My husband and I came here on our honeymoon 2 weeks ago. I wanted to write this review while everything was still fresh in my mind.
First of all... my husband planned and SURPRISED me for this trip, and I had no idea where we were going until we got to their airport so I did not have any chance to look at the website or reviews beforehand (which I always do!). I was absolutely blown away from the moment we arrived at the airport in Bora Bora. Every single moment from the boat ride to the resort to the one bringing us back to the airport was amazing. The bungalows are gorgeous and HUGE. We were told by every excursion guide we had that the St. Regis has the largest and best bungalows. (Even compared to The Four Seasons).
Every single person on the staff was friendly and helpful with whatever you needed. They know your name by like day 2 and make sure you are having a wonderful time. We were here for 8 nights and they were the most amazing nights of our lives. It is going to be hard to vacation anywhere else!!
The restuarants' food was the highlight of the trip for us. We both love food and enjoy a delicious meal... and every single night we were not dissapointed; all three chefs are fantastic. Sunset dinner on the dock at the Lagoon Restaurant is a MUST, but use your bug spray before!!! The filet at Te Pahu was the best meal I have EVER had. (Be prepared to spend $$ at all 3 restuarants, but it was money well worth it to us)
The only possible negative that I could say about our stay: Since the resort is very spread out.. (and our bungalow was on the complete opposite end as the main area) they have golf carts available to take you to and from places. But when the resort got busier toward the end of our stay, it took quite awhile to get a ride sometimes. (Like up to 30 minutes on several occasions).
-My husband was informed of this beforehand... but I think it will be helpful to mention to others... alcoholic beverages are ridiculously expensive!! Staying at a 5 star resort it is expected that things will be pricey, BUT cocktails are around $25 US. Crazy expensive if you like to lounge and have a couple drinks at the beach/pool each day. So I suggest stopping by the duty free at the airport and purchasing your own alcohol for the room. My husband and I enjoyed fruity drinks on our bungalow deck instead :)
-If you are thinking about splitting up your stay in Bora Bora with another resort... save the St. Regis for last!! Even though the other resorts are wonderful, anything will be a step down from this resort. Trust me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive St. Regis Bora Bora is 44-acre island resort located in Polynesian paradise. Our elite accommodation features the 13,000 sq ft Miri Miri spa and Lagoon Restaurant by Jean Georges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Travelocity.ca so you can book your The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- St Regis Hotel Bora
- St Regis Bora Bora
- St Regis Resort Bora Bora