“Helmet diving ”

Aqua Safari Helmet Dive
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

Just had my first helmet dive in Bora Bora, weather great sea clear. Lots of fish well looked after by the staff. Perfect way to get up close to the fish for someone who can't dive (bad ears). Only regret was the time passed too quickly. Thanks for a great experience Aqua Safari.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"walk around"
"take pictures"
in 5 reviews
"the french polynesian islands"
"underwater pictures"
"our honeymoon"
"ladder"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed March 9, 2017

Saw this on a TV programme and it was a must do for us. It did not disappoint. The staff were friendly helpful and efficient. The whole experience will stay with us for ever. The decent onto the sea bed was easy. A guide rope help to keep you steady in the gentle current. Had numerous fish eating from my hand. A wonderful trip and well organised. We had our own waterproof camera and it gave us lasting memories.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

Ok - this is the crazyest thing I have ever done in my whole life. Putting on a helmet and stepping 4 meters down - under water - walking on the seabed and feeding fishes and a stingray!

A fantastic experience. Do not be scared - it is far from being dangerous and you will have a life lasting memory and a smile on your face when you think back ...

Wov!!!

Reviewed January 9, 2017

This was the highlight of our trip. The aqua safari was expensive but so worth the money. It is a little scary when they lower the helmet onto your head but once you are under the water the amazing view will make you forget everything else.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 11, 2016

My husband and I did this our second day in Bora Bora. For non-divers, this is a great way to get a diving experience. The best way that I can describe this is with one word: AWESOME. I absolutely recommend it. Wear a swimsuit and a rash guard if you have one (it gets a little cold when you’re under water for a long time), a hat for the boat, snorkeling gear, a towel, and sunscreen.

We were picked up by the company and taken to their dock, where we loaded into a boat. We we road out to the dive place and another boat came to meet us. I think this was a longer tour run by the same company. That boat’s group went down first, and we had the opportunity to swim/snorkel around while they were under water. I was a little nervous about doing this, and I’m glad the other group went first because when they came out I got to hear how awesome of an experience this was for them - it made *me* excited to do it too!

When you go under the team puts a mesh bag with bread in it around your neck to attract fish. Then you start down the ladder into the water, and while you walk down the lower the helmet onto you and hold it until you are completely under water. The area under water is roped in and you can hold the ropes and walk around, dance, etc. The helmet is pretty foul-proof, and the company has someone scuba diving with you to make sure everything is copacetic and to take pictures which you can purchase.

The guides were really really nice, they gave us instructions on what would happen and told us what fish we would see. This is absolutely such an amazing and unique experience, I am so glad I did it!

1  Thank leta n