“Not What I Expected”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, South American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2017

This restaurant is a bit off the main path. I found it looking for fish for supper. What I wanted was catfish but no one sold it locally so I came here. Based on the name, I expected a fine cuisine type restaurant, but it was really just a local place to eat. They have more than just fish on the menu and the waitress had jeans on, so I was glad to know I was not going to be underdressed for the location, being in jeans myself. The salad was a romaine type lettuce with homemade dressing, very good. I ordered the cod and while it did taste good, it was basically giant fish sticks, which I found disappointing. I prefer my cod fried in tempura. But I had no complaints about the food which was plentiful.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Wonderful food and excellent service. Everything is fresh and you couldn't ask for friendlier people :-)

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Visited Cottonwood for a trip on the Verde Canyon Railway. We stumbled upon Cork and Catch. Very unassuming decor but really good food. I'd come back again.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

My friend who lives in Cottonwood took me here as she seems to like it. I am not so easily impressed and found the food to be an attempt to imitate a more upscale food experience. The service was not that great and the food was not worth taking leftovers home. All in all I would avoid any idea of dining there on my next visit. And the prices were big city.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

This is a delightful, family owned restaurant where they treat you like their guests. The food is fresh and delicious. You will pay little more than a fast food meal, so why not delight in their wonderful, healthy and savory dishes in a clean, tastefully decorated and fine dining ? Right-see you there!