“Not Like San Francisco or NYC Chinatown”

Jumbo Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 45 Restaurants in Globe
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

Eating in Globe means a choice between two Chinese kitchens that appear oriented towards the stereotypic American palate. I went to Jumbo. The owner is friendly and hospitable. The buffet is made up of typical Chinese items, some that appear to have been frozen at some point in the preparation. Over-sauced items. One noodle dish was labeled Chow Fun (slightly flatten a fettuccine noodle and make it from rice flour), but it was not Chow Fun.
Little changes in the offerings overall. Much seems to taste the same. Makes me miss my Inner Richmond District home in San Francisco where I could choose from various Chinese regional cuisines. When desperate I order the House Fried Rice and enjoy it.

Reviewed March 4, 2017

Stopped by late this afternoon and after we were seated was asked by the server whether we wanted to order from the menu or use the buffet. We chose the buffet (craving crisp veggies). We then went to the buffet station and five of the bins were empty, and the few that had food just have the left-overs scraped into tiny piles in the middle of the bin. No crisp veggies, and there were just scraps of chicken in the orange and sesame chicken. My companion took the last two egg rolls. To say we were very disappointed would be an understatement. I guess we should have ordered from the menu, but we won't be back. None of the bins were re-filled the entire time we were there.

Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

All food fresh and replenished often piping hot!
Friendly and attentive staff.
Taste is authentic. Cozy and usually quiet.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

This is by far the best Chinese Food in town.. everyone who works there is very helpfull. A food place is o relax and have a wonderful meal

Reviewed September 21, 2016

We have enjoyed eating here many times. The food is fresh and cooked to order. If you are hungry for chinese food it worth the stop. You can even take it to go if in a hurry.

Been to Jumbo Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!