We've just spent 10 days there in a Superior Over Water Villa. Are we Rockefellers? No, we just booked with "Pacific for Less"! Claudia and her team got us fantastic rooms for even more fantastic rates. We can only recommend her for all your travels to Polynesia. They did a fantastic job on our 4 weeks honeymoon.
But back to the St. Regis.
140 square meters bungalow, Bose sound system, private sundeck, huge bathroom with rainforest shower, bathtub, 2 sinks, seperate toilet, seperate living room, extremly roomy, comfortable bed, great butler service...
The people at the St. Regis really take service and customer focus seriously. Waiters know you by name after a day, almost all notes were written by hand! Had small niggles with the plumbing, half an hour later we received a bottle of champagne as a compensation for our discomfort...
The resort itself is extremely well cared for and since it's quite spacious, there are alway bicycles available at the beach hut to let you ride home, when you don't want to wait for the butler's golfcart to take you home.
The "Lagoon" restaurant in the resort, close to main dock, beats the over-hyped Villa Mahana on the island hands-down! Sea-side sitting and georgeous food! Our favorite Sauvignon Blanc was out, so we got a more expensive one free of charge.... Now beat that!
Tired of the resort's restaurants? Call reception and they'll organise free trips to the island's best restaurants and back for free (well, you'll have to pay for your meals...)
Now to the "downsides"
- In the bungalows, there is no place to hang your swimmwear to dry
- Closet room is too limited for a 10 days stay
- Bicycle return policy by 17:00 is inconvenient, when your taxi boat to the island just leaves at 18:00
That was it for the downsides.
We can really recommend the St. Regis for a completely carefree stay in Bora Bora.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive St. Regis Bora Bora is 44-acre island resort located in Polynesian paradise. Our elite accommodation features the 13,000 sq ft Miri Miri spa and Lagoon Restaurant by Jean Georges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca and getaroom.com so you can book your The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- St Regis Hotel Bora
- St Regis Bora Bora
- St Regis Resort Bora Bora