“Best Experience EVER”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Irvine
“Best Experience EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband and I came here on our honeymoon 2 weeks ago. I wanted to write this review while everything was still fresh in my mind.

First of all... my husband planned and SURPRISED me for this trip, and I had no idea where we were going until we got to their airport so I did not have any chance to look at the website or reviews beforehand (which I always do!). I was absolutely blown away from the moment we arrived at the airport in Bora Bora. Every single moment from the boat ride to the resort to the one bringing us back to the airport was amazing. The bungalows are gorgeous and HUGE. We were told by every excursion guide we had that the St. Regis has the largest and best bungalows. (Even compared to The Four Seasons).

Every single person on the staff was friendly and helpful with whatever you needed. They know your name by like day 2 and make sure you are having a wonderful time. We were here for 8 nights and they were the most amazing nights of our lives. It is going to be hard to vacation anywhere else!!

The restuarants' food was the highlight of the trip for us. We both love food and enjoy a delicious meal... and every single night we were not dissapointed; all three chefs are fantastic. Sunset dinner on the dock at the Lagoon Restaurant is a MUST, but use your bug spray before!!! The filet at Te Pahu was the best meal I have EVER had. (Be prepared to spend $$ at all 3 restuarants, but it was money well worth it to us)

The only possible negative that I could say about our stay: Since the resort is very spread out.. (and our bungalow was on the complete opposite end as the main area) they have golf carts available to take you to and from places. But when the resort got busier toward the end of our stay, it took quite awhile to get a ride sometimes. (Like up to 30 minutes on several occasions).

Tips:
-My husband was informed of this beforehand... but I think it will be helpful to mention to others... alcoholic beverages are ridiculously expensive!! Staying at a 5 star resort it is expected that things will be pricey, BUT cocktails are around $25 US. Crazy expensive if you like to lounge and have a couple drinks at the beach/pool each day. So I suggest stopping by the duty free at the airport and purchasing your own alcohol for the room. My husband and I enjoyed fruity drinks on our bungalow deck instead :)

-If you are thinking about splitting up your stay in Bora Bora with another resort... save the St. Regis for last!! Even though the other resorts are wonderful, anything will be a step down from this resort. Trust me!

Room Tip: Bungalows on an end have great privacy. We didn't think it was worth it to spend the extra $$ on...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank April A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I came to the St. Regis Bora Bora to celebrate a birthday milestone with my best friend and I cannot imagine a better decision. From the gracious service, to the wonderful food, and the stunning accomodations, the St. Regis delivered. The 5 Star rating is well deserved and worth every penny. If you ever wanted the "hut over the water" experience, this is it. The "hut" is incredibly beautiful; nothing but water and privacy as far as the eye can see. Walk out and dive in. Btw, there is no crayola for the color of that water. Ah-mazing.

Room Tip: The further away from the main area the better, though there were really no bad views from anywhere...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carley_12
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I'll not repeat (hopefully) too much of what you can find in other reviews. The St. Regis is simply the most amazing place we've visited. Beautifully landscaped, immaculately maintained facilities, a friendly and helpful staff, and one of the most gorgeous settings in the world. Yes, it is expensive, but yes, everyone we spoke to who was staying there thought the stay was worth the price.

A few suggestions for those contemplating a trip to the St. Regis:

1. Ask for a bungalow facing Mt. Otemanu. It's a close call -- watch the sunrise over the palm trees that fringe the St. Regis' lagoon, or watch the sunset behind Mt. Otemanu and Bora Bora's main lagoon. I think the latter would be the better choice.

2. Consider using Pacific For Less. Not only did we get a better price than other agencies were quoting (by more than $1,000), the staff of the agency was unrelentingly available and helpful through the course of our planning and stay.

3. Check your flight plans and make sure your package includes a late checkout. Ours didn't, though when we discovered this fact the day before our departure, Pacific For Less weighed in with the hotel and obtained one for us.

4. If you're a runner, there's an alternative to running in the workout room or making many circles of the property. There's a crushed coral road that leads to the heliport. Just stay on that road and you'll be out by the ocean beach. The path is pretty well maintained, and you'll eventually end up at the Four Seasons.

5. $30 BLT's at the beach do add up. Our solution was to basically skip lunch, relying on the marvelous breakfast buffet and dinner to get us through the day. That strategy worked well.

6. Apply more sunscreen than you think you need, and reapply it when you get out of the water. You're awfully close to the equator. Enough said.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Catullus51
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are currently here enjoying our honeymoon and so far, nothing bad to say about the place. Everyone remembers your name, bend over backwards to get you what you need, it's more amazing then I could have ever imagined. Have to say the trek from NYC was a long one, but well worth it!
My husband lost his ring our first day here (swimming in the ocean off of the dock of our bungalow). He went to the "activity center" and shortly came back with Tom and some snorkeling gear. Within minutes his ring was found. That night we had dinner at their "everyday" restaurant and enjoyed a Polynesian dance show.
Some of our favorite highlights so far: Jean Georges's restaurant Lagoon- the tuna tartar is amazing, fresh cocktails, and filet of beef that melts in your mouth, plus a little amuse a Bouche dessert to finish the meal.
I can't say enough of the staff, from Patrick in the concierge to Nicolas in butler services, to all of the honest and extremely friendly servers in the restaurant, this place is beyond anything we could have ever expected! Think we'll have to come again and again.
The only downside is the pricing! But trust me, it is well worth it!
Today we visited the pearl farm, extremely knowledgeable staff, and beautiful pearls. From there got a ride to la village, very small, but great for souviners, and an ATM.
Love, love, love it here!

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank FlyHyeLCB
Seguin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

My wife and I were married at the St. Regis on March 26th. First we would like to say thank you to our wonderful wedding planner Karine Vanhee, if you see her on Bora Bora tell her we said hi! If you are need of services ask for her she does excellent work and will work with you every step of the way. I think we exchanged about a thousand emails over a period of a few months. I also highly recommend Helene Havard for any photographic services you may need. She is wonderful and you can see our photos on her facebook @ facebook.com/boraboraweddingphotographer . Look for the "couples" photos added on the 29th of March, thats us! The St. Regis treated us wonderfully and went out of their way to make little additions to our special day. We day rented an overwater bungalow to get ready for the wedding (stayed at Le Meridien) and it was amazing inside. The St. Regis had put down rose petals on the floor and the bed. They picked us up in a speed boat decorated with flowers for the ride over to the town hall in Vaitape for the offical ceremony, and then whisked us back to the St. Regis to get prepared for the symbolic ceremony. We were greeted with champagne, fresh cool towels and a highly decorated golf cart to transport us away. We were married on the ocean side of the resort and it was absolutely wild and stunning with the ocean waves rolling in and hitting the reef. The St. Regis property was amazing. The spa had its own private beach within the resort where we took photos. Nothing negative to say, we received excellent service from everyone there, the food was wonderful, and the resort was stunning. I will probably be staying here next time we visit. If you are thinking about Bora, JUST DO IT!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Skyler W
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the St. Regis for five nights in late February of this year. This stop was the final leg of a five week tour of Australia, New Zealand and French Polynesia. At this point of the trip we wanted to decompress and chill out for a few days before returning home and getting back into the grind of daily life. St. Regis is the perfect place to do this.

We stayed in the Premier Overwater Villa, which was absolutely spectacular and offered the most amazing view of the main island. The villa itself was huge and had every five star amenity you could think of including a private deck with a splash pool, great sound system, mini bar, etc. We found ourselves wanting for nothing. The one snag we ran into during our stay was that the mini bar refrigerator in our villa was not working when we arrived and it took the resort two days to fix it. This was not a big deal for us. We just had room service deliver buckets of beer until refrigerator was back up and running.

For people looking for an action packed tropical vacation this is not the place. Bora Bora overall is extremely low key. There is no nightlife whatsoever. In the evening, you can take a boat over to the main island for a quite dinner, but that is about it. At St. Regis, it is low key day and night. There are, however, a few excursions that are worthwhile. We took the Jet Ski tour around the island which was okay. My wife and I own a pair of jet skis, so it didn’t have the same thrill for us as it may for others. We also heard the snorkeling excursion was good.

The resort restaurants were good. The food, the wine list and service were what you would expect from a resort of this caliber. As far as the restaurants on the main island, I would strongly suggest you consult with the concierge. We went to Bloody Mary’s at the suggestion of a couple we met at the resort. It was awful. The wine list was a joke, the mixed drinks were bad, the food was terrible and the service was even worse. The icing on the cake was that we could smell raw sewage as the breeze blew through the restaurant.

Is St. Regis a noteworthy five star resort? Absolutely. From the moment you exit the plane upon arrival until you step back on the plane to leave you experience true five star luxury and service. The staff at St. Regis does a great job, and seems to take pride in the level of service they provide. The resort itself is well maintained and the surrounding beauty is mind blowing. Bora Bora is definitely one of the most beautiful places on earth, and St. Regis is the best place to experience this tropical paradise.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert R
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Among all the other resorts, the St Regis is the best!!!!
Staff service excellent, the food is gourmet and first class, the over water bungalows are big, comfortable and newly remodeled.
The tours,, excursions, landscape are amazing!
One of the best and unforgettable travels that I've ever had!
St Regis is the best in the whole are, including intercontinental ( the second best)

Room Tip: Try to get the farthest bungalows which have private pool and if you are looking for maximum privacy
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple