“First time and last time”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 708 Restaurants in Chandler
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Our party of 3 decided to try the Cheddars Restaurant for the first time. We were seated in a timely manner and the Restaurant looks very nice. Our waitress started out okay, taking our wine and drink orders. She returned with our drinks and took our food order. After she left I noticed my wine glass was either dirty or the rinse agent was not working well. I told our waitress and her first response was, "should I get a new glass so you can pour it yourself"? Really? I said no, I suggest you take this to the bartender and show them the glass or dishwasher, or manager and let them know that wine should not be served in a dirty glass.

Our waitress returned a while later and said " the bartender made sure he polished your glass before pouring in the wine". The sarcasm was not necessary. Clearly our waitress was not happy with me.

Our meals came a short time later, we ordered the Red Fish Sandwich, with mashed potatoes, Key West Chicken and Shrimp and Sweet Heat Chicken and Shrimp. All three meals were cold to touch. I am guessing the meals were plated properly, but waited to be served.

We called back our waitress told her the meals were cold. She did not appear happy, she took the meals back to the kitchen, We noticed she had a brief conversation with a gentlemen in a blue shirt with a mic. We assume he was a manager.

The meals came back to us about 15 minutes later. Clearly they had been reheated in an oven or microwave. The shrimp were rubbery, and the middle of the chicken was just lukewarm. The fish sandwich was okay, but the side of mashed potatoes was simply heaped with gravy to enhance the warmth.

The restaurant claims to be a scratch kitchen, but every chef, short order cook, food service manager knows that when fish is plated it must be served in a timely manner or it is not worth serving. It is also known that you should not reheat fish, shrimp, chicken in a restaurant. The result is a poor product that is rubbery and lacks taste.

We were very disappointed tonight and will spend our restaurant dollars at another restaurant. I suggest you might want to do the same.

2  Thank goldcoast2017

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Had lunch at Cheddars. Hadn’t been to one in years. Impressed by changes such as menu, interior, and restrooms. Seated quickly. Ordered onion rings which were good but keep in mind meal portions are quite large. We enjoyed the leftovers, but I’d rather have the “lunch portion” and lower prices as an option. Server could’ve been more friendly, but maybe she was having a bad day. Overall, I’d recommend Cheddars.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

My favorite place, The food is delicious, the prices very good and good service. Very afortable for families. Rush hours is always full so be prepare to ~30 min wait list.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

My husband always orders the new Orleans pasta dish and each time there is less sausage. This time there was only 2 pieces and when the waitress said she would bring more, she brought it 15mins later and there was only 1 piece! Plenty of chicken and an ok shrimp ratio. The meal is very tasty, for a Cajun dish you would expect more sausage.
For the good news, I had the pork chop with bourbon sauce, and it was delicious. It comes with mashed potatoes and another side. My new favorite dish.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Cheddar's accommodates any number of diners in an efficient manner. The food is delicious and reasonably priced and it's served promptly. The wait staff has always been great. I'm happy to recommend this restaurant.