US$56
US$63
US$56
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeach frontthe water's edgebit datedshopping centrelawnstrollsunrisedesk
Reviewed May 9, 2015

I had a studio room for one night while travelling. Its a bit dated but spotlessly clean and was only charged $130 for the night. I slept with the door open all night and listened to the sea. Awesome. Beautiful neck of the woods, and being Auckland I really was expecting a very expensive hotel night rather than one of the cheaper I have found in recent times.

The lady who was acting manager for the weekend was just so helpful! She even helped me remove my trailer from the vehicle and push it back into a corner of the lawn out of the way.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank PamBick
Reviewed April 1, 2015

we rented the motel that fronted the beach. It was excellent and we had a lovely time there. It had all the facilities required for a family. The Internet however was very limited in its use. And only one device could be used at one time.the rooms were tastefully decorated.

Room Tip: In front of the beach
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2015

Went to orewa first week in March,was only planning to stay one night ended up staying 3 nights, stayed in apartment no2 more than enough room for the four of us, could sleep 9 people if need be,place was clean and tidy,young lady at reception was very helpful and accomadated us each day we decided to stay longer,even gave us tips on where to eat,and sight see,the location is so beautiful,if you are lucky enough to get a beach front apartment(book early)you would wake up every morning looking at great view, definitely stay again,thank you for a lovely stay,Will and Joyce Augustus and Ian and Chris Williams

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2015

We started our 4 week NZ tour at this motel, friendly and helpful reception when we checked in, We had a beach front unit with lovely views. It is close to the shops just a 10 minute walk down the beach. The room was a good size the bed was comfortable and the place was clean. The wifi was OK. I would give it 4 stars except that it needs some updating. We had people to each side of us and above but didn't get any noise disturbance.
It took us an hour and a quarter to drive from Auckland International airport during the evening rush, would be quicker other times of days. We visited Tiritiri Matangi Island from here by ferry from Gulf Harbour which was about a 25 minute straightforward drive away.

Room Tip: Beachfront best
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane47uk
Reviewed February 17, 2015

I Booked the beach front beach house for myself and 4 friends. The website said 2 bedrooms: 1 bedroom with 1 x queen bed and 2 singles and 1 bedroom with 1 x Queen bed. It also said there was a pull out sofa bed in the lounge. This was the perfect set up my friends and I as it had 5 separate beds and we were 5 single people. This was advised in the comments section on the website when I booked the room.
When we arrived at the motel and checked into our room we noticed there was no sofa bed in the lounge. There was a couch tucked away at the back of the kitchen that looked like it could turn into a sofa bed but when you removed the cushions it was just a nailed down board. I went to the office to ask about this and to see if they had a rollaway bed they could give us if there was no sofa bed. The lady was very short and said "no there wasn't" and "the sofa bed hasn't been working for sometime and you would have been told that at the time of booking". I wasn't told at the time of booking otherwise I would never have booked it. The only suggestion from the lady in the office was for someone to sleep on the couch, no discounted rate or anything. We didn't pay $84 each $420 total per night for someone to sleep on the couch. We were not happy! If the room no longer has a sofa bed then take that detail off your website, otherwise its just false advertising!

The house in general was clean but smelt very musty like it hadn't been aired for a long time. Great location right on the beach but the false information on the website and staff attitude let it down completely. Very disappointing.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends