2,776 results
All reviews plateau restaurant space restaurant pool bar fish animation team rock pools pasta main restaurant resta reef two weeks great holiday a la carte restaurants evening entertainment red flag port ghalib all inclusive package beef
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Just back on the 30/3/18 from this wonderful hotel, we would highly recommend this hotel as it was faultless. Every aspect of our holiday here was just what we were looking for, from the initial welcome from Ahmed front desk to Mohamed Samir on the beach, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were spotless and spacious, all staff were very helpful and eager to please. The variety and presentation of the food has to be seen to believed, even after two weeks there were still plenty of choice, the beef Wellington was exceptional. This hotel is about ten minuets from the airport and is a nice quiet hotel, the coral reef is amazing. We would definitely recommend this hotel and we are planning to return at the end of this year. A big well done and our kind regards to Mr. Ashraf and his team.
From David & Tina

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank TinaF735
Abd ElAzim M, Manager at Jaz Grand Marsa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Tina and David,
thank you for choosing Jaz Grand Resta to spend your holiday.
My team and I would also like to thank you for your valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer. Once again, thank you for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback. We are looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed March 22, 2018

Just returned from a relaxing week at the Grand Resta.Arrived at reception about 6 and we were in our room by 6-30.Gamal and Ahmed who work on reception are very friendly and efficient.Room was spacious and clean on the ground floor with a sea view.Hotel grounds and facilities are well maintained with plenty of sunbeds available around the pools and at the beach.The main retaurant had an excellent choice and great presentation everyday although for the less adventurous you can liaise with the chefs and they will be happy to provide dishes with no pepper or spices.In the Plateau restaurant top chef Mohammed and No1 waiter Waleed pulled out all the stops to make it a very special week.At the Grand Resta you are made to feel welcome and safe by all the staff from the gardeners to mr Ashraf the general manager.Mr Ashraf you should be proud of what you and your staff have achieved.

Room Tip: sea view with a nice walk to and from restaurant and reception
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Abd ElAzim M, Manager at Jaz Grand Marsa, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for choosing Jaz Grand Resta to spend your holiday.
My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback.
You have provided us with great motivation to continuously improve the service we offer. Once again, thank you for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback. We are looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

I went with my sister and a friend for an evening meal, as had been staying next door at Resta Reef and really could not face another awful tepid meal. The food was excellent, plenty of choice, lovely starters. We were made to feel very welcome. And when we mentioned it was my friends 67th birthday, and we felt we wanted a break from the Resta Reef they said nothing. But when we finished our meal they came up with a beautiful cake, candles, and all waiters played instruments and went round in a circle singing to her, it made her day.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank Janet G
Abd ElAzim M, Manager at Jaz Grand Marsa, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Dear Janet

Reviewed March 11, 2018

Back for the fourth time at this hotel. It never disappoints. A super two weeks away to recharge the batteries with impeccable service and facilities. The hotel has just been taken over by the Jaz Group and they were starting to change things straight away in subtle ways, for example introducing a weekly management cocktail party where guests get to meet all the hotel management team.

This hotel is 5 minutes from the airport so do not pay for transfers 15-20 euros is fee for a transfer in a taxi. This is a quiet resort with no loud blaring music so not for the football crowd. So what is the resort like well:

Grounds – well kept gardens surrounding large free form pool and two storey blocks of 8-16 rooms. The grounds are all on one level and flat except for slight ramp or steps up to main building and down to beach level so good for those with mobility issues like myself.

Rooms – huge twin/double en-suite all looking towards the gardens and pool with either a large terrace on ground or balcony on first. Linen and towels super clean. Cleaners come in daily and soon learn when you are up and out to ensure they don’t disturb you. Beds comfortable and rooms have flat TV and tea and coffee making facilities aswell as free bottled water. Beware though you may find the odd crocodile or other towel animal/flower in your bed. The loungers had been removed from the terraces this year so we asked for them to be put back which reception did for us immediately. I hope that this decision is reversed by management.

Food – superb and I did not think you could ask for better so I was surprised that the food was better even better than last year. Fresh and varied with superb displays, fresh salads, bread and multiplr choices and bbq every evening. Seafood night… I could go on forever. The chefs and the waiters make such a great effort. Thank you to Chef Mohammed and all his team especially especially all those we do not even get to see e.g. the pot washers without them our those we do see could not do their jobs e.g. Samy, Ibrahim, Ahmed, Walid and all the rest who always manage to remember our drinks orders and who it is a delight to see again year after year. Big congratulations to Samy for his upcoming wedding – we hope to hear about Samy junior next year!

