“Beautiful But........” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Beautiful But........”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Just spent 6 days at this beautiful resort. The overwater villas are amazing. The people are very very friendly and accommodating. The only negative and to me this a big one is the food. There are only 3 restaurantants. The quality, choices, preperation and presentation was far below average. I would not return to this resort because of the food and food alone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank dmantee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Firestone, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

My husband and I stayed 5 nights at the Bora Bora Hilton Hotel for our honeymoon. We took our trip in Nov 2011. We already made plans to go back for our 10 year anniversary :) The snorkeling was unbelieveable. The fish were friendly and I would recommend to go swimming with the sharks.

We stayed in the overwayer King Desluxe Bungalow right next to the Royal Overwater Villa. It was a magical time.

due to Hilton H Honors we had free internet but it was still very slow. The breakfast buffet was delicious

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank giuliana c
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is an amazing hotel that made our holiday something we'll never forget.
The location of the hotel, overwater villas and facilities and rooms at the Hilton were excellent. The staff and level of service were also outstanding, including the airport transfer and check-in process.
We'd love to go back and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering Bora Bora as a holiday destination.

Room Tip: Anything overwater
1 Thank Greg J
Mission Viejo, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Where do I begin ??? This resort was amazing..... from the overwater villas, the amazing friendly staff, the wonderful food at the restaurants, to the amazing water and abundant fish, I could go on forever.
We booked our trip thru Costco and could not be happier. We stayed in Over water villa #207 and it was perfect. Close enough to walk to the restaurants and reception area, but still very quiet and peaceful. Snorkling was amazing right under our room, tons of clear water and fish. Never very crowded at all when we were there (early March) and the weather was perfect, only rained a couple of times while we were there and only for a few minutes each day.
All the staff was so friendly and helpful. Especially loved Paloma, a bartender at the bar near the pool. She could have not been any sweeter or helpful !!
Prices are high for the drinks but had more than enough to eat with the breakfast and dinner plan we got with our travel package. Ate at all three of the restaurants and could have not been any happier with the variety and selection. Cannot even imagine eating lunch with all the selections that were available with the breakfast !!
Went to Hilton's private motu for lunch (arranged thru the activity desk) and it was so beautuful. Only 5 of us on the whole island, snorkeling was amazing and so private. Lunch was also yummy, definitely recomend it.
We went for our 30th wedding anniversary and trust me, we are not waiting another 30 years to return !! Cannot wait to get back ....

Room Tip: Loved OWB #207, not too far of a walk and great snorkeling.
5 Thank Strandslover59
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Bora Bora is not the easiest place to get to for someone in Australia, but i guarantee you'll relax when you get there.
We stayed here for our honeymoon and they gave us a free room upgrade, bottle of champagne, bottle of water and some chocolates, which more than made up for the painfully slow check in (around 20 mins).
the deluxe overwater bungalow was more than adequate size, with a separate sitting room, huge bathroom, and lovely big balcony.
Ou room was about 400-500metres from the pool and restaurant area but it was a nice walk, and they will happily come and pick you up in a golf cart if you can't be bothered walking.
As with their Moorea resort, the snorkeling, Kayak and paddle boards are free to use.
the only disappointments were that there is not a lot too see under the water - the coral and the fish are better in Moorea, and they clearly don't clean the ladder from the bungalow into the water, ours was covered in algae.
the food was pretty good, and there are 3 options to choose from for dinner plus room service.

3 Thank andcil_11
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon last night. This was the final leg of our trip to French Polynesia.

We stayed in an overwater bungalow (OWB). Number 337. I requested 110, 111, or 338 so the fact that they got us so close was pretty good. If you are heading here however, I would not recommend this hut or any near it for the fact that it is a long walk to the main pool area, restaurant, gym, etc. Instead I'd recommend looking at the 100 range, or the 200 range. The upside to the unit we had was that it was very isolated and had a direct view to the horizon for awesome sunsets. If you want more privacy, but don't mind the walk, then this unit might be for you.

