Oh where do I begin to describe this magical place…. From the mesmerizing glistening lagoons and the wonderfully painted sea life .. to the lush tropical valleys , night skies filled with glittering stars, the hospitality of the Tahitians or the delicious tropical fruits… Bora Bora is truly heaven on earth and to make your heaven better a stay with Hilton Nui will do! We were in French Polynesia for 20 days 10 of which we spent at Hilton Bora Bora Nui. You can only access the resort by a boat so make sure you contact them beforehand. Upon arrival we were greeted by tropical juices and towels. We had to wait a couple of hours for our room to be ready. The reception area itself is on the lagoon so you can enjoy tropical fishes swim by while waiting. One of the staff members gave us an entire tour of the property. Since we wanted to experience both, we stayed 3 days on Lagoon View Suite and the rest on the Overwater Villa. They both are identical from inside but the overwater villa is definitely a must!!!
1. Welcome amenities were EVIAN water , tropical fruits and Tahitian desserts.
2.Rooms are spotless and very spacious. The bed is extremely comfortable. The restroom is as large as the room itself and all marbled floors. There is a refrigerator in the room so stock up on snacks and drinks. You can find the small grocery store on the mainland. Internet in the rooms also works great we used it to Skype and call back home. Definitely worth paying for. They deliver two water bottles every day to your room and of course you can feed the fishes from your coffee table !
3.Breakfast was pretty good at iratai restaurant. They had grilled fish , rice, made to order eggs, variety of pastries and fruits ( The best pineapples!) , fresh juices and cheeses. The menu pretty much stayed the same throughout our stay. We always sat by the side of the restaurant overlooking the bungalows and the lagoon. The manger of the restaurant, Stephane Amy, was extremely nice. I asked him if there are any mangoes in Bora Bora and he delivered 9 huge delicious mangoes to our bungalow at night. How Sweet! Restaurants at the property are just okay ..we usually took the speed boat to the mainland and dined there. Most of the restaurants will complimentary pick you up from the dock. We also had lunch at the St. Regis and Sofitel once. Just a note ..the food is extremely expensive just about anywhere.
4.Spa is a must …one of the best I have been to. One thing I would recommend would be the walk up to the chapel and watch the sunrise. It is absolutely breathtaking.
5.Also sign up for the hobby cat ride and the snorkeling near the reception. You can do that with the beach boys Tepoe and Upa Upa. Both were very nice, funny and friendly.
6.Snorkeling is pretty much the same everywhere. Other activities you can do on the property are jet skiing, kayak, swim with manta rays and sharks(a must do! but can also be done in Moorea for half the price) , scuba etc. The pool was a little moldy so we didn’t swim there much. We also went on a little adventure and kayaked to one of the neighboring island and encountered some Dobermans and a man holding a sickle. He said something in French and while we were about to run he stopped us and gave us some coconuts…very very nice people but obviously I wouldn’t recommend trespassing :)
Remember Hilton Nui doesn’t have a view of Mt. Otemanu from the bungalows . However, it didn’t bother us. We enjoyed the infinite horizon views. You basically have the entire island to yourself...so relax anywhere. You cannot go wrong with Hilton Nui… it’s totally worth staying. This was truly a vacation of a lifetime and we will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bora Bora... It's possibly the most glamorously famous island in the world. Bora Bora's legends, mysteries and romance lend an almost mystical dimension to its very name. The island rises up from the middle of the crystalline, multi-colored waters of its celebrated lagoon which is protected in turn from the ocean by a string of tiny coral islets. Suspended between turquoise waters and limitless skies, Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa nestles in a sacred cove of white sand and majestic lava rock. Here you will find a sensitive blend of authenticity and luxury - the very best of Polynesian tradition combined with sumptuous comfort. A wifi connection is available for free all across the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Conrad Bora Bora Nui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Hotel Bora Bora
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort And Spa
- Hilton Bora Nui Hotel
- Hilton Bora Nui Resort