“A throw back in time........”
Review of Jerome Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerome
Jerome Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jerome
Tucson, Arizona
“A throw back in time........”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Six of us stayed at the Jerome Grand Hotel this past weekend. The hotel has been amazingly restored and the hallways are filled with old pictures, old hospital stuff like wheelchairs, operating equipment, and period furniture. The front desk guy was very friendly, checked us in early afternoon before we caught the Verde Canyon Railroad trip. The rooms are small, but adequate and the room rate is very reasonable. The bathroom in our room was updated. Nice fluffy towels and crisp linens on the bed. Speaking of the bed, ugh.....way too soft, could not sleep and woke with a back ache. The restaurant was small and cozy, varied menu but a bit pricey!! Good food, nice wine list, friendly bartender and host. The views from the hotel and the restaurant patio are awesome. Definitely lots of photo ops from this height. We had been to Jerome about 20 years ago and the town has definitely grown since then. A lot more of the buildings have been restored and more hotel and cafe options than before, which is good news for the tourist industry. Personally, I would not stay here again because of the bed, but I would recommend it to others and it is a good base location for day trips in the area. So come enjoy our beautiful state of Arizona!

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor face the back of the hotel, so you have a view of the mountain directly be...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MDavisTucson_AZ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2012

the jerome grand hotel was one, great, 'paranormal' experience... from the breathtaking view on the valley especially in the evening to exploring the hallways full of antiques - take rooms on the top floor, its supposedly haunted, get there in the time capsule 'Otis elevator', explore this old hospital - it takes you back in time; and you're going to love it!

Room Tip: if available, take a room on the top floor; the Asylum Restaurant - great choice for dinner!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank pejnowsky
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Hotel is packed with history, as is the town of Jerome. From our Room 10, I'd captured the most beautiful sunrise I'd ever seen overlooking the Verde Valley. The ghost hunt was a blast! I saw ages from 7-70, all appeared to be having a great time and enjoying the meters. Staying at the Jerome Grand is a fabulously entertaining experience which tops off the other artsy and quirky attractions of Jerome. It is walking distance from everything. This isn't The Ritz, if that's what you're looking before, but nothing in Jerome will be. (Head to Sedona if you're looking for luxury.) The room's carpet was worn, the bedding unfashionable, and the TV was very old. But our hotel room was large, was quiet with thick walls (how often can you say that?), had super comfy beds, huge arched windows and a newly remodeled modern bathroom that was supremely clean. We'd enjoyed lunch at the hotel's Asylum restaurant when traveling later in October. The food is delicious, and lunch is moderately priced.

Room Tip: Worth the difference in charge for room overlooking Verde Valley...breathtaking sunrise views
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CocoGracieandMe
Martinez, California
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The converted hospital is perched on a hillside overlooking the old mining town of Jerome and offers a panoramic view of the magnificent Arizona Desert. Our rooms were furnished with a mixture of wonderful antiques along with interesting kitsch. Even the halls are fill with furniture and paintings from another era. Like all old hotels, this one is haunted. While wandering through the halls in the early morning, I met two very shaken guests (young women) who had spent a fear-filled night in which according to their words, they were, "held captive by some evil force." Our stay was undisturbed by either the living or the dead. The hotel would be a fun place to spend Halloween, a holiday that is promoted by the town and the Hotel. We arrived later in October but the spooky decorations in the halls were still in place. The Hotel with its reinforced concrete construction was built to withstand the frequent dynamite explosions from the nearby mines during the hey-day of the mining era. Jerome's old town in a great place to wander among the shops. We even had some great bar-b-que dished up at The town's English Pub. The Hotel is clean and comfortable. It has a great old-timey elevator which is still in use We stayed in the Grand Suite which took up one-third of the Hotel's third floor. We very much enjoyed our stay in the Jerome Grand Hotel

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eldrieo
Des Moines, Washington
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My boyfriend and I checked into the Grand Hotel at 10:30pm on 12/28/2011. The clerk checked us into room 39A and 39B. We took the old Otis elevator up to the third floor then went into our room at the end of the hall. Once in the room I felt thickness in the air. We walked around the suite,dropped our bags then went walking around the hotel. We took photos up and down each hallway.My boyfriend was walking down the stairs from the third floor when he seen the curtains move. When I got to where he was I felt cold air which was odd since the heater was in the same spot and running. I told him to start shooting photos. I shot up and down the stair well from each directions. One photos showed a blue streak above a photos. I took the same photo to see if it would show again. It didn't. We went to bed a little after midnight. We turned the TV on but got no response. Turned out the TV was unplugged. I wondered why. I started to almost fall asleep then my boyfriend turned the television off which woke me. I laid for a while listening to a strange noise that sounded like static. I thought to myself "that television better not turned itself on" I opened my eyes and didn't see any light so I knew the Television was still off. I figured out the static noise was coming from the old pipes and the static was caused by the heater. I was once again almost asleep when a large brush of cold air went across my neck. There was nothing I could explain about that. I figured I was not going to acknowledge whom ever was doing this so I slowing put the covers over my head and snuggled closer to my boyfriend. I believe it was about a half hour later when I heard a bell ring above my head. No way I was going to uncover my head to see what that was about. I heard loud bangs through out the night but I'm sure they were caused by the pipes in the wall. Nothing in the hotel scared me so bad that I felt like I had to leave however, on the second floor was a open room at the end of the hall that was very cold and dark. I backed away from that room and continued down the stairs to the first floor. The staff a the hotel were very friendly and helpful. We will be back to stay again on our next visit. The town of Jerome is a must see for everyone.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DianeMyer
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This was one of the most interesting places we have ever stayed in. The hotel really has the feel of the old hospital and they have decorated utilizing this backdrop. We did attend the ghost hunt while there, and this was well worth the $20/pp cost. Our guide gave a good overview of the hotel and spent time telling stories about the occurrences in the building over the years. He could recant stories about your own individual room if asked. I stayed here with my two boys (9 and 7) and they really enjoyed the hunt, even if they were a little apprehensive at first.

I definitely recommend this for a stay. It will not disappoint. They've done a great job redo-ing it over the years. And the Asylum Restaurant inside is great as well.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ManuteBol1
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My wife had long wanted to stay in this old mining company hospital converted into a hotel and restaurant. I surprised her with a trip up the mountain to Jerome over a long holiday weekend. I reserved one of the balcony rooms on the third floor since she loves to have a room with a view. We were not disappointed here, as you look out for miles across the Verde Valley below with the red rocks of Oak Creek Canyon visible in the far distance. Don’t get too distracted with the shops, bars, and restaurants in Jerome that you miss getting back to the hotel to enjoy the sunset from your balcony.

Our room was very nice, and the bathroom is spacious. Plenty of hot water and the pressure was good. One drawback here is the noise. The pipes are loud so you can hear any water use in the adjacent rooms very clearly. If you are close to the elevator you will hear that too. Our fellow guests were not that boisterous, but signs warn revelers that too much noise may result in expulsion. Another issue is that the common areas were too warm; no doubt it is difficult to regulate the temperature with just the radiators. On the plus side, we had an unexpected visitor during our stay: a ring-tailed cat that scampered across the balcony. He was as surprised to see us as we were to see him! Our experience was wonderful and memorable.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank H20Doc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
10.3 km away
8.0 km away
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Jerome Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!