1,419 results
All reviewsprivate islandhurricane barmain islandoverwater bungalowour honeymoonfishcoral gardenslocal marketfrench polynesiasmall marketromantic dinnergrocery storebreakfast and dinnersnorkel gearmacaroonsboat shuttleinfinity pool
Reviewed October 8, 2017

While our trip did not begin well once I met with the General Manager all issues were quickly resolved in the best of ways and we were able to relax and enjoy this tropical paradise. The staff was all very friendly and the Marara and Private Island staff went above and beyond to make sure we had all our needs met. If you go, and you have ANY issues ask to speak to Anne Roure the GM, she is a first rate manager and a wonderful person.

Room Tip: Any over the water bungalow is sure to please
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
H0564GM, Directeur général at Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Ia Orana and thank you for sharing your Magnifique experience at Sofitel Bora Bora! We were very delighted to host you and we look forward to welcome you back again !

Reviewed September 28, 2017

Very nice hotel, was just a pity that the weather was bad that week.
Hotel has a great breakfast and the staff was very accomodating.
Rooms were very nice with many amenities.
Nothing lacking and if there was sun it would have been amazing.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
H0564GM, Directeur général at Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

We were very delighted to host you and we look forward to welcome you back again with a better weather of course....

Reviewed September 25, 2017

the food offered at the bar was good, pricey for drinks but good choice of food.
bar has happy hours for cocktails which is popular.
location of the pool was right next to the bar and it appeared very cramped loungers right ontop of each other.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
H0564GM, Directeur général at Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Ia Orana and thank you for sharing your experience at Sofitel Bora Bora!
We were very delighted to host you and we look forward to welcome you back again ! Maururu !

Reviewed September 9, 2017

The first mistake of this hotel was on the boat ride from the airport. For whatever reason, the guests staying at the private beach resort were dropped off first. They were created with coconut drinks, and a singing person. I got very excited about the greeting since I love coconuts. When we got to our hotel, there wasn't any coconuts. We were greeted with cold towels and a nice singer. I do not understand why they would show you the nice coconuts the other guests were getting. We were given juice and sat down to do the check in.

Walking to our room I couldn't help but to notice empty plastic bottles sitting on the lagoon. On our walk there was rusted chairs on the closed part of the restaurant. The most disappointing part was walking into the overwater bungaló. We got the closest bungaló to the shore and the water displayed a fallen piece of brick from one of the columns holding up the bungaló, and a can of juice. This hotel lacks esthetics. The bungalows were old looking and the whole hotel seemed tired and ready for some serious rehab.

I guess this hotel is on the affordable side when compared to other hotels in bora bora. It includes a lot of freebies such a as beers and snacks in the room, free sugar and alcohol drinks and a little appetizer at cocktail hour, free breakfast, and a free show 3 times per week.

I gave this hotel a rating of 3 because of the staff. The staff was fantastic. They were very friendly and always greeted you with a smile. They went above and beyond with customer service. Luckily, I selected the unrestricted rate and was able to check out the next day. Another reason to give them a higher rating. I would have been miserable if we were forced to stay. Also, as previously stated, the hotel gives you a lot of goodies that cost a lot of money at other hotels.

I guess I was just disappointed at this hotel. I stayed at the Sofitel in Macau before and it was fantastic. The whole property was impeccable and luxurious all around. I was expecting the same at this Sofitel but was it didn't live up to expectations.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank xileon
H0564GM, Directeur général at Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Ia Orana and thank you for sharing your experience at Sofitel Bora Bora! Please, be sure that we will take your feedback in consideration in order to improve our guests experience. We were very delighted to host you. Thanks again to have choosing us for your stay in Bora Bora.

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

I am staying here at this moment with my husband on our honeymoon. We have been here for a couple of hours and all i want to do is to go to another hotel. The music at the restaurant is annoying, the service is slow and the food is not good at all. The airconditioner does not work and the room has spider webs with spiders everywhere. This is NOT what i expected when i booked this hotel. I thought it was going to be as good as the one in Moorea. I thought The Sofitel hotels all had the same standards, guess i was wrong.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Ia Orana,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us after your stay at Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort.

We are sorry that service and delivery have not lived up to your expectations, and we ask you to accept our most sincere apologies.
Sofitel Hotels & Resorts hotels are keen to offer you the best quality of service for your stays; therefore, your opinion is very valuable.

Please be assured that the necessary measures will be implemented to improve the quality of the services mentioned. Again, thank you for your comments and hope to regain your confidence in a future stay.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Mauruuru !