Pool – very large free form with bridges linking and going over different parts of it and a swim up bar. Plenty of loungers with nice mattresses on them (I hope Jaz do not change this as the quality of the loungers is one of the plus points they have over other resorts with poor plastic ones). Towels for pool and each are part of the deal and can be exchanged when required. Afternoon tea is available here if you need more food or miss lunch. There is a small half metre deep paddling pool for small children but no slides etc. for older kids in the hotel which is good. These are nearby if you want to go out for the day.

Beach – sandy but the thing about this hotel is it has its own coral reef that is right on the beach so snorkelling is on your doorstep. If you want diving then companies can take you off to nearby reefs. The restaurant at the beach means you don’t have to come away for lunch.

Entertainment – not really much but then this suits me as is not what I go for I go for the relaxing atmosphere, service and sun. I think in the evening though some songs people could dance to would be good as quite a few guests danced when they could. There were singers performing at night (man could not hold a note, the woman was a little better but no better than karaoke). Also having entertainment delivered in a conference room is appalling. I spend my work days in them I don’t want to spend my holiday in them too.

Animation team – they are a complete disaster, there is an activity list but they constantly fail to turn up to it e.g. over two weeks they turned up to play boulles in the morning only 3 times! They are more interested in looking at themselves in the mirror and checking out their dancing skills than doing their jobs. Indeed the waiters singing and drumming for people’s birthdays are more fun and put more effort into it. Good job I am not interested too much in this part of the holiday experience but if you are and they are just as lazy when you get there definitely speak up and something will be done I am sure.

Reception – could not be more helpful if they tried from sorting taxis and answering queries, replacing a broken TV within 20 minutes. A big thank you to Shehab, Gamal and Ahmed. Great to have you printing out the daily news in all languages. I would say though – use both sides of the page so you can make the font size bigger so easier to read.

All in all it was a wrench to have to come home. Cannot wait to return and to see what else Jaz have changed although I hope not too much as it is near on perfect already. I would hate to see loud music and large screen TVs showing football. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asked for rest and relaxation in a superb setting.

Room Tip: All rooms are good - ground has terrace, first floor has balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Delia R

Dear Delia

Reviewed March 2, 2018

Stayed first 2weeks of Feb . 1-2-18 the Jaz chain took over the hotel and wow did it change. Firstly the food was to die for, perfect cuts of meat perfectly cooked. Fresh fruit already peeled and chopped and restaurant very clean. The waiters were polite, funny and attentive.

Front desk staff very helpful and friendly, even had a free upgrade to sea view room. When I opened the French doors in the morning the sea was just there in front of me. You fell asleep to the waves at night.

The sea was heavenly although you did need shoes for paddling. If you snorkelled off the end of the jetty you didn't. But wow when you were in the water it was like a tropical fish bowl. I have visited Egypt 20 times and this was one of the best for snorkelling. But this is the beauty of Marsa Alam it's unspoilt and I'd like to keep it that way. They have got signs up about fines and stuff for taking them out of the sea. But there again there are guests still not taking any notice and having photos and stuff. The poor beach guy was jumping up and down with rage but what could he do, they were guests.

The rooms were large, clean and nice big balcony.

Wi-fi was rubbish but what do you expect in the middle of nowhere. We hired a modem for 2weeks picked up from airport when we landed, was brilliant. Had problems first few days but we aren't very technical. One of the managers off the front desk who goes above and beyond bought his modem in for us to use until we got ours sorted. He was absolutely brilliant. He is now leaving to go home to Sharm but without a doubt he will go onto greater things and I will miss him looking after us.

Back to the beach, I forgot to mention the sun loungers. They are that comfy honestly, you could be lying in your bed, incredible.

First few days we had lunch in the restaurant but the rest of the time we used the beach bar, well actually I wouldn't call it a bar. There's about 25 tables outside overlooking the sea and the beach. Gorgeous view and nice food.

Lastly the gardens were huge and a lovely walk up to the restaurant, we took a different path each day. They are perfect all the colours of the rainbow. We even had tomatoes growing outside our room.

Jaz had already started changing things when we were there. For example menus were made for beach bar instead of a choice of 3 meals. Landscaping in the gardens. New cushions and covers for lobby area. Uniforms changed. More entertainment in the evenings. Facilities around the beach and pools.

Would love to return next year to see what else has changed. Look forward to it

Room Tip: Room 2012 exceptional sea views
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ridingfootball
Abd ElAzim M, General Manager at Jaz Grand Marsa, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for choosing Jaz Grand Resta to spend your holiday.
Once again, thank you for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.