All reviews bunk room sourdough pancakes family style seating road house garden cabin record player bakery items hotcakes reindeer chili half order fun place to stay breakfast casserole shared bathroom three rooms rustic charm fellow travelers common room
Reviewed August 21, 2011

wonderfull hospitality and food ... thanks to all the people there

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My husband and I drove into town with no reservations. I checked Trip Advisor on my Droid and after reading the reviews we stopped at the Talkeetna Roadhouse. What a find! We were able to get the last room available, which was the Little Cabin in the back. I am not a shared-bathroom sort of person, but in this case it was fine and I would return to the Roadhouse first chance I get. The Roadhouse is so homey and comfortable, staff is friendly and helpful, and the smells coming from the kitchen are wonderful! Homestyle breakfast, sitting with so many very interesting people was a highlight of the trip. Food was delicious and portions huge! (go for the half order).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed at the Roadhouse last week. It gets 5 stars for an authentic historic Alaskan experience. Great atmosphere, and you could imagine this area about 80 years ago from staying here. The room was very good value although a bit small and dark. I hate shared bathrooms, but the bathroom was clean, if a little funky. Time to change the shower curtain. The best part was the food in this Inn. Fantastic! Huge portions, suitable for the young climbers and hikers, many of whom were passing through.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelwise7
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We spent a night at the roadhouse in the Little Cabin. We loved the quaintness of the cabin and the roadhouse (all but the slightly musty smell in the main building, and the dilapidated shared baths). But we chose the roadhouse for its character and it did not disappoint! Also at something like $130 it was a bargain compared to our other Alaska lodgings. The Little Cabin was rustic -- in a good way! -- and we appreciated the Northern Exposure DVDs that were available. If you have kids and choose the Little Cabin, be warned that the loft has no railings so you wouldn't want to put small kids up there. Also my son got stung by a wasp in the middle of the night up in the loft ... I'm sure it was just a bad coincidence but it made for an interesting middle-of-the-night experience: bed rearrangements and first aid! Thank heavens it was light all night so we could go back & forth to the main building for water, washrags, etc.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank myfamilystravelagent
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Its an old, but reasonably refirbished 'Alaskan Roadhouse. Rooms are small and basic and bathrooms are shared. If you want a feel for what it might have been 80 years ago, you should stay here. Right Downtown, convenient to everything. Breakfast is good and portions are plentiful. Staff somewhat 'disjointed'..be patient.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo