2,844 results
All reviews coral nursery main island overwater bungalow fish our honeymoon leading hotels of the world premium owb miki miki french polynesia poolside restaurant the activities desk coffee table polynesian buffet outdoor shower bug spray boat shuttle ping pong
Reviewed March 12, 2015

We stayed in the resort for 5 nights and wished for another 5. We had an over water bungalow with a lagoon view. We never tired of looking at the mountains across the lagoon and at the beautiful blue water. The ability to be able to walk out our patio doors and down the steps into the water was fantastic. We also really enjoyed snorkeling at the tiny coral reef under our bungalow - saw many varieties of fish. Also, food was fantastic and staff very friendly and helpful. We would recommend to anyone and hope to return some day.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Shane B
Reviewed March 11, 2015

Everything at this resort is amazing. We stayed in an overwater bungalow that had a view of Otamanu (number 32). It was beautiful, comfortable. The water is clear. We snorkeled every day, several times a day. I loved not having sand in my shoes or suit as we didn't have to go to the beach to get into the ocean. The breakfast buffet is great and you could make sandwhiches (PB and J, lunchmeat) for later. The food is expensive in Bora Bora, but if you stick to local products it is more affordable. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this resort to anyone and everyone!!!

Room Tip: the overwater bungalows are a must in Bora Bora if you have any interest in swimming, snorkeling. The further out the dock, the better the view, but more expensive.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed March 8, 2015

This was my sixth trip to Tahiti and my best!! I stayed in overwater bungalow 16 and the view was fantastic. The bed was extremely comfortable and especially great for people with back issues. The room was very clean . If there was a negative, it would be the lack of fish in the lagoon in my opinion. Not a lot of coral by the resort.
The Polynesian people at the resort were exceptionally friendly and polite and seemed to go out of their way to make one feel welcome. My last stay at Bora Bora Lagoon resort was probably the most unfriendly place I've stayed , so it was very refreshing to feel welcomed at Pearl Beach Resort. I would surely stay here again! A special shout out to Vaite Tinorua who exemplified the warmth, love and hospitality of the Tahitian people!
Thank you for making my holiday a terrific one

Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank Russ P
Reviewed March 6, 2015

My husband and I stayed at the Pearl for 5 nights in Feb. as the final stop in our 19 day French Polynesian vacation. We chose the Pearl because we had previously stayed at the Pearl in Moorea 3 years ago had a fabulous time.

Accommodations: we had over-water bungalow #2 and the view of Mt. Otemanu was gorgeous. The room was spacious enough but there really wasn't much to view through the windows into the water. There was a man-made coral feature directly below but not many fish. We had brought snacks, wine, beer, soda from the main island but the mini fridge is completely filled with their over-priced items. Fortunately, we brought a couple soft coolers which we filled with ice to keep our beverages cold. Free wifi in upstairs bar after 5 pm.

Food: Very nice breakfast buffet, many choices. Staff is extremely attentive and kind. On 3 days, we ate a large breakfast then had a late lunch (before 4pm) at the Miki Miki restaurant near the pool. Sandwiches, salads, pizza, etc. then just had drinks and snacks later. Never had dinner at the main restaurant - on Mondays, your only option is to pay $75/person for a polynesian buffet and show. Prior to the Pearl, we had stayed on the main island and loved going to Bloody Mary's Restaurant. So for dinner on 2 nights, we made a reservation in the lobby to take the free boat taxi at 6:15 to the main island, catch the free Bloody Mary's shuttle to the restaurant, have an excellent dinner and get the 9:00 shuttle back to the boat dock to the hotel. (highly recommend)

Activities: They had mini golf, tennis, kayaks, paddleboards, snorkeling. I will commend the resort on their creation of a coral garden in the center of the OWBs. We are divers and snorkelers and although it was too shallow for our liking, there was a plethora of fish species and decent new coral life. We did not dive but did take a snorkel trip booked directly with the dive shop on premises. Plenty of other excursions offered at the activities desk in the lobby. The beach is very nice and the water has a very sandy bottom for a long way out. I wouldn't bother going to Viatape....not much to see or do. I would recommend something that we did while on the main island if you could arrange it - we rented a scooter from Avis for about $60 and rode around the island twice in opposite directions, took some nice pics, had lunch at Bloody Mary's, got to see more of Bora Bora.

To sum it up, we enjoyed our time at the Bora Bora Pearl, however preferred our stay on the main island more. Also, not as good as the Moorea Pearl.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Susan5008
Reviewed March 6, 2015

We stayed here for three days it is a lovely place and we did enjoy our stay. but the breakfast was disappointing burnt scrambled eggs limited choice on fruit just lost for words to describe, we have had better breakfast in cheaper places, the service at the desk was ok but when we wanted to book a day trip to see the sharks and stingrays, they let you know by confirming later on the day as they need more people to go, they forget to tell us that our daytrip was confirmed, they let us know last minuite which for us was 9.15 in the morning and we were not up and had not had our disappointing breakfast so we declined as it was not confirmed at the time of booking, we were disappointed but we were not going to rush as the boat was waiting for us.The front desk phoned us back and said that we would have to pay but I explained that it was not confirmed then she was Ok. As we were not going on the day trip we went taxi boat from the resort and then had a taxi which cost $30dollars to the village of Vitape to see what was there it was an experience and the people were nice, we made a booking at the resort for Bloody Marys Restaurant before leaving and asked them to pick us up from Vitapar taxi rank as the shuttle is free and they take you back to the boat and this was excellent service.. In Vaitaper they are very money oriantated everything is over priced the pearl shops are nice but I think that you can get the same pearls in New Zealand for half the price. The food shop is expensive we bought 3 bottle of wine and a few other thing and it was £80.00 in total!!! In the resort they have an ice machine which we use to fill the sink to store the white wine to keep it chilled.Take some duty free with you from the airport.

Room Tip: Over the water bunglows
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sandra l
SylvainDelanchy, Directeur général at Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on trip advisor and specially for the positive one...

I'm very surprised that you didn't get the scrumble eggs you ask for as we deliver the eggs at the cooking station right in front of you. If the eggs were overcooked it would have been so easy to ask for another exactly cooked the way you want, with no extra charge. Food cooking is so personal...

You are right, fruit choice can be limited from time to time and we bemoan that fact. But it's common to the whole french polynesia. However we are still able to provide papaya, water melon, pineapple, melon, apple and orange all year round, mango is available seasonaly (this is sometimes hard to make our guests understand) as well as banana. Coconut is available at the pool house everyday and free of charge.

All the excursions are outsourced in Bora Bora (in every resort). The suppliers (not the resort) are using quota numbers (in order not to loose money) and to charge the resort when the guests cancel at the last moment.
That is why we need to get the supplier confirmation and the guest confirmation before to guarantee an excursion. You probably experienced a misunderstanding with the front desk, and I do apologize for that.

Thank you again to share your comment and to give me the opportunity to better inform the readers.
We hope to see you again and to better serve you in the future.

Best regards from Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa.