New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Beverly Hills, California
“Best of 2012, beautiful memories of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I took a fun ride to this beautiful island with my friends. We stayed at the St Regis Hotel. The welcome from the Airport to the the hotel make our flight seem like a dream.. Words cannot describe the St Regis Hotel,the island is so beautiful...a great stay for couples, Supberb Service
We had the pleasure in meeting the GM, Mr Mike Schoonewagen who made it his duty to greet his guests. From all of my travel experiences I never met a GM like him, Very pleasant & sweet he made our stay beautiful memories to last a lifetime between my friends & I. We also met the front desk manager,Mr Pittman who also was always on hand to be sure our stay was enjoyable..it was so refreshing to finally have service like this,the staff always had a smile on their face,they remember what we like for breakfast ,our juices,coconut water...beyond words to describe the service ..thank you Mr GM and your beautiful staff for an enjoyable stay..I will add pictures very soon,better than the postcards you see :):) I'm still in a hangover from this vacation,a good one

Room Tip: Every suite is so beautiful,hard to choose
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Natalie J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Our second consecutive stay for spring break at the St Regis Bora Bora. Truly one of the most exceptional properties on the planet. Staff very helpful and friendly if not always the most competent. Exceptional natural beauty. Great water sports; particularly liked the snorkeling and the hobie cat. As with any resort, one gets tired fairly quickly of the dining options, all of which are pricey. Expect to pay $40 for an individual pizza and $25 for a mai tai. Take the (free) boat to the main island and go to Bloody Mary's one night for a good lobster meal. While not cheap and kind of turista, it's a welcome change-up. The resort does have a sushi restaurant which is open for dinner and which has superb fresh fish at reasonable (LA-like) prices. Kids club is OK although not very well organized.

Room Tip: Choose an overwater bungalow preferably on the side facing the island. The beach pool villas, while...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank WrldtrvlrBH
Beverly Hills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Me and a few friends decided to take a little relaxation trip. The St. Regis was the Best!! The Bungalow, food, spa, excursions, and staff were amazing. Our Breakfast server knew our drinks of choice before we could even sit down. Hand blended fruit drinks of our choice! Our Private butler was so sweet and always ten feet ahead with ideas to please us. That personal touch was was really made our trip memorable. We especially loved the dive with the sharks and the personal dance instructor for Tahitian Dance. Thank you again to the staff and guest that made our trip so memorable. We will always dream of Bora Bora.
Luv, the Sex and the City Girls ; )

Room Tip: I liked the side facing the Mountain Peak.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank courtney c
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I were recently in Moorea and BB on our honeymoon. The St. Regis was truly amazing. We were in a deluxe OWB and did not want to leave. The bungalows are huge and beautiful!! The resort is rather large so they will pick you up on a golf cart from your room or pool or restaurants, or they also provide bikes to ride. Truly your wish is their command!! They remember your name and make each guest feel welcome! The restaurants at the resort are superb! Our couples massage was good, however the actual spa needs to be and will be renovated in the fall. Just dont go early to have a spa experience, stay in the sun and have the spa pick you up in time for the booked service. The wind surfing, paddleboards, hobbies cats, kayaks, bikes are all complimentary. The guys even spent time with us teaching us to wind surf. The St Regis is a place you definitely want to experience if you can!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Clkh
Irvine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband and I came here on our honeymoon 2 weeks ago. I wanted to write this review while everything was still fresh in my mind.

First of all... my husband planned and SURPRISED me for this trip, and I had no idea where we were going until we got to their airport so I did not have any chance to look at the website or reviews beforehand (which I always do!). I was absolutely blown away from the moment we arrived at the airport in Bora Bora. Every single moment from the boat ride to the resort to the one bringing us back to the airport was amazing. The bungalows are gorgeous and HUGE. We were told by every excursion guide we had that the St. Regis has the largest and best bungalows. (Even compared to The Four Seasons).

Every single person on the staff was friendly and helpful with whatever you needed. They know your name by like day 2 and make sure you are having a wonderful time. We were here for 8 nights and they were the most amazing nights of our lives. It is going to be hard to vacation anywhere else!!

The restuarants' food was the highlight of the trip for us. We both love food and enjoy a delicious meal... and every single night we were not dissapointed; all three chefs are fantastic. Sunset dinner on the dock at the Lagoon Restaurant is a MUST, but use your bug spray before!!! The filet at Te Pahu was the best meal I have EVER had. (Be prepared to spend $$ at all 3 restuarants, but it was money well worth it to us)

The only possible negative that I could say about our stay: Since the resort is very spread out.. (and our bungalow was on the complete opposite end as the main area) they have golf carts available to take you to and from places. But when the resort got busier toward the end of our stay, it took quite awhile to get a ride sometimes. (Like up to 30 minutes on several occasions).

Tips:
-My husband was informed of this beforehand... but I think it will be helpful to mention to others... alcoholic beverages are ridiculously expensive!! Staying at a 5 star resort it is expected that things will be pricey, BUT cocktails are around $25 US. Crazy expensive if you like to lounge and have a couple drinks at the beach/pool each day. So I suggest stopping by the duty free at the airport and purchasing your own alcohol for the room. My husband and I enjoyed fruity drinks on our bungalow deck instead :)

-If you are thinking about splitting up your stay in Bora Bora with another resort... save the St. Regis for last!! Even though the other resorts are wonderful, anything will be a step down from this resort. Trust me!

Room Tip: Bungalows on an end have great privacy. We didn't think it was worth it to spend the extra $$ on...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank April A
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I came to the St. Regis Bora Bora to celebrate a birthday milestone with my best friend and I cannot imagine a better decision. From the gracious service, to the wonderful food, and the stunning accomodations, the St. Regis delivered. The 5 Star rating is well deserved and worth every penny. If you ever wanted the "hut over the water" experience, this is it. The "hut" is incredibly beautiful; nothing but water and privacy as far as the eye can see. Walk out and dive in. Btw, there is no crayola for the color of that water. Ah-mazing.

Room Tip: The further away from the main area the better, though there were really no bad views from anywhere...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carley_12
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I'll not repeat (hopefully) too much of what you can find in other reviews. The St. Regis is simply the most amazing place we've visited. Beautifully landscaped, immaculately maintained facilities, a friendly and helpful staff, and one of the most gorgeous settings in the world. Yes, it is expensive, but yes, everyone we spoke to who was staying there thought the stay was worth the price.

A few suggestions for those contemplating a trip to the St. Regis:

1. Ask for a bungalow facing Mt. Otemanu. It's a close call -- watch the sunrise over the palm trees that fringe the St. Regis' lagoon, or watch the sunset behind Mt. Otemanu and Bora Bora's main lagoon. I think the latter would be the better choice.

2. Consider using Pacific For Less. Not only did we get a better price than other agencies were quoting (by more than $1,000), the staff of the agency was unrelentingly available and helpful through the course of our planning and stay.

3. Check your flight plans and make sure your package includes a late checkout. Ours didn't, though when we discovered this fact the day before our departure, Pacific For Less weighed in with the hotel and obtained one for us.

4. If you're a runner, there's an alternative to running in the workout room or making many circles of the property. There's a crushed coral road that leads to the heliport. Just stay on that road and you'll be out by the ocean beach. The path is pretty well maintained, and you'll eventually end up at the Four Seasons.

5. $30 BLT's at the beach do add up. Our solution was to basically skip lunch, relying on the marvelous breakfast buffet and dinner to get us through the day. That strategy worked well.

6. Apply more sunscreen than you think you need, and reapply it when you get out of the water. You're awfully close to the equator. Enough said.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple