“Great place for tapas!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2015

They serve tasty small plates which is great for everyone to sample. Their menu is different from the normal American food you see on a small café menu. The location on Ave of the Fountains makes it a relaxing quaint atmosphere. The wait staff is friendly and desires to please. We will definitely return for another visit.

2  Thank Mary R

Reviewed October 26, 2015

My favorite is the fish tacos but there's so much more on the menu. Delightful dining experience with a great dog friendly patio. And the owner provides excellent catering.

2  Thank Heidi P
Reviewed October 15, 2015 via mobile

They have a promotion in October (wear a witch hat and get a free app). In spite of feeling pretty goofy, we ordered two simple dishes, the avocado tomato salad and the pork pernil, followed by coconut flan. The salad is one of the best of any restaurant in AZ. The pork pernil is in a sweet tomato sauce that tastes like it has been slow cooked all day. The flan is simple but caramelly good. Good service, nice little restaurant.

2  Thank Foozeroo
Reviewed October 8, 2015

Came to Sofrita with family and friends after seeing their review on a local TV show about local restaurants in Arizona.

The atmosphere was great since we had good company, however, the food was disappointing. The owners are Puertorican and all in our party, except for my spouse, were Puertorican.

We ordered some "bacalaitos" (cod fritters) as an appetizer. Bacalaitos are supposed to be crisp and flat, like a big cracker. What we got were like croquettes, and they were dense.

I also ordered some "ropa vieja" (shredded beef) and what I got was some beef in sauce, but it was not ropa vieja. My spouse ordered "pernil" (roast pork) and got some sort of pork in red sauce. Pernil is never made in sauce. My cousin's husband ordered a Cuban sandwich. It was not bad, but we've had better. My cousin ordered the fish tacos and those were fine.

It was a disappointing experience, and probably will not return since it's in Fountain Valley and quite a drive from Phoenix.

Reviewed October 7, 2015

I had the taco sampler with a variety of tacos. All were very good! We were there early so the place wasn't crowded, and we had great service. If in the area again I would eat there again.

1  Thank AWill99