Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$101
FindHotelUS$101
Hotels.comUS$101
Agoda.comUS$101
Home2.comUS$101
StayForLongUS$128
All reviews nice folks nicer hotels front desk pet friendly hotel felt like home long term waffles great stay pastry breakfast sandwich staff was friendly the loop convenient location free breakfast comfortable beds top floor easy access
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed the short time i was at this hotel in gilbert for Business at the Mesa Airport.
Very laid back hotel with a warm present at the front desk willing to help with all of your needs through out your whole stay

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Reviewed March 30, 2021

I used this place for it's convenient location to my main travel purpose (visiting family). It is within easy walking distance of grocery stores as well as restaurants and miscellaneous shopping - I walked to the San Tan Mall in 25 minutes with a sidewalk the entire way. I wanted a gym, it has an adequate one: couple of treadmills, elliptical and bike as well as dumbbells and mats and has disinfectant wipes and sanitizer available. Check in staff was friendly. Breakfast...meh, tiny yogurt cups with granola and some cold pastry/sandwich things that you could heat up in the microwave. There may have been cereal - I only went down there once. Beds and pillows were comfortable enough and the AC is cold.

Checked in to my room in the evening, dropped off luggage and left till much later in the evening. When I got back to the room my keycard didn't work - understandable, it happens - but that was the impetus for getting a digital downloaded key so I wouldn't have the problem again (and I didn't). Lights at the entry/kitchenette didn't work, had to either turn on the bathroom light or walk to the other end of the room to turn on a light. Didn't feel like calling downstairs to let them know. Noticed a funky smell coming from the bathroom - seemed to be from the shower drain. Turned on the fan and I *think* it was working, sounds never changed but the smell wasn't as noticeable in the morning. The gunk and hair accumulated along the shower ledge were though. So was the rice stuck to the table and the dried ramen on the sofa and floor all around the sofa. I had checked the bedding the night before and that, at least, gave the appearance of being fresh, as were the towels. There are sticky signs on the door and bathroom reminding you that there would be no housekeeping during the stay (until day 7 I think) unless requested. Also there is a sticker "sealing" your entry door to show the room had been disinfected (which I guess doesn't mean cleaned). Well, I don't request housekeeping unless I'm in the room and we had plans to be away so there was no point in asking for a vacuuming and lightbulb maintenance. (I travel with sanitizing wipes and used them to deal with the shower ledge gunk and never walk barefoot). On the third day, my entry lights miraculously worked so either someone flipped a master switch or entered my room despite the do not disturb sign.

The only staff interaction I had was with the check in desk upon arrival and when my key card didn't work and once with housekeeping getting in/out of elevator - she told me not to use the far right one because it was "bad in there".

Room tip: A family member had a "Mountain View" (in the distance) room, mine on the opposite side looked at the other hotel.
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed January 7, 2021

The front desk employee was friendly, prompt and helpful. The bed was a little on the stiff side but comfortable enough to get a good night’s rest. The room had a kitchenette, refrigerator, toaster, dishes, etc. But our room (213) was the dirtiest room we have ever checked into. I am not at all convinced with their “CleanStay” advertising. It’s such a shame because the hotel is only about a year old! It’s new but not being cleaned properly.

After we checked into our room with all of our belongings, we noticed food remnants in the kitchenette sink, old dust on the desk, fingerprints all over the white desk chair, old crud on the trash can, pubic or dog hair on the bathroom floor by the shower, and the worst… dried urine and other matter on the toilet rim! We are not germphobes, but this was ridiculously unclean. My husband and I spent about 20 minutes wiping it all down with several of our own Lysol wipes. We used a towel and wash cloth to clean the floor tile that apparently was not even mopped! See the photos for yourself.

When notified, the front desk employee offered us a different room, but we had already cleaned, wiped and sanitized it ourselves and were not about to do that again in another room, too! So we stayed in the room after we cleaned it to our satisfaction. Two nights. The front desk reduced the price of our stay, but we will not stay there again.

Hilton advertises that they provide “CleanStay” sanitizing but I don’t believe it one bit. The maid puts a sticker on the entrance door that breaks when opened. Don’t be fooled. Our photos tell a different story! If we need to stay in Gilbert again, it will be at the Hyatt or another hotel, not Home2Suites. If you stay there, bring sanitizing wipes and wear socks in the room.

Room tip: Bring sanitizing wipes
Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed January 3, 2021

This property is only a year old
Pros:
Nice folks at the front desk.
Easy check in/out
They still had something for breakfast & coffee/juice
Elevators worked
Kitchen w/full size frig
Bed was OK
TV worked
Cons:
Room not cleaned very well. (Piss on toilet, short hairs bathroom floor, hand/finger grease/dirt smudges on most everything, food in micro/kitchen sink/on all 3 desk, chair dirty, entry floor and bath floor filthy!!
Elevator needs a wipe down.
Overall cleanliness once you leave the front desk area.
Dogs
----------------
I understand this is a short/long term hotel that does not always get the cleanest people, but that's when you need more cleaning staff who know how to use a mop/bucket, and vacuum?
Hilton puts a "your room has been disinfected" sticker on the door, me I would rather see "your room is clean" sticker.
If you book here, then take some Lysol wipes with you.

Like I said front desk was very nice and offered to move us to another room, but we had already spent 20 minutes cleaning, so no thank you.
If you plan on staying more than 2/3 nights and want a kitchenette then this might be the place for you, but if only in town for a couple of nights then go across the street.

*****Home2 Suites by Hilton***** You need more/better cleaning staff!!

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank justfish2018
Reviewed September 30, 2020

We had some work being done to our home and needed a place for a few days close by. This was the first time we have tried the Home 2 brand and found it to be a great value for the money, Room decor was nice and room was clean. Staff was very welcoming and helpful. That being said we did have a few problems. The first room we were assigned was missing a large wall mirror and had a strong odor which we traced to a large spill on the carpet. We were moved to another room which also had a odor, problem with ventilation system. They also could use a little more TLC with their maintenance as both elevators were filthy. Would probably try the Home 2 brand again but maybe not this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2020