Gila County Historical Museum
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Learn Globe's history

Always good to know the history of a city you are visiting! This museum has it all. Plan on... read more

Reviewed May 3, 2017
lookin4ghosts
Mesa, Arizona
Very Helpful

You would not expect this type of museum in a little town, but the folks here really pride... read more

Reviewed April 12, 2017
KatrinkaSD
San Diego, California

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 12, 2015

There were lots of excellent displays highlighting Gila County History. The staff was very informative with excellent knowledge of the area. I especially enjoyed the maps and old photos.

Reviewed November 5, 2015

We called in at this museum en-route from Phoenix to Show Low & am glad we did. Good displays regarding Globe & surrounding area. There is a small shop & clean restrooms. The staff were friendly & helpful. All in all well worth the visit.

Reviewed September 11, 2015

Well displayed with a resourceful library and many historic photos. Local relics show how life was in the mining boom towns of the early 1900s

Reviewed July 21, 2015

The volunteers seemed to love what they do and were great at telling me about the history of the area. They were knowledgeable and would have given me the whole day, if I had the time.

Reviewed July 19, 2015

The historian at the Museum is assisting us with tracking my mother's ancestry and was extremely helpful. The museum featured exhibits on the mining processes for copper ore and the history on the Serbians.