Best Western Space Age Lodge
US$76
US$108
US$99
TripAdvisor
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort(Maricopa)(Great Value!)
US$90
All reviewsadjoining restaurantspace themethemed hotelplace to stayspace shuttlethe flying saucerfree breakfastfun themegreat stopcooked breakfasttrain trackstrains passingup to datethe air conditioningspace shipcomfy bedclean rooms
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We needed a place in Gila Bend because of late night travel. We realized quickly that they take the space age theme serious. The attention to detail is astonishing. Best bed on our cross country trip. We had no train interruption. The breakfast was fresh and hearty. I would stay again because we left very happy and smiling.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Rooms are very clean and have been recently updated. Flat screen TV, comfortable bed and nice products (soap, shampoo, etc.). Interesting space related artwork in the rooms. The restaurant serves a good breakfast with lots of space decorations to look at on the walls. We've driven by this place many times on the way to San Diego and always thought it looked interesting. On a recent drive back from San Diego I was too tired to make it home so I stopped off here for the night. The only downside is the railroad tracks that run a couple hundred feet behind the motel, but I doubt there's another motel along this stretch of I-8 that doesn't have train noise.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Rooms are clean but old. If you are a light sleeper good luck, a train passes by around 3-4 am everyday. Internet is decent, but slow compared to hotels closer to Phoenix.

The breakfast is pretty good and is included in the rate. The decor is a little bit of the history of the space shuttles. Pictures of Astronauts adorn the hotel. People are nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Rooms were very clean and quite. Easy parking for any size truck and trailer combination. Very small town, and pleasent to walk around at night. Great food in resturant.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2011

What brought me here was a regretable choice for lunch. Driving back from San Diego I had to make an unscheduled stop in Gila Bend ( which I think is the only reason anyone stops in Gila Bend). I needed a place to stay and recover. I stopped here and in the midst of dealing with lunch I realized I had found a little gem in the middle of the desert. The room was Extremely clean and comfortable. I have to admit, that I was expecting a poor attempt at making this room look like it was from an alien movie. I can't stress enough how clean and comfortable this place was. After an interesting night I decided to take advantage of the free breakfast at Space Age Cafe. The breakfast was good the service was good but not very friendly. The Motel staff was extremely friendly and helpful as well.

WORD OF CAUTION: If you are a light sleeper be ware. This place sits VERY close to the train tracks and you will hear trains passing all night. Also, I payed about $80 for the room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo