All reviews san marcos santan brewery nice resort lobby bar breakfast buffet restaurants and shops rooms are comfortable few issues nice size business trip courtyard balconies staycation phoenix
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 6 nights on business. Front desk and other staff all very nice, plus they knew the history of the property. I had stayed many years ago when there were still bungalows as part of the hotel. Breakfast staff were friendly and attentive. Simple, not gourmet, buffet, but that what I was looking anyway. Eggs very hot, much better than typically encountered.
Large guest room and very clean bath... some reviews mentioned some rooms not up to par but mine was just fine. Wonder if because I stayed on the uppermost floor. Always freshly made up bedding and plenty of towels Yes, it’s a bit of a walk to the lobby, but that’s because of the way the property was laid out in the early 20th century. The guest room complex does show its age as a vintage 1970s-80s creation, but to update it would take a total tear-down. New construction in this day and age would probably better reflect the original architecture. Will probably stay here a few times in the coming year as it’s super convenient to downtown Chandler.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Katie B, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Hi John,

We really appreciate you taking the time to thoughtfully write this review. We love our history, and we love hearing stories from our guests that have previously stayed with us. We look forward to serving you again this year. See you soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was not nice. The room felt as sorry as the outside of the hotel. We were there less than 30 minutes before we decided to book a new hotel somewhere else. We actually too a loss. Extremely disappointed.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Katie B, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Hi Veronica,

We are saddened to hear that you were extremely disappointed by your recent stay. Our property is over 100 years old; it has an amazing history, and was built in 1912 by Dr. AJ Chandler. We strive to provide superior customer service, and we have clearly missed the mark. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

I stayed here on a business trip. The outside of the building was nicely kept, very clean lobby, bar and restaurant area. My room was nice and it was clean. My only real issue with the hotel is that the rooms were not connected to the lobby area. You had to go outside to get to your room. I was in the West part of the hotel and all of my co-workers were in the East. It was between 108 and 112 when I was there and it was very hot walking to my room. They had free breakfast every morning which was nice. The hotel is over 100 years old so that History was pretty cool. They have an old Piano and an old car in the lobby which was fun to look at. I did not go in the pool at all but from a distance it looked nice.

Room Tip: If you stay on the East side you will be closer to the pool, lobby and Restaurant.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Dang22391
Katie B, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are glad to hear that the enjoyed your stay. Isn't the history of hotel great? We do apologize for placing you away from your co-workers, and yes, Arizona summers are toasty! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon, maybe this time in the Winter!

Reviewed June 21, 2018

Stayed here on business in summer so did not have the time to enjoy facilities but nice place t stay. Aging gracefully but not so bad it is falling apart. Room was large. Lack of electrical outlets was a handicap in a modern room. Air conditioning was great. Breakfast buffets was complimentary. Food was typical hotel buffet, perhaps less than other places but adequate. Staff was friendly. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ground floor seems better.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hi Thomas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

Rooms are nice, bed is comfy but the pool and grounds need some work.

We stayed there with points, ...my husband being an spire member with IHG, during check in there was no mention of his status of thanking him for his business. The front desk clerk appeared to be stressed just with our check in.

We then went to the pool and it pieces around the wall coming off. Just needs to be redone. We still enjoyed the pool on a few nights.

The view from our room was of a gate on the other side of the gate was a parking lot. I've never seen anything like it, made me feel unsafe. Then I realized they also had no safe in the room. We asked at the front desk for one and do not provide safes, another thing I haven't heard of in ages.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We would like to apologize for your experience at the front desk. We love our IHG members, and we apologize for not emphasizing this during your check in. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you in the future.