“haunted fun”

Ultimate Historic Jerome Tour
Ranked #2 of 4 Tours in Jerome
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Tours of Jerome offers historic, haunted, and wine tours of Jerome, Sedona, and the Verde Valley, Arizona. Our tours are historically accurate, fun, and educational. We have tours available for all ages.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“haunted fun”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We had a fun time walking through the streets and buildings of Jerome with our guide ShotGun Sadie. The historic significance of this old town was brought to haunting light as we visited the ghostly sites of the wild west past in Jerome. What a time it must have been for the residents of this raucous hillside village.

Visited October 2011

San Francisco, California
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Ghost tour gotta do”
Reviewed 29 October 2011

The tour is over 2 hours, starting around 630pm. Shotgun Sadie, an old hippie and resident of Jerome for over 30 years gave vivid accounts of events that have happened in Jerome during it's heyday and the spirits that still linger today. People who attended the tour got an EMF detector to detect where the spirits were. Some of us with iphones downloaded another ghost radar app that we all found to be cool. There were a number of hits we all got on the EMF detector. The walking tour tour took us to the Conner Hotel, Mile High Inn, and other equally haunted areas in Jerome. All stops had a ghostly history of violence. This tour does not stop at the Grand Hotel, but does mention the Grand and it's history in the tour.

Visited October 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Won't take our business!”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We're visiting from the East Coast and were very excited to tour the ghost town of Jerome. However, similar to other reviewers, our business was rejected as we were told it wasn't worth the money to take just 2 people out on a tour. In the morning when we first called, we were told they wouldn't do a tour for 2 or less; we called back in the afternoon to offer to pay for 3 people and were still denied. Now the story changed and they won't do tours for less than 4. We even asked for a pricing on a private tour and the guy wouldn't bother to give us quote. When we asked wasn't it worth making some money for two customers rather than none, we were told they would only profit "50 cents" which wasn't worth it. Well I would beg to differ, because you wouldn't have lost money and now you're just earning bad reviews on Trip Advisor!

4 Thank JCanitz
Chicago, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“ATTEMPTED to give the Tours of Jerome business but was turned down twice.”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Well, I would let you know how this experience was if I had been able to enjoy it! Came to Jerome to learn more about the haunted history and tried to make a reservation with the Haunted Tours. They told me that they were overbooked and could not take me. I was extremely disappointed but I understand this happens. A few hours later, I called to book the Historical Tour. I was excited that there was available slots for this one! My excitement was quickly destroyed when they told me that they didn't "accept reservations for only two people" because it wouldn't "be worth it" and would be a "waste." Wow is all I can say. So disappointed, considering we came to Jerome to spend some money locally and to learn as much as we could about the town's history. This is the only tour company in town, as far as I know, so I'd recommend calling in advance and coming with a group of more than 2... Or you may just be a waste of their time.

4 Thank Serendipity2478
“Kind of convinced.”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I don't how seriously I take the whole EMF thing, but I can tel you that I believe there was a ghost in my presence in this tour. The guide was very good and did a good job spooking us. A like pricey if you ask me, though. Learned alot, too.