Meandering Moose Lodging(Talkeetna)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$125
US$249
US$199
Chinook Wind Cabins(Talkeetna)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$135
US$95
Cache Cabins(Talkeetna)
US$124
All reviewsbunk roomsourdough pancakesfamily style seatingroad housegarden cabinrecord playerbakery itemshotcakesbreakfast casserolehalf ordershared bathroomthree roomsrustic charmfun placecommon roomrooms are smallbathrooms were clean
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

What a fantastic place to stop in for a meal or coffee.

I had the most delicious quiche I have ever had.

Wonderful welcoming space. You feel like you are walking into someone's homes.

The staff is very friendly.

We will be back tomorrow for breakfast.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2016

The weather was not ideal for our winter weekend visit but the Roadhouse provided a comfortable warm place to stay, a great main building to hide out in when it rained with a fire and puzzles and games, a fantastic restaurant, and extremely helpful staff that were willing to drive us or do anything for us when asked. We would stay again in a heartbeat and plan to be back in the Summer.

The Old School Apartment was a great choice for us as we loved the pink school house, it was great to have a well-stocked kitchen for snacks and drinks, it has its own bathroom, and the three beds made it easy for our smaller party or a family. It is about a block away from the main building which is a plus for privacy but still close enough for a quick trip any time of day. It is upstairs so if stairs are an issue then stay in a cabin or main house.

Lodging included tickets to the museum and the staff was so informative we just stayed and chatted for about an hour. Everything in town is within walking distance including the more adventurous activities such as zipline, flightseeing, ATV, boat trips, hiking, etc. but it is also a charming town for being lazy, shopping, and eating at the ridiculous number of good restaurants in a town this size.

These are not luxurious surroundings but they are extremely clean, comfortable, a bit quirky with great character and provides a great base for operations to explore the wilds and wonders of Alaska.

Room Tip: Loved the Historical Society/School House - large, comfortable, and the private bathroom was a plus.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the old school house, museum. Cozy, clean, roomy and private. Easy walking distance to everything. An apartments above the museum well appointed without glamour or pretension. I hope to come back.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2016

This is a true roadhouse in all meanings of the word. The hospitality is beyond compare; as an example of thoughtfulness, they even have hair dryers in one public bathroom that includes a shower. Guests can get coffee and tea at all hours, including when the roadhouse is closed (you get a key to the building). We stayed above the museum, in a one-bedroom unit that includes a lovely bathroom and views in all directions. The restaurant has a bakery with one of the best pies I've ever eaten (the food here was among the best we had on our trip), communal tables, and an overflow room with jigsaw puzzles and free wi-fi. Everyone we met was incredibly helpful and friendly. People from a big, chilly (and I mean that in human terms) city will be blown away—you'll feel like you just fell into paradise.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2016

We (me, my son and his girlfriend) stayed in a room above the Roadhouse restaurant with a shared bathroom. Having never been to Alaska before and only seeing Roadhouses in the movies, I was picturing pretty dark and probably dingy. The price was great so I was just hoping it was clean. We were only staying one night to go flight seeing so I figured we could tough it out. Boy I was wrong. This place is so quaint and clean The whole town was way cleaner than I thought it would be. I had been told Talkeetna was a "hippy" town by some people I knew that had visited. So I was expecting alot of tye dye lol. The room was clean as was the shared bathroom. The food for breakfast was delicious. I felt like it was a great deal for the price and was glad I took the risk of not knowing what I was getting into. Would hesitate to do it again. Was also able to do a much needed load of laundry that evening. Free coffee and tea for the guests

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family