Another mention is the water depth here. Originally, I had wanted deeper water because I enjoy snorkeling and was hoping to get better fish in deeper water. There is such good snorkeling anywhere at this resort that you don't really need to select your unit based on which snorkeling is best. I actually snorkeled from the main beach on most days and the deep water was not a great idea because my wife wasn't comfortable with the depth. She would have preferred shallower water (4-5 feet). I should have consulted her first, and men, make sure you check with your wives before you choose a deep water bungalow. Most of the OWB's here have deeper water, although there are some with shallow water close to the shore. The 100 ranges closest to shore seem to have shallower water, but honestly, I think most have deep water at this resort. If you are looking for that classic Bora Bora overwater bungalow experience, this resort may not be for you. You might try the St. Regis or one of the other resorts on Motu Ome. But don't let the deep water deter you, this is still a very good resort.

Make sure to bring bug spray, both for mosquitoes and sand fleas (no-seeums). We got eaten alive, but it is no worse than any other tropical locale.

Also, check the rainy season. I did this, but did not pay enough attention to detail. The rainy season is from November to April, so we got there at the tail end. We still had a decent amount of sunshine in spite of this, but if you want guaranteed sunshine go in May through October. It is a bit cooler those months from what I understand, 70's, but less rain, probably less humidity too.

Drinks are ridiculously expensive. Prices ranged from 1200 CFP to 2000 CFP at the resort ($14-23 USD). Go into Vaitape and buy your drinks from the grocery store to avoid buying hotel drinks. Take the shuttle to Vaitape (7$ during the day 14$ at dinnertime). Go through the WAN jewelry store and go left. You need to get past all the pearl shops and touristy crap, then you will see the grocery store on your right.

Buy the meal plan, you'll save money. We had breakfast and dinner included, but lunch was still expensive and there really is no way around it. You will get hungry if you try to skip lunch. You could take food from the breakfast buffet, which we did, but it doesn't make for a very good lunch. If you can get all meals included, you can probably save money. Although, I didn't see a lunch option (we booked through Costco). The main restaurant is in the sand and open. The food was pretty good (not great though). I did not particularly enjoy the sand because it meant mosquitoes and sand fleas had easier access to my angles and calves. The other two restaurants there are Iriatai and Upa Upa. Iriatai is French cuisine, Upa Upa is Polynesian. We did not get to eat at Upa Upa as they were booked. I did not enjoy the food at Iriatai. Call ahead for reservations for either of these restaurants as they fill up fast. Also, these are not in the sand so our calves and angles were spared.

There is a pool table and a ping pong table. The gym was not fantastic. There were some weights missing and the swiss ball was flat, but maybe that will change by the time you get there. We did not use the spa services. There is an amazing view from the gym area though.

They say water from the tap is not drinkable. We did not test this, but I recommend buying a few bottles of water then just fill them up at the gym cooler. It will save you from the ridiculous $9 USD per bottle.

Also, the housekeepers accidentally swooped up my ipod in some towels they picked up, but when I called the front desk it was promptly returned. I don't think this was an attempt at theft, but an honest mistake. They could have gotten away with my ipod but didn't and I credit them for that. Still, I'd lock as much stuff in your safe as possible, better safe than sorry.

Other items of note. Standup paddle boards (SUP) are free to guests as are kayaks and hobie cats (some kind of sailboat). I wasn't in the water for this, but saw an eagle ray swimming by once, it was pretty cool.

One other thing. We stayed in Tahiti one night of this trip. I'd recommend skipping Tahiti entirely if what you're dreaming of is the exotic tropical vacation. It seems to rain a bit more on Tahiti, and there doesn't seem to be much sandy white beach. I'd avoid it, and just come straight to one of the other islands.

There really isn't nightlife here, so don't expect to party every night. It was quiet, but you're here for your honeymoon. Some people brought their kids, and I'm not sure why. I suggest you leave them at home. This is a place for couples, romance, not children...

Room Tip: If you read the above, this is just a copy of what I wrote up there, no need to reread. We staye...
10 Thank garek007
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Everything about this resort is amazing. We were met at the airport by the Hilton boat for our transfer. Nice way to meet fellow guests. The reception area is open and over the water so you can see all the activity going on! The over the water villas are definitely worth the money - very private and large. The bathroom is to die for & we fell in love with the rain shower. The water in the lagoon is pristine. I dropped my glasses and one of the workers from the pool came over with his snorkel gear and dove right down to get them. He was a life saver! Breakfast buffet was good and more than enough food to choose from. We took some fruit back to the room to have later in the day. The Tahitian dinner show was very good and the food wasn't too bad either. We loved the little extras like donut holes at the pool in the afternoon and the fruit in the morning.
Definitely a place to return to!

2 Thank mainenanax5