We spent 3 unforgettable nights at Hilton Bora Bora. The island, the Tiffany blue / transparent waters (& fish/life in them) are beyond beautiful.
Hilton is on a lovely island opposite the main island and away from the famous lagoon strip (with all the hotels on). This for us was an advantage, the water is just as amazing, and rather than looking at other hotels, our view was of the open ocean. We were in overwater villa 308. The villas in the 308 area are pretty private and have the benefit of; almost all day sun, good depth water, plus great bits of coral off the deck, so loads of fish / sealife.
The location, the facilities, the service, the villa (size & quality) were superb. The natural beauty of the location is breathtaking and Hilton have made the most of this; with sun loungers, hammocks, infinity pool, day beds etc.
The highlights for us were;
1. being able to jump off our deck snorkeling with so many friendly sea creatures
2. hiring a (tiny) 6hp boat for 8 hours (la plage, book via the hotel) and visiting the famous lagoon/hotels and the coral garden. Taking ourselves around the island and swimming with so many fish (see photo) was exceptional
3. The resort felt almost empty (it was low season). Like many resorts it is definitely tourists / 'couples retreat' territory, rather than an authentic local experience. As more independent/non resort people, we personally loved the feeling it wasn't full when we were there and that there was a mix of accents / guests from a variety of locations.
Not a negative, but something to be prepared for;
- Reinforcing many reviews everything is expensive once you get there; we had breakfast & dinner included which was perfect. Drinks are New York/London prices, the exception was bottles of champagne, which were at least 3 or 4 times more expensive. You could save by buying at duty free on your way over, or from the shops on Bora Bora island.
- The only charge we thought inappropriate was the charge for the Hilton boat to/from the mainland, this was for all/any trips off the hotel island. Apparently this charge for all transfers, anytime of day, is a new thing.
- there are 3 restaurants for dinner; we loved the food and this worked well for our 3 nights, if we'd stayed longer we would have wanted to go off the island to eat on Bora Bora
- Three nights felt one night too short, we wanted to spend time at the resort so only took 1 day trip (boat hire), we would have loved at least one more night, to take a second trip, and/or eat on the main island.
Overall we were blown away by Bora Bora and the Hilton, would 100% recommend it, and hope very much to go back.
On another note, we spent hours online looking at where to go, and where to stay (Moorea & Bora Bora) we then found Custom Tahiti Travel, Jackie, was superb helping us book this hotel and some of the travel. Excellent, speedy, knowledgeable service and added value (e.g. late check out - fantastic!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bora Bora... It's possibly the most glamorously famous island in the world. Bora Bora's legends, mysteries and romance lend an almost mystical dimension to its very name. The island rises up from the middle of the crystalline, multi-colored waters of its celebrated lagoon which is protected in turn from the ocean by a string of tiny coral islets. Suspended between turquoise waters and limitless skies, Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa nestles in a sacred cove of white sand and majestic lava rock. Here you will find a sensitive blend of authenticity and luxury - the very best of Polynesian tradition combined with sumptuous comfort. A wifi connection is available for free all across the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Conrad Bora Bora Nui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Hotel Bora Bora
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort And Spa
- Hilton Bora Nui Hotel
- Hilton Bora Nui Resort