In my opinion, this is the best, most centrally located place to stay in Kosrae. I ended up staying 3 weeks (instead of 2) because I was having so much fun.
DIVING: I can't imagine a more spectacular place to dive. I went 8 times and each dive was like a National Geographic documentary. The nice thing about the Nautilus is they have dive boats docked in the 3 different marinas, so if conditions aren't perfect on one side of the island the other side is available. Their boats and equipment are well maintained and I trust them (which is very important when using rented equipment). I saw hundreds of different kinds of fish, turtles, eagle and sting rays, and on the day I didn't go they saw a hammerhead shark. The dive masters were very helpful, knowledgeable and kind.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Very clean, quiet and comfortable. There is a pool (the only one on island) which was great to swim in and relax by plus you can also snorkel and swim from the beach in front of the hotel. They arranged 3 different tours for me that were outstanding. The tours included an outrigger canoe trip through the Utwa mangroves, a hike to the Menke Ruins in Utwa, and the Lelu Ruins/Museum. Each guide was knowledgeable and accommodating. I went on 2 different sunset cruises in both Lelu and Okat harbors. In the Lelu harbor, there were dozens of turtles popping up and fish skipping over the water. Pretty amazing and beautiful. Paddle boards and kayaks are also available for rent and should not be missed! Internet is free in the lobby but be aware ALL internet on the island is slow. Phone/internet cards from Telecom are available for purchase but end up being unreliable and expensive ($5 for 32MB). Kosrae is a good place to unplug and unwind.
RESTAURANT: Hands down the best Fish and Chips I've ever had. I think I ate it almost every day. They also have a big garden in the back so salads were fresh and organic. Staff was great! Doug and Sally (the owners) are just wonderful people.
KOSRAE: The island is very small and relaxed. This is not Hawaii. There are no shopping centers. It's really a remote, third-world location where the people are friendly, diving is amazing, you'll feel safe and life is very slow and relaxed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eighteen air-conditioned guest rooms and a restaurant, plus outside dining by the swimming pool. Full service NAUI dive shop, purpose built dive boats. Island tours arranged. The ideal location for business and pleasure travelers. Free airport transfers, and rental cars arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Kosrae Nautilus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kosrae Nautilus Hotel Kosrae
- Kosrae Nautilus Resort South Pacific