“Nice Surprises”

Super 8 Goodyear/Phoenix Area
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Goodyear
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My husband and I are baseball fans, and this year we went to the Phoenix area to watch some spring training games. We stayed at the Super 8 in Goodyear, a suburb of Phoenix, for the third consecutive year and there were some nice surprises in store for us. The grounds are in the process of being improved with a new paint job, a new sign and better parking options. The inside of the structure had recently been redecorated and refurbished and it looked very nice. The lavatory and bathtub drained very well, which is always a nice surprise. The ice machine worked well, accommodating a full house the nights we stayed there. Carpeting is new and clean. The beds were comfortable and the sheets soft and inviting. The one drawback was the scratchy towels, but we overlooked that because our room was comfy and mostly quiet. Ground floor rooms are often noisy from all directions except below. This was somewhat noisy but we managed to get good sleep anyway. Our ice bucket leaked and was promptly replaced when we notified the front desk. Our window wouldn't close so the maintenance crew fixed it the very first day we were there. Customer service at this motel is over the top! What a nice surprise!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the motel are quieter and the parking is more plentiful there.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed at the Super 8 motel in Goodyear at 840 N. Dysart Rd. The stafff wasgreat, starting with the owner Ray- whom would sit in the lobby and talk to us about our vacation , where we were from. The entire staff was great- especially Janet and Danielle whom we dealt with the most. They always had a smile and welcomed us each morning in the lobby while we enjoyed the free breakfast. On our last morning we had to leave about 4:15 in the morning to catch our flight and Danielle had coffee waiting for us. Great location for the SPRING TRAIING ballparks, nearby resturants and the price was very resonable. Will go back next year . Thanks Super 8 Ray and the entire staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The hotel was being painted, and furniture was being replaced, but neither was an inconvenience for me. It was a nice, "inexpensive" place to stay which is close to several spring training sites and very convenient to I-10, restaurants, and shopping. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool area is small but clean.
While a new sign was being installed at Dysart, the hotel is somewhat hard to find, hidden between and behind McDonald's and Waffle House.
It's certainly not a resort, but it was a nice place to stay, and I would definitely return on my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Rooms 101 to 105 are close to the laundry, where the housekeepers congregate at about 7:00AM. Not r...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I did realize that staying near Phoenix during the winter months the hotel rates are sky high, which is why we picked Super 8 in Goodyear. The rates were cheaper than many of the other hotels nearby. But, this place is pretty bad. The room was worn badly with chips in the walls and furniture. The bathroom sink was pitted and drained very slowly. There were dirty handprints on the doors and walls.
We stayed on the first floor and the window lock was broken and could not be secured. The door leading to the room was out of alignment and had to be slammed shut to even get the door closed. The TV, furniture and towels were all very old. No hair blow-dryer, no coffee maker and no refrigerator.
They must be in the process of upgrading some of the rooms because they had moved room furniture outside and stacked them up blocking the side door entrance. They were there our entire three day stay.
The continental breakfast was nearly nonexistent. Very few options were available, but there are restaurants nearby.
I would not stay here again but would spend a bit more money and stay at another hotel nearby.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RideredColorado
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Very clean, private, renovated rooms. I would return!! Staff was very friendly. Continental Breakfast was well presented and delicious. Owner Ray was a great guy. VERY comfortable beds, quiet and peaceful "for your home away from home"!! See you later Super 8 in Goodyear.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for what you need to make your stay the best.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed for 3 nights. Every night the rooms were clean, quiet and peaceful. The staff was friendly during every interaction. We have a few conversations with the owner as well, and he was on top of things. The rooms were in the process of being updated, so I would expect it to be even better next time. The breakfast was one of the best continental spreads I have seen. Plenty to eat, never ran out of the primary items. Always clean and plenty of space to eat. Big screen tv to watch. Overall, very wonderful. We will stay there again on your next trip to Phoenix.

My only complaint is the lack of a business center. It is nice to print on occasion, especially boarding passes. If the owner is reading this, you really should consider adding a cheap computer and printer to the common area - you will get a lot more business folks I would think.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I went for a business trip nearby and needed a cheap place to stay. That's why I selected Super 8. I knew not to expect the fancy items. A clean room with a clean bed, bathroom, and tv was all I needed, and I got that. The air conditioner was a bit loud, but it worked. Downstairs, each morning, they provide coffee. It was hard to find though, I was expecting a bigger sign. Just look for McDonald's.
I saw the negative reviews on this site and was worried a bit; but fortunately my stay was ok.
Will I go there again? Maybe.

Room Tip: Request not having a room near the stairs. The room is quiet, but you can hear occasional footsteps.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business