“A Dream Vacation to the remote Island of Kosrae”

Kosrae Nautilus Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kosrae
Reviewed 29 November 2015

Scuba Diving was Fabulous on the Paradise Island of Kosrae. We lived on the island of Kosrae 6 years ago and knew which resort we wanted to stay at. Doug and Sally and the entire staff at the Nautilus Resort were wonderful hosts.They picked us up at the airport and provided us lodging at the Nautilus Resort, their own on premises restaurant, a rental car for the week, and a perfect scuba diving experience.
Their restaurant offered three meals a day with a wide variety of both island selections and traditional American Food. Their banana pancakes using local bananas was to die for.

Doug personally taught us our initial scuba diving lessons in the deep end of their beautiful swimming pool before we ventured out for our first dive. He was very patient and concerned that we were perfectly comfortable with each step of the instruction process before moving on to the next. He took a dozens of pictures and three videos of us at a depth of 30 feet. He went with us on the dive and was never more than 10-20 feet away.

Free Wifi is available at the Nautilus as well. All the staff was warm and friendly, truly it was like Paradise. The grounds were immaculately kept. Beautiful island flowers with the yellow hibiscus were in full bloom.

On the island you can fish in the ocean, hike to the local falls, boat down the mangrove, swim, scuba or kayak right from their resort.

Room Tip: Kosrae's temperature is 75-85F degrees year round. The outdoor pool is perfect.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gordon F
There are newer reviews for Kosrae Nautilus Resort

Reviewed 19 November 2015

I didn't stay here, but I did eat at their restaurant. The food service was a bit slow (as is typical in Micronesia), but it was totally worth the wait. Our food was delicious and the portions were plentiful.

My group had the sashimi plate (big portions and the fish tasted super fresh), the chicken wrap (loved the use of local veggies inside), and the tuna burger with fresh breadfruit fries. All of it was super tasty. And the crepe for dessert was the perfect ending.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank kurisuteina
Reviewed 21 September 2015

Kosrae is beautiful and the Kosrae Nautilus resort is a great place to stay. The owners and staff are friendly and very accommodating. The pool is great is a nice place to relax especially after a day of diving. The food in the restaurant was great too. It's quiet and peaceful. I love this place. If you go, be sure to try the tangerines. Kosrae grows the best tangerines in the world!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Etienne355
Reviewed 18 September 2015

I haven't been there in five years but I was wonderful. The people are very friendly and atmosphere the best. Laid back with great diving. You can adventure on your own as well. I should have written this review before now. The people give you a ride anywhere. It is a small island. When I was there , there was a German couple raising giant clams. Very interesting as well.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank drew0911
Reviewed 18 September 2015

When we first arrived I was surprised to see that we were going to be in a room where cars drive right up but it did not make bit of difference as it was quiet and dark for sleep when necessary. Our dive was incredible with lots of good sharks and beautiful manta rays-we were well taken care of. The food was quick and everyone was more than pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lovinlondonLondon
Reviewed 26 August 2015

I recently spent a full week at the Nautilus. The amenities met all my needs and the food was great. My biggest complement to Nautilus is to their amazing staff, I was on a first name basis with them all by the time I left. All staff members went out of their way to help me however I needed. I appreciate Nautilus being my home when I was so far away from my home.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Alyson W
Reviewed 13 August 2015

The owners, Doug and Sally, are wonderful. Their staff is just as great, they're willing to do whatever they can to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. The restaurant has some delicious food as well, definitely try the fish burger with breadfruit chips!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Tim A

Been to Kosrae Nautilus Resort? Share your experiences!