“Good Burgers”

Ranked #11 of 129 Restaurants in Wasilla
Cuisines: Pizza
“Good Burgers”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I have eaten here a couple times. The burgers are very good. The seafood I was not as impressed with. I got the captain's platter which was ok but not great. The oysters did not taste fresh. The halibut was very good and the clam strips tasted like they came out of a box. The staff is friendly and the waitress did a great job. The burgers are somewhat pricey, but they are worth it.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank MedicG

Palmer, Alaska
“Good Food-Great Beer!”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I've been to the Last Frontier several times now so I think I can provide an objective review. The food of course is always good but we've heard that the beer we love (Moose's Tooth Hard Apple Ale) is not going to be offered for a while and once the last keg is gone they're not sure if/when they'll be getting any more. We were told they're going to possbily start brewing their own version of an Apple Ale...I hope it's as good as Moose's Tooth.

The 4 or 5 meals I've had have been good. One in particular was the Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich. It was exceptional. I thought the hamburger I had recently was really good but it is hard to screw up a burger. The Jalapeno Poppers appetizer was decent but I have come to enjoy my favorite appetizer, the Susitna Skins. You get six potato skin halves that are loaed with the usual...tasty and very good with a cold beer. I haven't tried any pizza yet so will reserve comment. Several flat screen TVs for sports enthusiasts. All in all it's above average and a great little local watering hole.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank llstelck
Wasilla Alaska
“Good Beer, BAD Pricey Food”
Reviewed 21 October 2011

If you are there for a good beer you are in the right place. If you are there for food, it's either terrible or it is too expensive. The halibut fish and chips is good, but it is expensive and you only get three very skinny pieces of fish. The hamburgers are made with the most disgusting buns, they weigh a ton and all you taste is bread. How do you screw up a hamburger? (PS, I will pass on getting cheddar cheese on my burger, hamburgers call for American cheese) The pizza is about as good as a frozen pizza, and they don't even cook it long enough to make the cheese golden brown. The only thing on our who table that was any good was the jalapeno appetizer. And, of course the BEER!

• Visited October 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Pizza Sports Brewpub”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Last Frontier could use a better street sign, but it's worth finding. Even with our Garmin plugged into the address we missed the sign as we passed by the brewpub.

Inside is a lodge-like feel with a sportsbar theme, but it's a family-friendly atmosphere with seating away from the bar itself. Our service was very good, friendly, and quick with the food.

We tried most of the house-made brews and they were very good. Perhaps not perfect, but definitely worth going back for more and more. While Frontier specializes in pizza, and it's terrific, you can't go wrong with any of the menu items if you choose the ones that are homemade. It's not too hard to pick them out on the menu, especially the appetizers. Perhaps some things are mandatory in a sports pub, like chicken wings and jalapeno poppers, but when you make such good homemade food they are unnecessary.

All-in-all, a great new brewpub in the Wasilla area. This would be a great place to watch a sports game, share a pizza, and kick back some great beers. The next time we are passing through we will definitely be stopping in again.

• Visited August 2011