“The Perfect Tour”

Ranked #2 of 5 Tours in Gilbert
Acton, Ontario, Canada
“The Perfect Tour”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My family and I did two tours with this company.

Both times, the guides were extremely helpful and knowledgeable, the transportation was clean and the tours were relaxed and unhurried.

They offer a great way to see Arizona and I would do it again any time.

Liz Davis

Visited April 2012

Jupiter, Florida
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great Tour, Great Guides”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

On Monday we had traveled to the Grand Canyon out of Sedona with a different tour, but were unable to see the first thing because of snow, fog and cloud cover. Later that week we were in Scottsdale, but still felt that the one thing we really wanted to see was the Grand Canyon, and it would be a shame to leave Arizona without doing just that. We found a hotel brochure for Arizona Frontiers, and the good news began there! Yes, they could take us to the canyon on Friday; yes, we could have the brochure discount; yes, they would pick us up at our Scottsdale hotel; yes, the weather was expected to be clear.

Les drove a very comfortable van, and water and snacks were provided. The four hour drive went quickly, as Michael talked about the terrain, the flora and fauna, the native people and settlers, local lore and history. With his background in anthropology, he was able to enlighten us on a broad range of subjects and answer our questions. There were two bathroom breaks along the way.

An advantage to having two guides is that Les was able to focus on the road and getting us there safely, which allowed Michael to turn around and show us maps and pictures to illustrate what he was talking about.

At the South Rim, we had three hours on our own. The day was cool and clear, and we had lots of picture opportunities. We chose to walk the Trail of Time up to Yavapai Point (1.6 miles each way), which still left us time to have a nice lunch at El Tovar. We could also have gone the other direction to Bright Angel Lodge and Kolb Studio. Across from El Tovar is the pueblo-style Hopi House with a great assortment of souvenirs; but as we had visited earlier in the week, we didn't spare any time for it this visit. Back in the van, we then proceeded to Grandview Point, where we had a more panoramic view of the canyon and a peek at the winding Colorado River.

Michael and Les were most accommodating, informative, and sensitive to our interests. When we got to know each other a little better, we discovered their sense of humor as well, and had an absolutely delightful journey. Had we not been leaving Arizona the next morning, I would have loved to have taken their other tours.

This was a great excursion. Michael and Les are both professional and personable. I can highly recommend Arizona Frontiers, and hope you put this trip on your "To Do" list.

Visited January 2012
4 Thank Adele H
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The words sensational & fantastic are not enough to describe this tour.”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

While on holiday in California from Australia, we planned a visit to Arizona mainly to see Tombstone. We had tried a few tours and because it was a last minute thing we weren't successful with any. We arrived at Phoenix and asked the hotel receptionist if she could organise a tour. Within minutes she had arranged a tour through Arizona Frontiers. We received a message at the hotel later in the day informing us we would be picked up between 7.15 am and 7.30 am. the next morning.

At 7.20 am the next morning we were picked up by Les and Michael who informed us we were the only two on the tour. We set out on our Tombstone adventure. Michael impressed with his knowledge of the history of Arizona and later his knowledge of San Xavier Mission and of course Tombstone.

Les drove and also added to our knowledge during the course of the day.

At Tombstone both Les and Michael suggested that we should visit the Birdcage Theatre. We did and it was a gold mine of artifacts and information on Tombstone.

Michael and Les suggested the best place for lunch and left us to our own devices. They met us after the gunfight at the OK Corral and were not in any particular hurry to get us back to Phoenix.

We finally arrived back at our hotel at 6.00 p.m. We could not stop talking about the day. Both Les and Michael were totally professional in the way they conducted our tour and extremely informative. On top of that they were good blokes as well.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank BobL255100
Waterford, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a Great Time!!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I was in Tempe, AZ on business and needed to stay the weekend, so my Sister flew out for a quick vacation (I'm from Michigan, she lives in Florida). We found the site using Google and booked on a Saturday afternoon for the following day (Father's Day). Vicki was very knowledgeable, polite and was happy to take the last-minute booking for the Sedona Wine Tour.

We were picked up at our hotel (In Chandler) in a private van at 7:30am. What a delight I didn't have to drive to meet them. It was only the two of us and we had a fantastic time! Les was our driver and Michael was our guide. Michael is an Anthropologist and was VERY knowledgeable of the area, history and horticulture of the region, he made the 2 hour drive seem like mere minutes. They were completely accommodating for stops along the way, viewpoints and scenic outlooks.

We visited the Church of the Holy Cross which was very nice with a great view but couldn’t stop talking about the “tacky house” across the road! Next stop was shopping and lunch in Sedona. Les and Michael were very accommodating offering advice on both. We ate at the Open Range Grill in Sedona. Great food and a great view!

The stop in Jerome on the way back was best described as quaint. It’s not a busy town but it was fun to walk around and shop for an hour (two wine stops here). We visited four wineries in all and we enjoyed them all. Each one had a unique style of both wine offerings and atmosphere. There was a bit of something for everyone. Our favorite was Alcantara vineyards, mainly because you had a beautiful view of the vineyards (something new for me); it was outside of town and the place had a nice homey feel. I would have sworn I was sitting in someone’s kitchen enjoying a glass with friends.

I can’t rave enough about how great Les and Michael were. We weren’t quite sure what to expect given it was only the two of us but they absolutely made the trip for my Sis and I. They were professional, polite and extremely personable. Michael had an extensive knowledge of wine and took the time to learn what we liked and I even tried a few I wouldn’t normally have based on his advice (which I did like). They were so enjoyable to talk to it was like having two extra friends on the trip.

The value of this trip was fantastic. For the cost of the trip, to get a private wine tour (granted the private part was sheer luck on our part) plus a private guide was fantastic. The big bonus was that they picked us up at our hotel so there was no worrying about driving or getting lost on the nearly drive up north, not the mention the sightseeing I was able to enjoy along the way.

I would recommend this trip to anyone, anytime. It was truly a great, fun, relaxing and beautiful trip.

Thanks Les and Michael!!!!

Visited June 2011