2,842 results
All reviews coral nursery main island overwater bungalow fish our honeymoon leading hotels of the world premium owb miki miki french polynesia poolside restaurant the activities desk coffee table polynesian buffet outdoor shower bug spray boat shuttle ping pong
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

This Hotel has breathtakingly beautiful over-water bungalows with awesome views, a lovely private beach and an extremely tranquil spa. Management also responded well to concerns or queries whenever they were raised and breakfast was of a decent standard. What more could you ask for? ...

Well, the elephant in the room that doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon, which is the lack of food choices! We didn't try the sushi restaurant (preferring cooked food in the evening) which is open for dinner only but in any event there is only one lunch option - the Miki Miki bar - and it's over-priced and very disappointing.The spaghetti is tasteless and bland, the sandwiches are average and the pizzas are just about passable. After a week of this you really start to feel the strain and actually begin to fear heading back to the same dreaded restaurant for lunch time, not least because no measures are taken to prevent a business of flies descending upon you and your food - neither relaxing nor enjoyable. It is genuinely one of the worst Hotel restaurants that I've eaten at in years.

The Tevairoa restaurant is a slightly better option for dinner but again the forced repetition of eating here (and not Miki Miki again) is not what a holiday should be about. I would recommend eating at the B.B. Yacht club one evening to mix things up and doing a full-day Lagoon Excursion trip (you can book this directly online), with a BBQ lunch provided which is far better than any options at the Hotel. Part of the fun of exploring top-class Hotels is the concept of enjoying the different types of food on offer, and we didn't get to participate in that enjoyment here.

We stayed here at the conclusion of our Honeymoon and have no regrets; the setting is the definition of paradise. However, if they start to take the matter of food seriously and stop charging such extortionate prices for a sub-standard menu - and overcharging for water, which should really be provided for free at these prices above and beyond the two free small bottles a day - this Hotel has the potential to be world-class, at which point, it would properly belong in the Leading Hotels of the World (imho).

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sham_sta1
Reviewed November 13, 2017

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in the end of October 2017. The first day we got there, we were starving and went to the Miki Miki bar area for lunch. While sitting down, I noticed I was starting to get bit by mosquitos (I am one of those people who gets bitten no matter what). I swatted at a few on my arm. A minute later, a staff member noticed, and she brought me over some bug spray. Something like this never would have happened at one of the other chain resorts that my husband and I stayed in before we got to the Pearl Beach Resort in Bora Bora. It was such a kind gesture, her giving me some bug spray, that I was just so touched. It is little things like that, that go a long way. While in the bathroom one night at dinner, an off duty staff member commented on my pretty necklace and was just so sweet to me. She had just gotten off work, and didn't need to be nice to me, but she was. My husband and I stayed at two resorts on two other islands before we got to Pearl Beach, and while the staff at each of those resorts were nice, the staff at Pearl Beach was the nicest staff I have ever experienced. Their warmth is genuine. Every staff member that we interacted with was absolutely wonderful.

In addition to the awesome staff, the resort itself is absolutely stunning. My husband and I stayed in an overwater bungalow looking out towards the mountains, and it was perfect in every way. If I had our whole honeymoon to do over again, I would stay here longer and at the other resorts less. It was the best. Thank you Pearl Beach for the most perfect 4 nights of our honeymoon!

Room Tip: The overwater bungalows are fantastic!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katie M
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our 10 Year Anniversary here in early Nov 2017. This was one of the better value resorts we found on Bora Bora with things like free wifi and breakfast included. It is a smaller resort and is showing its age in places but the location can’t be beat. The service here was great, spa beautiful, and food was good if somewhat limited.

Some reviews complain of extra charges for things like the transfer to the airport or transfer to town, but if you are coming to Bora Bora it isn’t to save money - so I suggest just rolling with it. This place is still a good deal.

Our OWB was great - we were near the beach with a great ocean view. Lots of fish around.

Tips:
- Drinkers should go into town to stock up on wine and beer at 1/3 the cost. We found out on our last night that they don’t even charge a corkage fee at the restaurant to bring your own wine to the table! Bonus!
- Bring pool floats and rope so you can read a book while floating in the water off your bungalow without floating away
- Bug Spray is a must - I used it and still got chewed
- Ask the spa about add ons, as we got a 30 min Coconut scrub and outdoor Vichy shower for $25 (reg $90)
- Take rolls from the restaurants to feed the fish
- Look in the coral gardens around dusk to see sharks!
- They do a Polynesian show on Mondays, make sure you don’t leave early - it starts around 8:15.
- We left the resort for dinner twice - Bloody Mary’s and Yacht Club - and they were easy to get to and great!

I would have given this place 5 stars, but found restaurants limited, and the place is showing it’s age but I hear they are renovating next year. I would definitely recommend this place to others!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeInThornhill
Reviewed November 10, 2017

We stayed in the over the water bungalow and the water was so clear you could see the black tip reef sharks and rays swimming into the area from at least 50 yards away, without getting into the water. It is easy to get around town and the food was great. If you are going for shopping though, this isn't the place. Everything has to come to the area through freight ships that come in once a week.

Room Tip: The only complaints I heard from friends staying in the beach bungalows was there were a few mosquitos.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stacyn749
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

The Pearl is cosmic beautiful. Snorkel with fish right under your door. Swim in a turquoise lagoon. The friendliest staff I’ve ever encountered anywhere in the world. Remarkable gardens and landscaping. A harmonious place to unwind. Front desk staff was so helpful — Thank You. Good Tahitian culture show, very good but not great food, you are close to heaven here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple