lunch, so that was nice when we didn't want to spend extra money and just had the buffet at the hotel. The food itself was average.

Apart from the location, the hotel is pretty run down and could definitely use upgrades. The walls are paper thin, and our last night we were up until 4am listening to a karaoke night at a bar a block away. There was mold in our bathroom, which grossed me out every time I had to use it, and the pillows were very flat.

If location is the most important thing, stay here. If you're looking for a high quality place to stay, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy F
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The hotel is right in front of a really beautiful beach - Praia do Forte. My option was the room with a view of the beach, really awesome, however really noisy even during the nights, so if you have problems sleeping, I would not recommend. Our room was had 1 queen size bed and 2 single beds, TV and a mini fridge - reasonable size. Breakfast was simple but good with fruits, breads and all. We had lunch included, which was good considering that it was winter and during week days and not all restaurants were open. Lunch was average. There is a swimming pool in the back, no sun in the afternoons during this period. There is sauna, a spa and a couple of gym equipments also in average conditions. Service is very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Christiane F
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for a little over 2 weeks, and I was VERY disappointed, the beds are horrible the sheets are ridiculous, the towels has hole on them.
I stayed there to visit my family, I wish I had rented a cellphone, when my family called me and left message for me with the front desk, they would never give me the message, the hotel lobby is dirty, the rooms are poorly clean the shower never gets clean, it had mold growing in it, the only good thing in this hotel is the location nothing else, the bed is really bad, really really bad!
The sauna is bad really bad, old and dirty, the gym is a JOKE it's just a bunch of broken, rusty old machines.
The couple that work in the massage in the back by the pool is the best thing this Hotel has.
The reservation department is very helpful and accommodating. The people in the restaurant are very helpful and nice too.
I would NOT stay in this hotel again ever, the hotel itself needs a lot of work! At least the basic stuff like, new towels that does not has hole and smell like chlorine, and bed sheets that does not feel like sand paper and matters that does not feel like a bouncy trampoline.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank Babinyc
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and i came to cabo frio for a relaxing few mid week days on vacation. We selected the Malibu Palace hotel based on its closeness to the beach and the enthusiastic "muito linda" recommendation of some locals... Well, those locals must've been pad off--or high on crack--because the place is a dump. It may have been great 20 years ago but nowadays its run down, falling apart and a 2 star at best by american standards.

Theres no denying that the location is great, literally across the street from the beach, but the price we paid is not worth it on location alone. The room smelt, the moldy bathroom was flooded and came equipped with a PUTRID 30 year old shower mat (shaped like a cute fish), the queen bed was two singles pushed together with a noticeable crack down the middle, and oh yeah: I killed over 25 ants in the sheets.

The service was garbage. My wife is a native brazilian and still got no courtesy from them whatsoever. I've honestly never been so annoyed by a stay at a hotel. Stay away unless location is all that matters to you... Did I mention we were staying in a "superior room"?

• Stayed: March 2013